Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Julio Jones > Calvin Johnson?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SadLionFan00

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO

Anyone who thinks Julio Jones is better than CJ is a moron.

And I guarentee 4 out of 10 people wouldnt take Julio Jones. What a freaking idiot this guy is.
Get him to fling poo more accurately and make better decisions when flinging it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SadLionFan00 wrote:
LMAO

Anyone who thinks Julio Jones is better than CJ is a moron.

And I guarentee 4 out of 10 people wouldnt take Julio Jones. What a freaking idiot this guy is.

A moron?

Right. Try one of the most accomplished NFL executives in history.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only real argument is age IMO, and even in that case I would take AJ Green over Julio. Calvin is the most physically gifted WR in the league. Not looking at stats, just flat out speed, hands, route running, yards after catch, strength....

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
Maverick12

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is another example of "Controversy Creates Cash"(kudos to whoever got the hidden reference in that).

I don't understand what Calvin has to do to get the level of respect he deserves. There's always that one story each year where he's being disrespected for an asinine reason. 2010 season with Al Davis(RIP) taking a shot, 2011 with Carter, and now 2012 with the all pro snub.

Im starting to think he has to have a 2000 20 type of season to get all these unreasonable critics off him. Though there will always be critics I suppose, rather being deserved or not.

Oh, incase I wasn't clear, Calvin>Julio and it's not even close right now. Laughing

Sig credit: Smack

Team Stylish
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
The only real argument is age IMO, and even in that case I would take AJ Green over Julio. Calvin is the most physically gifted WR in the league. Not looking at stats, just flat out speed, hands, route running, yards after catch, strength....

I can see the argument he is making if he is starting a franchise, but I agree with you, while Julio is in the same class, I just think Green is better. Calvin is better than both though and probably will be for some time.

Team Stylish
Thanks to Smack for the sig!
Maverick12

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:

I can see the argument he is making if he is starting a franchise, but I agree with you, while Julio is in the same class, I just think Green is better. Calvin is better than both though and probably will be for some time.

Agree about Green, imo he's the second best in the league.

Sig credit: Smack

Team Stylish
ahoda

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd take AJ Green of Julio 10 times out of 10.
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't even think 4/10 Falcons fans would pick Julio Jones over Calvin Johnson right now. Johnson literally has no weakness in his game.

The drops comparison really isn't a good one. Brandt says Calvin had three more drops than Jones; fine, but he also had 76 more balls thrown his way. Jones dropped 8 balls on 129 targets, a 6.20% rate. Johnson had 205 targets and 11 drops, a 5.37% rate. Jones' catch percentage was about 2% better than Johnson's on the whole, but he also had a more accurate QB, a better supporting cast to draw coverage off him, and didn't run as many deep routes as Johnson did (which are generally harder to catch).

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for four years running!)
CJ4life

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I ever stated it, but as a Falcon fan, I take Calvin Johnson 12/10. He's that good.

driftwood wrote:
haggis wrote:
i bet if you had sould after he jumped a little cough here and there usually follow

lol, wait what?
qball8001

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flawed argument on Megatron's hands. Calvin had 11 drops in 205 targets. Julio had 8 drops in 133 targets... Calvin averaged a drop every 20ish targets. Julio averaged a drop every 16ish targets.
detroitroar

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Julio Jones isnt even the best WR of his draft class.

No, he doesnt have better hands.

No, he is not a better route runner.

Calvin is stronger.

Calvin is probably faster.

Calvin can go up higher to get the ball.

Calvin faces constant double and even triple teams, where as Julio has Roddy White getting attention on the other side, and oh yeah, the best TE of all time working the middle of the field.

I think theres zero argument for this.

2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Joe Lombardi
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: James Ihedigbo
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeez guys its one mans opinion and like he said in the interview different people look for different things. He said probably 6 out of 10 would take CJ and 4 out of 10 would take JJ.

It's probably more like 5/10 CJ 3/10 AJ Green and 2/10 JJ. And poor AJ isn't even in this conversation and should be.

To determine who is actually the best they would have to play with the same players and that's not going to happen.

I will say if we were to look at the two players and take age and contract into consideration I would take JJ every time. The difference in salary would allow the Lions to add some help which is needed.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
stylish313

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
Jeez guys its one mans opinion and like he said in the interview different people look for different things. He said probably 6 out of 10 would take CJ and 4 out of 10 would take JJ.

It's probably more like 5/10 CJ 3/10 AJ Green and 2/10 JJ. And poor AJ isn't even in this conversation and should be.

To determine who is actually the best they would have to play with the same players and that's not going to happen.

I will say if we were to look at the two players and take age and contract into consideration I would take JJ every time. The difference in salary would allow the Lions to add some help which is needed.
Sounds as if you're describing best value.

AJ actually isn't the same player anymore, he's definitely lost a step. He's just so bigger and stronger than every DB, his production is still pretty much elite.

CJ playing in Atlanta with Matt Ryan and Roddy White would be unstoppable.
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:

Sounds as if you're describing best value.

AJ actually isn't the same player anymore, he's definitely lost a step. He's just so bigger and stronger than every DB, his production is still pretty much elite.

CJ playing in Atlanta with Matt Ryan and Roddy White would be unstoppable.

Yes, I guess I am describing best value.

I just find top level players are so close and there's so many factors at play its a futile exercise determining the best of the best.

I can almost guarantee that if this discussion were about Ryan and Stafford everyone would be claiming Stafford is better.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
detroitroar

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:

I still wouldnt do that. CJ has shown he can dominate with all the attention and no run game. Not sure Julio would dominate given the same circumstance even down the road. Plus, if Julio would play to the level were comparing him to, he would just command that much more money soon. Be it in a hold out or simply when his rookie deal is up.

2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Joe Lombardi
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: James Ihedigbo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: