Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Arian Foster to undergo heart surgery
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
theJ wrote:
I think technically an ablation is actually called a "procedure". There's no real risk involved and they don't actually open him up. It's just to try to shock his heart back into rhythm.

This isn't really as big of a deal as people are going to make it out to be. But i am looking forward to the overreaction.

OMGZ, WILL HE EVER PLAY AGAIN!!?!?!??

Nah, I understand that - but as someone who remembers the story of Gathers and Lewis, I'm not one to make assumptions on heart conditions.

By most accounts, these two basketball players had their conditions "in control" via medication, and both were heavily monitored. However, when you're dealing with the heart, one minor miscalculation is all that is needed to lead to some fatal results.

If he does play, that's great. But, if he were to weigh out the risks to be greater than the rewards and choose to walk away, I wouldn't be bitter in the slightest.

Some arrhythmia's are more dangerous than others (late editing that into my last post). None of us really know for sure how serious this is, but from what i'm reading i would not think this is very serious.

EDIT: my father has atrial fibrillation, a form of arrhythmia. He's gone through this exact procedure 3 times now. The condition is not considered serious by any means, but it does cause him to be tired all the time because his heart does not pump as well as it should. He would sometimes get these same exact episodes as Foster. Racing heart and whatnot. Not life threatening, but life altering. For all we know, this is the exact same thing.

As a fan of the Texans and Foster, I hope so. Sad

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
sp6488

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope he's ok, but based on what theJ just posted doesn't sound like a big deal. Let's hope that's the case.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
I think technically an ablation is actually called a "procedure". There's no real risk involved and they don't actually open him up. It's just to try to shock his heart back into rhythm.

This isn't really as big of a deal as people are going to make it out to be. But i am looking forward to the overreaction.

OMGZ, WILL HE EVER PLAY AGAIN!!?!?!??

Yeah this is what him had. He had the procedure and came back a day after

new sig... sorry alex
tom cody

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wishing Foster all the best at this time.
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

james.mcmurry13 wrote:
titwio wrote:
Wow, pretty crazy. Never heard NFL players undergoing heart surgery in the offseason before.

Closest thing I could think of would be Ronnie Turiaf in the NBA, I think his was for an enlarged heart. Hopefully Foster's procedure goes smoothly.

Didnt Eddy Curry have that same surgery in the offseason too?

I hope Foster has a successful surgery. He said he should be ready by the regular season. I guess that will delay any talk of Tate being traded, and we will probably draft a RB late in the draft just in case.

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish him all the best!

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope he can survive and live a long and satisfying life.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
amazingandre

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Arian Foster to undergo heart surgery Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
kenney wrote:
As some of you may recall, Foster had an issue with an irregular heartbeat in the week 16 game against Minnesota. Apparently, he will be undergoing surgery in February to correct the problem.

This is a pretty big deal. I hope he recovers well and doesn't face any further issues.

Yeah i just read the article. It's a procedure. Your post title is very misleading. This is not a major deal. Just a minor thing, may be in the hospital for 1-2 days. Definitely not anything like open heart surgery.

Agreed, it seems Kenney over reacted on this one just a tad. Its not THAT big a deal. Its a common procedure and low risk. Hopefully he covers fast from it still.
kenney

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Arian Foster to undergo heart surgery Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
kenney wrote:
As some of you may recall, Foster had an issue with an irregular heartbeat in the week 16 game against Minnesota. Apparently, he will be undergoing surgery in February to correct the problem.

This is a pretty big deal. I hope he recovers well and doesn't face any further issues.

Yeah i just read the article. It's a procedure. Your post title is very misleading. This is not a major deal. Just a minor thing, may be in the hospital for 1-2 days. Definitely not anything like open heart surgery.

I misled no one. My topic title is the same as the article's, nearly verbatim. I fulfilled my obligation to report the news truthfully to the best of my knowledge and generated discussion.

Do not condescend to me because I lack the medical expertise to accurately interpret jargon.

You explained the nature of the "procedure." Thank you.
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foster's statement on the subject:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2013/02/01/texans-arian-foster-heart-surgery/1882409/

Arian Foster wrote:
Thank you all for the concern. As of now, I have no complications with my blood pumper. There was a casual conversation with a reporter about my particular condition that turned public. But I have not, nor do I plan to anytime in the near future, have conversations with my doctors about any surgery. I am feeling well and am as exuberant as ever. Love and light to all those concerned!"

Seems as if someone ran the wrong direction on this. No bother, seems like these things happen from a journalistic perspective. Like the old telephone game we all played in preschool.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
theJ

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Arian Foster to undergo heart surgery Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
theJ wrote:
kenney wrote:

I misled no one. My topic title is the same as the article's, nearly verbatim. I fulfilled my obligation to report the news truthfully to the best of my knowledge and generated discussion.

Do not condescend to me because I lack the medical expertise to accurately interpret jargon.

You explained the nature of the "procedure." Thank you.

You're right, i didn't handle that particularly well. I flew off the handle a little bit because i could already see this topic jumping to 40 pages about how Foster shouldn't play again, blah blah blah. My apologies.

In reality it's the reporters fault for the title. They should understand every word they put in an article and the title. The block of the article is correct in that it would have been a procedure. He should not have called it a surgery in the title.

EliteTexan80 wrote:
Seems as if someone ran the wrong direction on this. No bother, seems like these things happen from a journalistic perspective. Like the old telephone game we all played in preschool.

Good to hear. Means its even less serious than i was portraying. This is nothing that i would ever be concerned with.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
green24

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe Jon Niese of the New York Mets had the same operation. Should not affect his play next season.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so he'll run for 2000 yards next year?

nah, jk. Hope all is good for Foster.

down but not out. I still believe!
stefan52268

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish him the best. Hope all goes well.

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember hearing about his heart problem when it happened... I never realized it was so severe.

I wish him the best. I just hope that for his own sake, that if things don't go well with the surgery; that he will just retire before putting his life at risk by going back out on the field.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: