Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jacoby Ford gets a raise in 2013 for what???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RaisinBran

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
bitty wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Darkness wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Obviously because he had already reached it in his first 2 years.

This...

im curious to know what were his incentives ?

Probably special-teams TDs
That's the only thing I could think of.

Surely receptions, yardage, TDs, etc. When he's played, he's played better than his 4th round grade would indicate.

Very true.

If only he could stay on the field... just doesn't have the body to play a full 16 game season... seems to be a common trend on our team at WR and RB.

(NFL)=Raiders, (MLB)=A's, (NBA)= Warriors
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to wonder what his contribution will be this year when it is obvious that Streater is better. What will his role be? And does this staff even have a use for smaller WR's? It doesn't seem like it with the bigger guys we have brought in here in Ford's absence.

Raider X hooked me with the sig
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
I have to wonder what his contribution will be this year when it is obvious that Streater is better. What will his role be? And does this staff even have a use for smaller WR's? It doesn't seem like it with the bigger guys we have brought in here in Ford's absence.

You don't think the staff has only brought in bigger guys at WR because they think highly of Ford? He was supposed to be a big part of our offensive gameplan for the year. Granted, that was Knapp's plan and he's gone but I have no reason to think the current staff or FO has any form of contempt towards Jacoby Ford.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
RaiderX

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:

They're different receivers. Both are fast but Streater is an outside receiver. Ford belongs inside. I don't anticipate DHB being on the team much longer so there's no reason why Ford can't have a significant role on the team when he gets healthy.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:

They're different receivers. Both are fast but Streater is an outside receiver. Ford belongs inside. I don't anticipate DHB being on the team much longer so there's no reason why Ford can't have a significant role on the team when he gets healthy.

sounds like chaz all over again Laughing

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
Chali21

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:

Any of our receivers ever going to pan out? I mean seriously the last one that was good was Brown, Heck even Moss sucked.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:

Hell. I called Chaz for what he was a long time ago. Everybody called him our #1 even during his injury plagued seasons. Dude is a 2 at best. He was a cheaper DHB with better hands. Rarely went deep, made some catches look harder than they were, nite physical. I think BA07 said he was the next Colston.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Bone_Collector

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:

Sort of Laughing

Ford actually made a handful of big plays unlike Schilens. Schilens did have some potential though.

Props to cdUbs14 for the sig!

On the Panthers signing Roman Harper:
Harper41 wrote:
I feel like I just walked in on my brother and my wife.

Laughing
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bone_Collector wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:

Sort of Laughing

Ford actually made a handful of big plays unlike Schilens. Schilens did have some potential though.

did ford even play this year? i dont remember the last time i saw him play

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And isn't Chaz out of the league???

Raider X hooked me with the sig
oakdb36

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
And isn't Chaz out of the league???

He played for the Jets last year. He's a FA now.

http://www.nfl.com/player/chazschilens/4505/profile
BlackWidow

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Ford stays healthy and performs, I could care less. It'll be worth it.

[quote="RaidersAreOne"]BlackWidow is a chick? Everything makes so much more sense all of a sudden.[/quote]
BlackWidow

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Bone_Collector wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:

Sort of Laughing

No he was on IR

[quote="RaidersAreOne"]BlackWidow is a chick? Everything makes so much more sense all of a sudden.[/quote]
raidr4life

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Bone_Collector wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:

Sort of Laughing

He got hurt in the first game. 1 injury doesnt make him Glass Chilenz.
THE MAD STORK

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:

Hell. I called Chaz for what he was a long time ago. Everybody called him our #1 even during his injury plagued seasons. Dude is a 2 at best. He was a cheaper DHB with better hands. Rarely went deep, made some catches look harder than they were, nite physical. I think BA07 said he was the next Colston.

thats a HUGE difference lol, but I dont recall chaz having the drops?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: