Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Titus Young to Be Cut Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
detfan782004

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugLymayNe wrote:
Honestly I wouldn't care if the Packers picked him up because he is talented and can make plays if his head is on straight. Going to an offensive team with strong quality leadership would be good for him, it would be a drastic change from what he is used to.

Yea because Calvin, Nate, Scheffler etc aren't good quality leaders. Give it a rest. This is borderline trolling

Another questionable Mayhew move it seems. Glad they avoided character issues last draft at least

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
Eagles $5$

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazingly, the Lions probably need to draft another WR again this year.

TommyC376 on the Sig
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
ugLymayNe wrote:
Honestly I wouldn't care if the Packers picked him up because he is talented and can make plays if his head is on straight. Going to an offensive team with strong quality leadership would be good for him, it would be a drastic change from what he is used to.

Yea because Calvin, Nate, Scheffler etc aren't good quality leaders. Give it a rest. This is borderline trolling

No it's not. It's absolutely fair to question the Lions leadership after the off season they had.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only one that wouldn't be mad if my team picked him up......?
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
ugLymayNe wrote:

No it's not. It's absolutely fair to question the Lions leadership after the off season they had.

No one is going to control grown men who decide to do stupid stuff. I don't think it has anything to do with "leadership". If people are going to go out and do stupid stuff they're going to do it. The Lions have quite a few good leaders on the roster, but they also have a few immature, stupid guys who got into some stupid stuff. No amount of leadership is going to stop mistakes like that. If it's going to happen it's going to happen until those players grow up or move on. The criticism should fall on Mayhew for drafting players who have issues.
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
ugLymayNe wrote:

No one is going to control grown men who decide to do stupid stuff. I don't think it has anything to do with "leadership". If people are going to go out and do stupid stuff they're going to do it. The Lions have quite a few good leaders on the roster, but they also have a few immature, stupid guys who got into some stupid stuff. No amount of leadership is going to stop mistakes like that. If it's going to happen it's going to happen until those players grow up or move on. The criticism should fall on Mayhew for drafting players who have issues.

See, all that stuff is your opinion. That's a fine opinion to have, and I don't necessarily disagree with you. However, the point I was making was completely overlooked. My point is, questioning or blaming the leadership of the Lions for some of their off the field issues is a differing opinion, but it isn't trolling.

This is always a problem on FF. People say something negative and people come in calling them trolls. It's been said time and time again, that if someone is trolling, PM a mod and let them deal with it. Calling someone a troll is a form of an attack and may end up being worse than what they said in the first place.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
ugLymayNe wrote:

See, all that stuff is your opinion. That's a fine opinion to have, and I don't necessarily disagree with you. However, the point I was making was completely overlooked. My point is, questioning or blaming the leadership of the Lions for some of their off the field issues is a differing opinion, but it isn't trolling.

This is always a problem on FF. People say something negative and people come in calling them trolls. It's been said time and time again, that if someone is trolling, PM a mod and let them deal with it. Calling someone a troll is a form of an attack and may end up being worse than what they said in the first place.

Any talk about leadership is based on opinion, so that can go both ways. Blaming the actions of a few on the leadership of an entire team is a poor argument, though. You can't control the actions of others.

I wasn't commenting on the trolling issue. I have no problem with what you said about that.
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
I wasn't commenting on the trolling issue. I have no problem with what you said about that.

And I wasn't commenting on the Lions leadership, more or less commenting on the act of commenting on the leadership. Although I can see how what I said could easily be misinterpreted. Very Happy

Last edited by tylerdouglass on Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:07 am; edited 1 time in total
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some team will be dumb enough to pick him up.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
buno67

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
ugLymayNe wrote:

I completely agree with the lions lack of leadership. Leadership doesnt begin and stop at the WR position. It doesnt matter if you have Johnson, Nate, and etc. You have poor leadership at the most important position in the NFL and that HC. Schwartz showed his lack of leadership when he made a fool of himself with that whole handshake at mid field debacle. Also if the leadership is so great in Detroit then why the hell is Suh such a dirty player. If you had great leaders they would of gotten to him by now that the crap he pulls on the field will cost the team games if he gets suspended for a couple games for doing something stupid.

im sorry if you have a player with character issues but the team doesnt fully address controlling its players properly its gonna trickle down. Coach acts like a schmuck and what a surprise some of his players do too...

if your an overweight person and you are trying to diet...how success are you gonna be at the change if you are surround by chocolate cake and french fries... you success rate for change is going to be low. titus young was not in a good situation in Detroit

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MARIO MANGELINI wrote:
Am I the only one that wouldn't be mad if my team picked him up......?

well we definitely need a deep threat and we could sign this guy for cheap and use the draft to improve our D. imo i think he is worth the risk since we can just cut his arse at the first sign of trouble. but i completely understand fellow hawk fans who disagree.

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm being very objective...

twitter: @lards90
Shorty McFast

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titus Young to Green Bay PLEASE!

You think Aaron Rodgers had problems with his teammates this year? Lets add Titus Young to that quality leadership over there. LOL
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles $5$ wrote:

Not necessarily, they got Megatron, Broyles and Mike Thomas, that's a solid trio, but the loss of young will hurt

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Philly wrote:
Eagles $5$ wrote:

Not necessarily, they got Megatron, Broyles and Mike Thomas, that's a solid trio, but the loss of young will hurt
Thomas is awful.

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
Eagles $5$

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Philly wrote:
Eagles $5$ wrote:

Broyles is coming back from an torn ACL (for the 2nd time in his career) and Thomas isn't very good.

TommyC376 on the Sig

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: