Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jerry Rice Really Is A Bitter, Bitter Old Man
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mosteelers

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
What is being truthful?

Working really hard with decent skills wont make someone working averagely with amazing skills better than the amazing skilled guy.

Running up mountains did give Rice 4.1 speed. It didn't make his offenses ever score 500 points. It didn't do a ton of stuff for him which Moss could with ease.

Sorry, but his point is very foolish. Hard work doesn't trump proven talent.

Except when Jerry Rice becomes the best player ever and Moss is considered top 5 Wr. You really don't understand football. I can name many people who were NFL caliber players but never made it. They were talented but didn't work hard. In Randy's case he was really talented but didn't work hard and became top 5 not best ever. Honestly who cares how much talent Moss had. Do you want to hear about my talent? NO. Nobody does. People want to hear about production. Jerry was better and not even you with your convoluted stats and stupid a$$ arguments prove otherwise. I don't even like Jerry Rice but Randy Moss? I don't think so.

By the way. It was very good of you to point out a character flaw of Rice's because you know when you are going to call a kettle black it is best not to represent a pot.

Sig courtesy of miafins23 Thanks
Yfz01

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly thought the same thing listening to him respond.

Still wish ANYONE else would have made this thread, so people wouldn't dismiss it and turn it into a place to bash Moss (we have enough of those).

Lil Uno with the sig.
Yfz01

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mosteelers wrote:
[In Randy's case he was really talented but didn't work hard and became top 5 not best ever.

That's just not possible. No matter how talented, you cannot be top 5 without working hard.

Lil Uno with the sig.
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yfz01 wrote:
Still wish ANYONE else would have made this thread, so people wouldn't dismiss it and turn it into a place to bash Moss (we have enough of those).

Laughing too true
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yfz01 wrote:
mosteelers wrote:
[In Randy's case he was really talented but didn't work hard and became top 5 not best ever.

That's just not possible. No matter how talented, you cannot be top 5 without working hard.

Thats BS. Clearly Moss is just SO GOOD that he can just snap his fingers and catch 155 touchdowns.

But, thats not better than Rice going HAM for 7 more seasons to score 40 more. Confused

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
CornOnDaCobb

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do you keep making Randy Moss threads?
JDKing14

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
Yfz01 wrote:
mosteelers wrote:

Thats BS. Clearly Moss is just SO GOOD that he can just snap his fingers and catch 155 touchdowns.

But, thats not better than Rice going HAM for 7 more seasons to score 40 more. Confused

Ignore statistical facts much?
mosteelers

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
Yfz01 wrote:
mosteelers wrote:

You're right. Bad choice of words. Randy Moss worked hard. But I would never believe that he gave full effort in the weight room, off-season workouts, etc. all the time. It is just hard for me to believe a guy who quits on teams, plays, friends, would also be a workout warrior. Now, I don't know of course. Just call it a hunch.

Sig courtesy of miafins23 Thanks
D0 TH3 D3W

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's the GOAT. He can say what he wants, he's earned the right.

NBT, I got your back on the Moss > CJ discussion, but calling Rice a "bitter old man" well, I can't get your back on that, that's just silly nonsense.

RIP Joe Pa
RavensfanRD

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Randy Moss is the greatest WR of All-time. Period!

Ray Lewis wrote:
This it! This it, man! This is it! We goin' for a ring man!

Wise Old Man wrote:
Joe Flacco doesn't believe in miracles; miracles believe in Joe Flacco
Nbanflguy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NBT has to be the most annoying poster in the world, and this is coming from someone who loves Moss. How have you not been banned?
roger murdock

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is saying 'More games = more production' a hypothetical? Its a certainty.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
would mike tyson have KOd Mohammad Ali? Yup.

Nobody would pick prime Rice over prime Moss. so foolish to think so

PHYSICALLY no but Rice DID work harder, Rice DID give his all EVERY play, Moss did NOT, we KNOW he took plays off, we KNOW he wouldn't run routes if the ball wasn't coming his way. Through his first 14 years Rice had better numbers than Moss has in his 14 years despite not being anywhere near as athletic so yes...I'd say that hard work he's talking about paid off in a hell of a big way.

And what's with all this "similar numbers" crap? I don't know the exact numbers off the top of my head but Rice had something like 2000 more yards and 10 more TDs in his first 14 years than Moss's career (14 years)....that is not "similar" it's one having a clear advantage over the other and that one is Rice, not Moss.

Given that fact and the fact that Rice was never the kind of headcase and distraction that Moss was. Yes, I'd take prime Rice over prime Moss and I guarantee you I'm nowhere near alone on that.

2014 AAL: DE Larry Webster III

Stats: N/A

2014 AAL: DE George Johnson

Tackles: 3, TFL: 1, Sacks: 1.5, QB Hits: 2
BillSabre

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would there be this much controversy if Barry Sanders said he felt he was the best RB ever? Would Emmit be bitter for saying the numbers don't lie? Would there be people on each side of the argument?

I think Rice is GOAT. I have no issue with Moss saying what he said. Rice does seem off in his answer to Moss' comments.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Who got that sack? Cameron Jordan? Jordan Cameron? Michael Jordan? Cam Cameron? IM SO CONFUSED!
reckless123

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillSabre wrote:
Would there be this much controversy if Barry Sanders said he felt he was the best RB ever? Would Emmit be bitter for saying the numbers don't lie? Would there be people on each side of the argument?

I think Rice is GOAT. I have no issue with Moss saying what he said. Rice does seem off in his answer to Moss' comments.

Not the same situation. Moss has been in the league 14 years and compare that with Jerry's, Jerry have quite an advantage. Barry just retired early. Barry was in the league 9 or 10 years, compare the 2 players through their first 9 or 10 years.

"I'm not in the danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: