Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Senior Bowl Small School DBs and Other Prospects

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WillParks

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Senior Bowl Small School DBs and Other Prospects Reply with quote

I have been doing some reading about the Senior Bowl practices and results. They had 11 small-school players. A few small-school DBs really stood out

Robert Alford: A little under-sized but has good speed, length and is really athletic. He is a solid prospect who is now being discussed as a 2nd round pick.

B.W. Webb: He had a really solid week and showed he could cover anyone at the Senior Bowl. He is now being discussed as a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Jonathan Cyprien: He played really well in practice. With such a so-so safety class it seems like he could turn out to be pretty good. He definitely helped himself by going to the Senior Bowl. Could he rise to the and or 3rd round?

Montori Hughes: He is a shade under 6'5 and 328Lbs. He as a good motor and played pretty well. Looks like the second coming of Sammie Lee Hill

What do you think of these prospects? Which other small school prospects do you think could help the Lions.
Locke

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at the Senior bowl and 90% of the quarterback play was horrendous; I would look into tape film and discard this game for db's imo.
WillParks

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Locke"]I was at the Senior bowl and 90% of the quarterback play was horrendous; I would look into tape film and discard this game for db's imo.[/quote]

Are we supposed to discard the practice film also? By the way, you way want to listen to Scott Wright's Senior Bowl Recap. Phil Savage and a prominent small-school scout talked very favorably of those players. When it comes to scouting players Phil Savage pretty knowledgeable. B.W Webb was also talked about on the GBN Report.
stylish313

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like these guys as late round prospects, but not where you're saying their ranked now. Bentley was a guy who solidified his stock as a 2nd-3rd round prospect, in the Senior Bowl.

We drafted him, then Schwartz immediately began to temper expectations by saying that he was weak. And when fans got excited because Bentley made a couple of plays in the pre-season, Schwartz was sure to point out all of his bad ones as well- he knew Bentley wasn't ready.
EhJae

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Senior Bowl Small School DBs and Other Prospects Reply with quote

WillParks wrote:
I have been doing some reading about the Senior Bowl practices and results. They had 11 small-school players. A few small-school DBs really stood out

Robert Alford: A little under-sized but has good speed, length and is really athletic. He is a solid prospect who is now being discussed as a 2nd round pick.

B.W. Webb: He had a really solid week and showed he could cover anyone at the Senior Bowl. He is now being discussed as a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Jonathan Cyprien: He played really well in practice. With such a so-so safety class it seems like he could turn out to be pretty good. He definitely helped himself by going to the Senior Bowl. Could he rise to the and or 3rd round?

Montori Hughes: He is a shade under 6'5 and 328Lbs. He as a good motor and played pretty well. Looks like the second coming of Sammie Lee Hill

What do you think of these prospects? Which other small school prospects do you think could help the Lions.

Not sure why but out of everyone listed, I'm intrigued by Cyprien the most.
DrRay11

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched a little game film of Cyprien... honestly am more intrigued by Jahleel Addae. Not to say Cyprien won't be able to hang but Addae is a better under-the-radar prospect to me.
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure Montori Hughes started at UT and transferred. I mocked him late in one of my mocks and would love him, especially if we lose Hill, Williams or both.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: