Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Looking Back at Draft Grades
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kittysack

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Looking Back at Draft Grades Reply with quote

It seemed almost unanimous that Seattle had one of the worst drafts of any team in the NFL, and it turned out to be one of the best.

1) Bruce Irvin
2) Bobby Wagner
3) Russell Wilson
4) Robert Turbin

6) Jeremely Lane

What other teams got bad draft grades, but ended up drafting well, or vice versa?
xjayex

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait a few years. A few of those guys you listed will be back ups or starters on bad teams.
jfinley88

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schneider is a ballsy guy...

Was sad when we lost him. Dorsey is gunna be a good one in KC too.

If Green Bay loses Eliot Wolf I may cry.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

9ers 2011 draft got blasted by the media. Aldon was a reach. Kaep was a huge project. Cully was a sixth round talent that was way over drafted in the third. Now all three are key members of a superbowl run.

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21
MARIO MANGELINI

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfinley88 wrote:
Schneider is a ballsy guy...

Was sad when we lost him. Dorsey is gunna be a good one in KC too.

If Green Bay loses Eliot Wolf I may cry.

Green Bay has great personnel guys. I heard they wanted to draft Russell Wilson as a backup, and John Schneider was the only guy in our FO that liked Russell Wilson. Reports came out that he graded him as the 3rd best player in the draft. Had to be talked off the cliff because he wanted to take him in a higher round (most people would assume second.... But I'm thinking maybe with the 1st rounder Shocked ).

Anyways, what a great FO up there. We got a great GM from it, and he was a lower guy in your FO. GB should be good for years.

Last edited by MARIO MANGELINI on Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aside from Irvin, did people really have that much of an issue?

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
MARIO MANGELINI

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
Aside from Irvin, did people really have that much of an issue?

Not a lot of people liked the Russell Wilson pick either. Especially Mel Kiper Rolling Eyes
Almm24

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Irvin was a reach, but I loved their draft otherwise.
Bodhi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 49ers were given a poor grade in 2011. I mostly saw Cs. It turned into arguably the greatest draft of all time. Off the top of my head, I can't think of a better one.

Aldon Smith
Colin Kaepernick
Chris Culliver
Kendal Hunter
Daniel Kilgore
Bruce Miller
Ketchup

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bodhi wrote:
The 49ers were given a poor grade in 2011. I mostly saw Cs. It turned into arguably the greatest draft of all time. Off the top of my head, I can't think of a better one.

Aldon Smith
Colin Kaepernick
Chris Culliver
Kendal Hunter
Daniel Kilgore
Bruce Miller
Really? Greatest draft of all time? You need to get out more. That's possibly the silliest thing I've heard in a long time on here.

Kempes on the custom sig!
MARIO MANGELINI

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bodhi wrote:

Aldon Smith
Colin Kaepernick
Chris Culliver
Kendal Hunter
Daniel Kilgore
Bruce Miller

LOL. No. Not even close.

Kaep's a little gimmicky (I want to see how he does without a running game personally, Seahawks took it away and Kaep got crushed), Aldon Smith, while a good player, relies on Justin Smith a lot to help him get sacks, Chris Culliver is above average, Kendall Hunter is a nice backup, and Bruce Miller is a pro bowl FB.

Not seeing best draft of all time here. Not even close dude. Intense homerism with that statement.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draft grades are mostly dumb. Its all derived on name recognition. the big name players who fall will yield there team a high draft grade, even though they werent good prospects in the end (which is why they fell). It happens every year. A teams draft looks sick on paper, they get a high draft grade, and it doesnt work out.
MARIO MANGELINI

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Draft grades are mostly dumb. Its all derived on name recognition. the big name players who fall will yield there team a high draft grade, even though they werent good prospects in the end (which is why they fell). It happens every year. A teams draft looks sick on paper, they get a high draft grade, and it doesnt work out.

Yep. Weren't the Vikings lauded for getting Everson Griffen in the 4th round of the 2010 draft? Yeah, how did that work out?

Same with the Panthers receiving a whole bunch of praise for getting Jimmy Clausen in the 2nd. Umm, LOL.
Ketchup

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MARIO MANGELINI wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

Yep. Weren't the Vikings lauded for getting Everson Griffen in the 4th round of the 2010 draft? Yeah, how did that work out?

Same with the Panthers receiving a whole bunch of praise for getting Jimmy Clausen in the 2nd. Umm, LOL.
Actually pretty well for the Vikings. Griffin just came off an 8 sack season as a part time player and overall played some solid ball this past year.

Kempes on the custom sig!
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MARIO MANGELINI wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

Not sure what youre getting at with Griffen, he has been exceptional as a #3 DE and pass rushing DT.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: