Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Haslem's comments in the Big Easy.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buno67

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cattleman78 wrote:
pnies20 wrote:
Don't forget after this year Gordon might need a bit of a pay raise.

With the rookie contracts you can not open up contracts until after three years.

yeah, rookies have to play up their entire rookie contract first before ever negotiating for a new contract.

Russel Wilsons camp was making a big deal about that after a 3rd rd QB played like a top5 draft pick

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
cattleman78 wrote:
pnies20 wrote:
Don't forget after this year Gordon might need a bit of a pay raise.

With the rookie contracts you can not open up contracts until after three years.

yeah, rookies have to play up their entire rookie contract first before ever negotiating for a new contract.

Russel Wilsons camp was making a big deal about that after a 3rd rd QB played like a top5 draft pick

Wow I completely missed that.

MINGO ATE YO BABY!
Spectre

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've learned that spending big in FA is usually a catastrophic waste of money. Guys that are worth keeping usually never hit the market. The top names in FA will become some of the worst contracts in the NFL in a few years.

What I DON'T get is not using FA to upgrade a terrible positional deficiency... like trotting out crap at FS for years instead of getting a legit upgrade.

So long as we dip sparingly into FA to adequately patch holes, I'm all aboard going conservative otherwise and building through the draft.
bruceb

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be interesting to see the players Chud, Turner and Horton are able to lure from their prior team affiliations.

Wonder how it will compare with what H&H&S were able to reel in from theirs?
Entropy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
It will be interesting to see the players Chud, Turner and Horton are able to lure from their prior team affiliations.

...or what Mangini was able to bring in from the Jets, or what any new HC, OC, or DC was able to bring in based on his history of working with players

But I really wonder what the team would look like if Chud, Turner, Horton, Haslam, and Lombardi inherited the team that was on our roster after the 2010 season.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entropy wrote:
bruceb wrote:

...or what Mangini was able to bring in from the Jets, or what any new HC, OC, or DC was able to bring in based on his history of working with players

But I really wonder what the team would look like if Chud, Turner, Horton, Haslam, and Lombardi inherited the team that was on our roster after the 2010 season.

that is an interesting question... hmmm

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
Entropy wrote:
bruceb wrote:

Take a look my man...

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cle/2010_roster.htm

I wonder if, after inheriting this team, all of those front office guys are then often criticized by the fans and the media for not winning more games and then all of them (except Haslam, of course) are ultimately fired 2 or so years later and replaced by new guys that may not have even done as well given the same circumstances.

Weird huh?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entropy wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
Entropy wrote:
bruceb wrote:

Take a look my man...

I wonder if, after inheriting this team, all of those front office guys are then often criticized by the fans and the media for not winning more games and then all of them (except Haslam, of course) are ultimately fired 2 or so years later and replaced by new guys that may not have even done as well given the same circumstances.

Weird huh?

thats the browns for you...

but at least this time a part of the change was due to new ownership. Hopefully this time around will be different. Wink

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
Entropy wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
Entropy wrote:
bruceb wrote:

Take a look my man...

Weird huh?

thats the browns for you...

but at least this time a part of the change was due to new ownership. Hopefully this time around will be different. Wink

I think it's already different Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:

Well, the first name to float out in the media was Derek Anderson.

Compared to the last regime (Gocong, S.Brown, Greco, Thad Lewis), it's starting off terribly if that rumor comes to fruition.
Entropy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
bruceb wrote:

Compared to the last regime (Gocong, S.Brown, Greco, Thad Lewis), it's starting off terribly if that rumor comes to fruition.

Wasn't it floated by DA himself?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entropy wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
bruceb wrote:

Wasn't it floated by DA himself?

Probably, but IIRC when questioned about it Banner brushed aside in the same manner that the Lombardi questions were brushed aside prior to his arrival.

Does it mean anything? No. Am I prone to rampant speculation? Yes.
Ether

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entropy wrote:

Take a look my man...

Weird huh?

Both FO's are inheriting 5-11 teams, our fans went too far to defend a regime that failed to improve in the win column after 3 off seasons. Obviously there is something wrong if we've seen no improvement from 2010 until now.
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ether wrote:
Entropy wrote:

Take a look my man...

Weird huh?

Both FO's are inheriting 5-11 teams, our fans went too far to defend a regime that failed to improve in the win column after 3 off seasons. Obviously there is something wrong if we've seen no improvement from 2010 until now.

Something wrong ? Petty clear its the QB position....

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
Ether wrote:
Entropy wrote:

Take a look my man...

Weird huh?

Something wrong ? Petty clear its the QB position....

coaching, lack of depth, lack of veteran presence

Our previous regime was good at drafting and pretty much nothing else.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: