Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mr. Nice Guy Awards
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
green24

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabbisson wrote:
On this forum, the answer will always be Joe Thomas.

For good reason.
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JJ Watt

He is my second favorite player right now. Cool
Right behind cowboy

new sig... sorry alex
MARIO MANGELINI

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yfz01 wrote:
MARIO MANGELINI wrote:
Russell Wilson. He hangs out at children's hopsitals in Seattle a lot.

Not that often, he's too busy watching game tape and preparing for next season.

Yeah good point actually....

Still, I feel really bad for his wife. She gets made fun of on the internet a whole bunch and probably barely gets to see Russell between film study, children's hospitals and whatnot.
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see a trend here, Watt, Thomas, Wilson... all Badgers Cool

Trust me though I know it's not a competition, it's just nice seeing that Wisconsin has been able to help develop such quality human beings and play a role in their lives.

I love it when ESPN airs one of these stories, I'm sure there's more but it's good to see at least some of them getting out there rather then none.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say TJ Ward is up there.

I worked the Greg Little Kids Camp this summer and talking to the director about the TJ Ward camp ( its was held a week earlier, I didnt work it because it was too far of a drive) but talking to the director about the Ward camp and he said Ward was an amazing guy. He brought so much free crap. He brought a bunch of his old cleats, shirts, gloves, footballs, and etc on top of all the crap the camp had prepared to give it. It was a 3day camp and he was only suppsoe to be there at least one day and he was there all three days and he even got Joe Haden to come to one of the days. He said Joe and TJ were amazing towards the kids.

now greg little on the other hand was a bit of the bum. he didnt make it the first day because he didnt want to make his flight on time. second day he said he was going to stay the whole day but actually just stayed for the first half but the 3rd day the director talked to him and his agent (drew rosenhaus) and on the 3rd day he stayed the entire day and he got Ben Watson to show up and drew rosenhaus even showed up to. I was a little star struck meeting drew rosenhaus. drew rosenhaus was actually a really nice guy. I got to talk to him a little big and ask him a couple questions about being an agent. He sat with the kids for awhile talking to them. It was cool he took out his phone and was showing all the kids all the athletes numbers he had in his phone. I over heard him talking about going to another player he reps wedding that was a couple days away. It wasnt a big name player. it was nice to see drew rosenhaus spend the day with these kids

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MARIO MANGELINI wrote:
Yfz01 wrote:
MARIO MANGELINI wrote:
Russell Wilson. He hangs out at children's hopsitals in Seattle a lot.

Not that often, he's too busy watching game tape and preparing for next season.

Yeah good point actually....

Still, I feel really bad for his wife. She gets made fun of on the internet a whole bunch and probably barely gets to see Russell between film study, children's hospitals and whatnot.

Poor poor girl... I'm sure she really doesn't mind being a minor internet meme. And every wife of an NFL player, no a professional athlete, barley gets to see their husband's either. No point in singling her out.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
I know Jay Cutler gets a lot of flack but he's a decent enough guy. I worked a charity event that he put together for a local children's hospital a couple of years ago (For kids with diabetes). It was held outside and it started pouring rain. Even under the tent we were getting drenched. Jay still talked to all the kids, took pictures with each kid and spent time talking to all of them after his part of the event was done. Then he took a picture with all the staffers at the end.

Not a single compliant or attempt to ditch out early. Even some volunteer staffers left early because of the conditions. He was great with the kids, which some might find hard to believe considering how grumpy he comes across sometimes in the media...

Good to hear because all I have heard from people in Denver is negatives.

Von Miller donates money for each of his sacks aka dance swag. He is a stand up guy in the Denver community.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jared Allen does a ton off the field for veterans.

Adrian Peterson is always doing stuff. Same with Greenway and Winfield. All nice guys.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay is the go-to guy for Eli Whitney Foundation and he always answers the bell for them. His own foundation raises a lot of money for Juvenile Diabetes as well.

But Charles Tillman is 2-time Walter Payton Man of the Year. He is a great philanthropist as well as community leader. He is a military brat himself, has an uncle in afghanistan, and contributes A LOT to military families.

OneBadCat wrote:
Ahah Okay first of all Gamble was lost to IR this year but when healthy he proved to be 2nd only to Revis last season.
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ECPackers wrote:
yeah i think he's great too...

but define "took time out of his life"

because i'm about 90% sure that, athletes lives consist of... working out, and doing nothing. then getting ready for next season.

you described their jobs, not their lives.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
I know Jay Cutler gets a lot of flack but he's a decent enough guy. I worked a charity event that he put together for a local children's hospital a couple of years ago (For kids with diabetes). It was held outside and it started pouring rain. Even under the tent we were getting drenched. Jay still talked to all the kids, took pictures with each kid and spent time talking to all of them after his part of the event was done. Then he took a picture with all the staffers at the end.

Not a single compliant or attempt to ditch out early. Even some volunteer staffers left early because of the conditions. He was great with the kids, which some might find hard to believe considering how grumpy he comes across sometimes in the media...

after listening to Jay cutler show with waddle and silvy in every tuesday, he has completely changed my perception of him. dude is actually likable. he is like us. dude is normal. absolutely normal. kinda dude i can just chill with. dude is more like a recent college grad. he talks like a dude, acts like a dude, and just seems very real.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolverine_Joe wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

after listening to Jay cutler show with waddle and silvy in every tuesday, he has completely changed my perception of him. dude is actually likable. he is like us. dude is normal. absolutely normal. kinda dude i can just chill with. dude is more like a recent college grad. he talks like a dude, acts like a dude, and just seems very real.
Yeah I think what I've learned about Jay is that he truly and honestly just doesn't give a beep what anybody thinks about him. You can call it cocky or whatever, but he just doesn't care. He wants to live a pretty normal life and play football.

OneBadCat wrote:
Ahah Okay first of all Gamble was lost to IR this year but when healthy he proved to be 2nd only to Revis last season.
tom cody

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peyton Manning seems like a decent enough guy. I know he supports the Red Cross among other charities.
DetroitSpirit

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suh does a lot of charity work and stuff with children.

when he's not thugging. or whatever the perception is.
Pinky

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
rabbisson wrote:
On this forum, the answer will always be Joe Thomas.

For good reason.

I don't think I've heard this one - what's the reason?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: