Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A Ray Lewis & Randy Moss Question.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
AndyJ1134


Joined: 19 Aug 2007
Posts: 1342
Location: South Metro
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Randy moss is the greatest WR to ever play the game. Maybe not statistically, but he dominated like no WR ive ever seen. Moss in his prime made guys like Megatron and Fitz look human.

Watch Moss' highlight reels when he was younger. Watch how many times he has 2-3 defenders on him, and the QB still trusts him to come down with it. And more often then not he did while making it look like he wasnt even trying.

I want to see Moss get his ring. The guy should have 2 already.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jaguarfan


Joined: 27 Nov 2011
Posts: 21445
Location: Daboyle on the sig/ JMG on the avy
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This isn't Moss' last year, sooooo
_________________

Poz- 68 comb tackles, 1 sack 2 int
Henne- 103/173 1,222 yards 2 td 5 int 72.9 rating
#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
49ersfan


Joined: 21 Apr 2007
Posts: 6516
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: A Ray Lewis & Randy Moss Question. Reply with quote

titwio wrote:
Why are so many people only so high on seeing Ray Lewis get a ring, (as if he doesn't have one already) yet you rarely hear people say they'd like to see Randy Moss get one.

Both of these guys will retire as arguably the best at their position but why does no one bring up Randy Moss? Moss has been part of two of the best teams in recent memory to not win the SB...the 07 Patriots and the 98 Vikings. I know Randy isn't as uplifting spiritually as Ray but he's still one of the most physically gifted and exciting players in NFL history.

I'm just wondering why no one is speaking up about Randy when it comes to HIM going out a winner as opposed to always hearing..."let's win it for Ray".


I can't speak on his past but the players LOVE Randy and want to win it for him. They also want to win it for Justin Smith and Frank Gore. Its a shame nobody is talking about Smith or Gore.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Yfz01


Joined: 18 Jul 2008
Posts: 8663
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, so I just realized Superman is a TO stan. Now I understand the dislike for Moss. Shocked Laughing
_________________


Lil Uno with the sig.


Last edited by Yfz01 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
49ers Finest


Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Posts: 8983
Location: San Jose
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Re: A Ray Lewis & Randy Moss Question. Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
You hear more about Ray Lewis, because Ray Lewis is making a huge spectacle out of it...

this is what i saw thinking. moss doesnt really like to cry
moss also didnt announce his retirement
_________________
***WE RUN THE WEST!***
SB AT HOME!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

new sig... sorry alex
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BBIB


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 8771
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some players the media cares about more than others

THey have their reasons, but it's as simple as that.

Personally, Randy Moss has always been one of my favorite players. ANd he's my favorite non-Falcon ever.

I'd love to see him get the hardware to validate even further what has been an all-time great career
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SteelKing728


Joined: 23 Aug 2008
Posts: 14310
Location: Gibsonia, Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyJ1134 wrote:
Randy moss is the greatest WR to ever play the game. Maybe not statistically, but he dominated like no WR ive ever seen. Moss in his prime made guys like Megatron and Fitz look human.

Watch Moss' highlight reels when he was younger. Watch how many times he has 2-3 defenders on him, and the QB still trusts him to come down with it. And more often then not he did while making it look like he wasnt even trying.

I want to see Moss get his ring. The guy should have 2 already.


couldn't have said it better. Stats may not show it, but there was never a better WR than Moss.

He was a playmaker anywhere on the field, and at times it looked like he was uncoverable.

I want Randy to win a ring. He's one of my favorite players of all time.
_________________

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
diamondbull424


Moderator
Joined: 02 Dec 2007
Posts: 12979
Location: Baltimore, MD
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mossburg wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
Mossburg wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
Can we all agree that "being so disruptive that you are FIRED despite being all-pro, for causing fist fights and locker room drama" is worse than "mentally checking out". One effects the whole team, one only effects the individual.


So a player quitting on his team only effects himself? Is that what you're saying?


In this given situation, Moss working harder than any human being ever worked in the history of man would have zero impact in the grand scheme given that Norv Turner was the coach and Al Davis was running things.


Fair enough, that doesn't cover for the other time(s) he quit on his team though. Wink


The only time he's quit was walking off the field in that Redskins game the Vikings lost in week 17 and thought they weren't going to the playoffs, but backed in because of other teams losing. it didn't really hurt the team or anything, even less than in Oakland in fact, but definitely was not a good gesture. Either way, the team rallied and won in GB next week in the Wildcard.

Other than that, if you're gonna mention you seeing him not running routes every now and then at 100%, I hope you do the same in Reggie Wayne threads, because I've seen him and others do it plenty of times when they know they're not getting the ball. I remember doing a coverage tracker for Antoine Winfield some years back. The Vikes were playing the Colts and this was either the last or the 2nd to last season of Marvin Harrison. In that particular game, I don't think he was the primary read for a single pass play. Winfield covered him on a lot of plays, and it looked to me like Harrison wasn't even running his routes like I'd expect him to. Can I go ahead and call him a quitter too?

Most of it is just exaggerated by fans and media alike.

This is simply not true. Perhaps this is the only PUBLIC display of it, but I know for a fact that Randy had been known in that locker room as a guy who wasn't giving it his all for quite some time. In 04'/05' my HS football team was visited by a Vikings player that had inner locker room knowledge on the situation.

At that point, I was a pretty big Randy Moss fan... and by pretty big, I mean, he was my favorite receiver to watch and play with in Madden... but I didn't have a jersey or worship the ground he lived on. So the admission by my coach's cousin that the locker room just wasn't behind the guy and his attitude was definitely telling. It wasn't something where he defended Moss. He used Moss' attitude as a coaching point as for what not to be like on the football field. The message was about "team".

And this related to the OP. The reason why Lewis is getting so much more hype out of getting this ring, is because he played the game the right way. Lewis, for all his personal accomplishments and amazing individual performances... at the end of the day, was about his team. Winning and losing were important, but even before that... came Lewis' team.

The point about whether TO or Moss' actions were worse is irrelevant. Sure you can say both players are/were competitive. But it's also true that they didn't know how to react to losing. Moss, at his deepest, was a quitter. When he lost or saw himself in a losing situation... he simply quit. He didn't lead a surge, he didn't try to motivate his team to rise above obstacles, he just gave in. TO went the other way. As opposed to quitting when losing, he worked harder but also made excuses. Because TO worked hard, he just 'knew' it couldn't have been any fault of his for losing... so it must've been his QB's fault... or maybe it was a coach.. or owner. Someone could always be blamed. Both players were competitive, but they both reacted to losing by throwing out the concept of 'team' and being all about the individual.

Lewis never did that... except once and that was in 07' when it was clear that Billick had lost the locker room. Lewis finally tip-toed (didn't even say anything too strongly) to the effect that Billick had indeed lost the locker room. He didn't throw Billick under the bus, but even then, he was speaking behalf of the team... as a leader representing the voice of the locker room. Win or loss, Ray Lewis was always about his team.

And that's the main difference IMO. I don't really care if Moss gets a ring. I wouldn't be mad if he does. But I'm not going to sit here and say he 'deserves' it. Why does he deserve it? He didn't get a ring at a time where it would've mattered to his legacy IMO. He didn't get a ring on a team that was 'his'. Moss getting a ring now, will be more about this 49ers team and less about Moss' abilities as a receiver... I mean, they made it to the AFCCG just a year ago without his services. With NE, it would've mattered, but now... as a backup that came back from an unofficial retirement... he's nothing more than a Karl Malone at this point. A ring chaser. What did they call them in LOTR? Nazgūl... he's one of those.

With two more tackles, Lewis has the most tackles in a single post season in history... and at his current pace.. he just might shatter the former mark... so, he's still an impact player. This is still his team. And he's an NFL icon. Enough people respect what Lewis had meant to the game to want to see him rewarded with a ring again... and enough people don't respect Moss' attitude towards the game to truly care one way or another if he gets a ring or not.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
diamondbull424


Moderator
Joined: 02 Dec 2007
Posts: 12979
Location: Baltimore, MD
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Re: A Ray Lewis & Randy Moss Question. Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
You hear more about Ray Lewis, because Ray Lewis is making a huge spectacle out of it...

this is what i saw thinking. moss doesnt really like to cry
moss also didnt announce his retirement

I think attitudes like this are just laughable. I cried during my last football game in HS.

I NEVER cry, yet it being in-all-likelihood my last football game, a game I shared with my teammates... I cried. Players cry in sports all the time. When you're competitive and you give it your all on every play and play the game with such passion, the game isn't simply a game... it's a second love (and in many cases- like with Lewis- probably a first love that gets in the way of other life obstacles), a girlfriend or wife.

Ray Lewis has been married to the game of football for probably something like 30 years now. Yet people think he should just be all furrowed brow or all smiles & giggles at the end. Name me a truly great player that walked away from his sport and it wasn't an emotional time for him.

Personally, I find people thinking Lewis is being a drama queen here.. to be delusional... or just to never have played a game that they loved before. Either that... or they played a game, thought they loved it, but didn't really LOVE it, so they don't understand the feeling.

There is nothing 'fake' about Lewis here. He's crying because he's crying. Not because the cameras are rolling. Lewis has been giving emotional pregame speeches and playing with his heart on his sleeve since before the cameras thought him relevant enough to follow.

And did Lewis wait to announce his retirement to motivate his team, likely. But it went no further. It wasn't some ploy to increase his legacy. Lewis' legacy isn't about a retirement announcement. It's about his play on the field and his leadership. What other time could he have announced it? He was focused on rehabbing and getting back for the season until week 15 when he had a chance to return... then at that point, he was focused on proving to the coaches that he could play. And like Suggs he wasn't making announcements to the media when he wasn't playing. When was there a better time for him to tell his team and then conversely the media & fans that this was going to be his last ride? There really wasn't.

But I guess if people believe such things... then it must also be a ploy for Lewis to be out there averaging almost 15 tackles a game. That must also be because he's only out there tackling people because he wants to increase his legacy... doesn't have anything to do with the fact that he wants to help his team win or anything probably... just legacy.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NextBigThing


Joined: 26 Oct 2009
Posts: 22624
Location: Beat Of My Own Drum
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moss has said many times he bawled like a baby the moment he realized he could not play football in 2012. Confused

It is funny that everybody saying he is a diva who loves the attention of super bowl media day clearly forgets he never announced retirement, rather his agent just sent out an e-mail saying mr. moss has decided not to play any more. There was no teary press conference, no 'decision' like event.

Moss is the defintion of "haters gonna hate".
_________________
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GaTechRavens


Moderator
Joined: 25 Nov 2006
Posts: 17612
Location: Madison, WI
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyJ1134 wrote:
Randy moss is the greatest WR to ever play the game. Maybe not statistically, but he dominated like no WR ive ever seen. Moss in his prime made guys like Megatron and Fitz look human.

Watch Moss' highlight reels when he was younger. Watch how many times he has 2-3 defenders on him, and the QB still trusts him to come down with it. And more often then not he did while making it look like he wasnt even trying.

I want to see Moss get his ring. The guy should have 2 already.


Not sure why he "should" have two. Neither of those teams deserved to win.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rayvens52


Joined: 11 Jun 2011
Posts: 910
Location: Vegas
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a serious question? Lewis is an all time great at any position top 15 easily. Moss is not even considered best at his position by many! Ray stayed by his team 17 years, he is a RAVEN! Who cares if Moss gets a ring or not?
_________________


Thanks to mike23md on the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hornbybrown


Joined: 25 Jan 2008
Posts: 15574
Location: 1600 Pennyslvania Ave
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want Randy Moss to get a ring. That would mean The Ravens don't win.
_________________


Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin
Pierre Desir
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rayvens52


Joined: 11 Jun 2011
Posts: 910
Location: Vegas
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
Moss has said many times he bawled like a baby the moment he realized he could not play football in 2012. Confused

It is funny that everybody saying he is a diva who loves the attention of super bowl media day clearly forgets he never announced retirement, rather his agent just sent out an e-mail saying mr. moss has decided not to play any more. There was no teary press conference, no 'decision' like event.

Moss is the defintion of "haters gonna hate".
So what is your point? Ray can announce his retirement, he's Ray Lewis. Ray played longer at a much more physical position. Moss is inferior, no clue what your trying to say by using the retirement BS
_________________


Thanks to mike23md on the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iknowcool


Joined: 15 Apr 2009
Posts: 13371
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rayvens52 wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
Moss has said many times he bawled like a baby the moment he realized he could not play football in 2012. Confused

It is funny that everybody saying he is a diva who loves the attention of super bowl media day clearly forgets he never announced retirement, rather his agent just sent out an e-mail saying mr. moss has decided not to play any more. There was no teary press conference, no 'decision' like event.

Moss is the defintion of "haters gonna hate".
So what is your point? Ray can announce his retirement, he's Ray Lewis. Ray played longer at a much more physical position. Moss is inferior, no clue what your trying to say by using the retirement BS


His point is that Moss does not care for media attention. In fact, all indications point that Moss hates the media.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group