Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Looking Back at Draft Grades
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MARIO MANGELINI

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
MARIO MANGELINI wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
Draft grades are mostly dumb. Its all derived on name recognition. the big name players who fall will yield there team a high draft grade, even though they werent good prospects in the end (which is why they fell). It happens every year. A teams draft looks sick on paper, they get a high draft grade, and it doesnt work out.

Yep. Weren't the Vikings lauded for getting Everson Griffen in the 4th round of the 2010 draft? Yeah, how did that work out?

Same with the Panthers receiving a whole bunch of praise for getting Jimmy Clausen in the 2nd. Umm, LOL.
Actually pretty well for the Vikings. Griffin just came off an 8 sack season as a part time player and overall played some solid ball this past year.

Oh alright. Wasn't sure about that one.

Anyways, the Jimmy Clausen comparison was more of a homerun than the Everson Griffin one was ever gonna be.
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bodhi wrote:
The 49ers were given a poor grade in 2011. I mostly saw Cs. It turned into arguably the greatest draft of all time. Off the top of my head, I can't think of a better one.

Aldon Smith
Colin Kaepernick
Chris Culliver
Kendal Hunter
Daniel Kilgore
Bruce Miller

Maybe any draft that produced a single hall of famer? Or how about the Steelers draft that produced 4? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
reckless123

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
Bodhi wrote:
The 49ers were given a poor grade in 2011. I mostly saw Cs. It turned into arguably the greatest draft of all time. Off the top of my head, I can't think of a better one.

Aldon Smith
Colin Kaepernick
Chris Culliver
Kendal Hunter
Daniel Kilgore
Bruce Miller
Really? Greatest draft of all time? You need to get out more. That's possibly the silliest thing I've heard in a long time on here.

I think he was talkin about the 'team's' best draft of all time, now that probably isnt true but i REALLY doubt hhe means single best draft of all time.

"I'm not in the danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
NINERFAN_4_LIFE

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think its too much of a stretch to say the 2011 draft class as a whole is the best of all time at this point (2 years in) I know its a small sample size reletive to other classes where everyone has already retired but think about it. Swatt, aldon, von, kaep, newton, dalton, aj green, Patrick Peterson, julio Jones... The list continues

Give it 10-15 before we say the niners had the best draft ever in 2011. But I would be interested to hear who had a better draft that year? I don't think anyone did
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
Bodhi wrote:

Aldon Smith
Colin Kaepernick
Chris Culliver
Kendal Hunter
Daniel Kilgore
Bruce Miller
Really? Greatest draft of all time? You need to get out more. That's possibly the silliest thing I've heard in a long time on here.

I think he was talkin about the 'team's' best draft of all time, now that probably isnt true but i REALLY doubt hhe means single best draft of all time.

I mean, the draft they got Joe, Jerry in is better regardless of who else they got.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Poster4613

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
Bodhi wrote:

Aldon Smith
Colin Kaepernick
Chris Culliver
Kendal Hunter
Daniel Kilgore
Bruce Miller

Maybe any draft that produced a single hall of famer? Or how about the Steelers draft that produced 4? Laughing Laughing Laughing

6 HOF'ers > 4 HOF'ers
Cool
Biggsam49

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mostly liked Seattle's draft. Even with Irvin, everyone was talking about him as 3rd rounder, and I thought he'd be a great second round pick. Wagner and Turbin were also guys I had frequently mocked to the Giants.

Only pick I didn't like was Russell Wilson. Embarassed
ghost305

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MARIO MANGELINI wrote:
Bodhi wrote:

Aldon Smith
Colin Kaepernick
Chris Culliver
Kendal Hunter
Daniel Kilgore
Bruce Miller

LOL. No. Not even close.

Kaep's a little gimmicky (I want to see how he does without a running game personally, Seahawks took it away and Kaep got crushed), Aldon Smith, while a good player, relies on Justin Smith a lot to help him get sacks, Chris Culliver is above average, Kendall Hunter is a nice backup, and Bruce Miller is a pro bowl FB.

Not seeing best draft of all time here. Not even close dude. Intense homerism with that statement.

You know that the Seahawks had the best or 2nd best(at least) defense in the league right. So because Kaep didn't have his best game against them, means that he's a little gimmicky??

Shocked Shocked
joru1000

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think anyone thought the Seahawks had a bad draft outside of Irvin. I still think it was a dumb pick and he only sees the field on 3rd down, but the rest of their draft was obviously great, and I thought it was great last April.

MARIO MANGELINI wrote:
Yep. Weren't the Vikings lauded for getting Everson Griffen in the 4th round of the 2010 draft? Yeah, how did that work out?

lol at your level of fail
MARIO MANGELINI

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ghost305 wrote:
MARIO MANGELINI wrote:
Bodhi wrote:

Aldon Smith
Colin Kaepernick
Chris Culliver
Kendal Hunter
Daniel Kilgore
Bruce Miller

LOL. No. Not even close.

Kaep's a little gimmicky (I want to see how he does without a running game personally, Seahawks took it away and Kaep got crushed), Aldon Smith, while a good player, relies on Justin Smith a lot to help him get sacks, Chris Culliver is above average, Kendall Hunter is a nice backup, and Bruce Miller is a pro bowl FB.

Not seeing best draft of all time here. Not even close dude. Intense homerism with that statement.

You know that the Seahawks had the best or 2nd best(at least) defense in the league right. So because Kaep didn't have his best game against them, means that he's a little gimmicky??

Shocked Shocked

I'll be the 1st to tell you that our defense is a tad overrated..... Our D-line towards the end of the year became absolutely horrible...... Our secondary and LB core were both legit top 10 units, but our D-line at the end of our season would be bottom 5. No run stopping ability, no pass rush, it was agonizing to watch.

And I just want to see him against a team that can take away the running game. The Seahawks didn't take it away with stellar run defense, they took it away by getting up a few scores. Anyways, he's still pretty young to judge fully.

joru1000 wrote:
I don't think anyone thought the Seahawks had a bad draft outside of Irvin. I still think it was a dumb pick and he only sees the field on 3rd down, but the rest of their draft was obviously great, and I thought it was great last April.

MARIO MANGELINI wrote:

lol at your level of fail

I actually agree with your 1st part. I hope he's a future LEO (a special player in our unique D) but the results aren't promising.

Anyways, is that really that bad of a fail? I thought Everson Griffen wasn't doing so well.....
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bodhi wrote:

Aldon Smith
Colin Kaepernick
Chris Culliver
Kendal Hunter
Daniel Kilgore
Bruce Miller

Yeah... it's definitely better than that '74 Steelers draft...
crunk-colt

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bodhi wrote:

Aldon Smith
Colin Kaepernick
Chris Culliver
Kendal Hunter
Daniel Kilgore
Bruce Miller

this has to be a dreadful, dreadful joke

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give the draft a couple of years Mario. At this point after the 2010 draft, Kam Chancellor was still a backup.

It looks like a nice draft just because of Russell Wilson. Bruce Irvin was always a project in the eyes of the Seahawks forum. If he is going to succeed, he will need another year or 2 to get to that point.
Brown_Mamba

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

B Wag is a steal imo. He's got potential to be one of the top middle linebackers in the league.

Dirk No-Miss-zki fan
kethnaab

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brown_Mamba wrote:
B Wag is a steal imo. He's got potential to be one of the top middle linebackers in the league.

i mocked him to the steelers all over the place. really liked his game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: