Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Adrian Peterson named MVP and Offensive Player of the Year
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He deserved it. Rightfully so.

Guess it just proves CJ2K got robbed on his record-breaking season of the MVP (Though he did get OPOY)

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
J Pep 4 Step

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Buck wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
yankee0724 wrote:
So if a team goes 1-15, but their RB gets 5000 yards and 40 td's [yes, his team's defense is REALLY bad], he wouldn't be up for discussion as MVP? Find that hard to believe.

What if he had a bazillion yards and a gajillion TDs? Right? Laughing

Show me all those players on losing teams that have garnered votes. Even a single vote. I'm not saying it's right or wrong. I am saying that's how it is.

It would be nice if they would just change the name of the Most Valuable Player award to Most Outstanding Player. That would solve a lot of arguments in a league where the quarterback position has become so important. It would also give some great defensive players a shot at getting recognized too.

I agree. The award, as it stands, is so completely irrelevant to me. Make it inclusive. WHo had the best season? At any position. Who blew the doors off the competition?

It would make the award so much more interesting.

CK on the sig
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link to the video of Peterson accepting the MVP award:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-honors/0ap2000000134483/NFL-Honors-Most-Valuable-Player-Adrian-Peterson
Tom Brady Tribute
BlaqOptic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:

Guess it just proves CJ2K got robbed on his record-breaking season of the MVP (Though he did get OPOY)

You guys went 8-8 and didn't make the post-season.
J Pep 4 Step

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlaqOptic wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:

I saw someone say that the last MVP not to make the post season was OJ in 1973. And they still had a 9-5 record.

If true, that tells you all you need to know.

CK on the sig
spiritoftruth

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J Pep 4 Step wrote:
Uncle Buck wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
yankee0724 wrote:
So if a team goes 1-15, but their RB gets 5000 yards and 40 td's [yes, his team's defense is REALLY bad], he wouldn't be up for discussion as MVP? Find that hard to believe.

Show me all those players on losing teams that have garnered votes. Even a single vote. I'm not saying it's right or wrong. I am saying that's how it is.

It would be nice if they would just change the name of the Most Valuable Player award to Most Outstanding Player. That would solve a lot of arguments in a league where the quarterback position has become so important. It would also give some great defensive players a shot at getting recognized too.

I agree. The award, as it stands, is so completely irrelevant to me. Make it inclusive. WHo had the best season? At any position. Who blew the doors off the competition?

I bet the voters already take that stance. But do you really want it to be called the MOP?

NextBigThing wrote:
I am a Patriots fan, I know all about excellence.
lionslicer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J Pep 4 Step wrote:
BlaqOptic wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:

I saw someone say that the last MVP not to make the post season was OJ in 1973. And they still had a 9-5 record.

OJ was literally the only player on that offense and he still got to 2000 yards for the first time ever.
The Bills passing offense racked up 1200 yards, 4 touchdowns and 14 interceptions. There hadn't been a passing offense that inept since 1949. He scored 12 of the offenses total of 24 touchdowns, he was literally 50% of the scoring offense and had almost half of the offenses total yards. He gained 2072 total yards out of the Vikings 4324 yards.
Bills also had an average defense that year.

Chris Johnson on the other hand. He was not the only player on the offense. The team wasn't greatly talented, but the Titans offense was no where near as inept as either the Bills of '73 of the Vikings of this year.
Not to mention the players who he was up against. Brees, Manning, Rivers and Favre were all more deserving of it than him.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good choice by the voters. As good and as valuable and as important as the top QBs were to their teams, AD was as much of a one-man show for his team as I've ever seen in the NFL. He's exactly for whom I would have voted.

Just thinking, it's a good day to be a Vikings fan - CC gets into the HOF and AD wins MVP.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
J Pep 4 Step

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spiritoftruth wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
Uncle Buck wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
yankee0724 wrote:

I bet the voters already take that stance. But do you really want it to be called the MOP?

Well they clearly dont take that stance. Seeing how only 2 positions get considered for the award anymore.

Get rid of the "value" portion of the award since it is completely nebulous and confusing and tends to relegate the votes to QB and the occasional RB.

Just name him the player of the year. MOP. POY. Whatever. Just make it interesting.

CK on the sig
J Pep 4 Step

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lionslicer wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
BlaqOptic wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:

OJ was literally the only player on that offense and he still got to 2000 yards for the first time ever.
The Bills passing offense racked up 1200 yards, 4 touchdowns and 14 interceptions. There hadn't been a passing offense that inept since 1949. He scored 12 of the offenses total of 24 touchdowns, he was literally 50% of the scoring offense and had almost half of the offenses total yards. He gained 2072 total yards out of the Vikings 4324 yards.
Bills also had an average defense that year.

Chris Johnson on the other hand. He was not the only player on the offense. The team wasn't greatly talented, but the Titans offense was no where near as inept as either the Bills of '73 of the Vikings of this year.
Not to mention the players who he was up against. Brees, Manning, Rivers and Favre were all more deserving of it than him.

Are you saying wins dont matter to the voters?

CK on the sig
Joe_is_the_best

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would have liked Manning to win, but Peterson absolutely deserved the MVP.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's insane that Watt, who was the best player in football this year, didn't get a single vote.

The league may as well make it offense only. Which, under that criteria, Peterson was a great choice.
Nbanflguy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
I'm glad that ultimately Peterson won it because in reality it should have come down to Rodgers or Peterson depending on how you view the award.

O really? You were the guy saying that Adrian would not have been in your top 10? A big chance of heart
GaTechRavens

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J Pep 4 Step wrote:
spiritoftruth wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
Uncle Buck wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
yankee0724 wrote:

Well they clearly dont take that stance. Seeing how only 2 positions get considered for the award anymore.

Get rid of the "value" portion of the award since it is completely nebulous and confusing and tends to relegate the votes to QB and the occasional RB.

Just name him the player of the year. MOP. POY. Whatever. Just make it interesting.

And the thing is, there is absolutely no justification towards having a bias towards running backs. The position is absolutely not valuable relative to others.

It should not have gone to any quarterback, and it probably should not have gone to Peterson. JJ Watt was the best player in the NFL this year, and deserved to be awarded accordingly.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GaTechRavens wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
spiritoftruth wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
Uncle Buck wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
yankee0724 wrote:

And the thing is, there is absolutely no justification towards having a bias towards running backs. The position is absolutely not valuable relative to others.

It should not have gone to any quarterback, and it probably should not have gone to Peterson. JJ Watt was the best player in the NFL this year, and deserved to be awarded accordingly.

I think it should have come down to Watt and Peterson. I think they both dominated most, relative to the competition.

CK on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 9 of 13

Jump to: