Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lions to cut starting RG S. Peterman
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Lions to cut starting RG S. Peterman Reply with quote

Quote:
@davebirkett

Lions will release OG Stephen Peterman today, per a person familiar with the decision. Peterman started every game at RG the last 3 years

Sig bet
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Applause About time!! Chance Warmack at #5? Very Happy

Sig by Smack

2014 ADOPT-A-LION: DEVIN TAYLOR
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hearing Raiola and KVB might be next. Very Happy

Sig by Smack

footy_29

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:
Applause About time!! Chance Warmack at #5? Very Happy
Whaat? A guard at 5? You crazy man, just crazy. Spend that second rounder on a starting guard.

No secret that the Lions have to be focusing on the OL this draft.
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#5- Chance Warmack G
2nd rder- Barrett Jones C

Give Stafford protection, give the run game some gap creators, and save money by cutting expensive washed up OL and spend that money on re-signing guys like Cliff Avril/Chris Houston for our defense. Very Happy

Sig by Smack

footy_29

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:
#5- Chance Warmack G

Give Stafford protection, give the run game some gap creators, and save money by cutting expensive washed up OL and spend that money on re-signing guys like Cliff Avril/Chris Houston for our defense. Very Happy

OR you could draft a G in round two and a C in round three....saving your first pick for the BPA. Most teams can find a first-year starter at G and C in those rounds, particularly with a high draft pick.

You could have Eric Fischer, Dee Milliner, or Damontre Moore at that selection, in addition to starters at guard and center. Which is exactly what the Lions will do. Guards are valuable, just not #5 selection valuable. (ie. it's not happening)
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
#5- Chance Warmack G

OR you could draft a G in round two and a C in round three....saving your first pick for the BPA. Most teams can find a first-year starter at G and C in those rounds, particularly with a high draft pick.

You could have Eric Fischer, Dee Milliner, or Damontre Moore at that selection, in addition to starters at guard and center. Which is exactly what the Lions will do. Guards are valuable, just not #5 selection valuable. (ie. it's not happening)

DaMontre Moore doesn't fit the Lions scheme. Eric Fischer isn't the best OT in the draft. Milliner could be in play. In fact, I would love to see Milliner on the Lions.

But thanks for letting me know what the Lions will do.

Sig by Smack

broncos67

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:
footy_29 wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
#5- Chance Warmack G

DaMontre Moore doesn't fit the Lions scheme. Eric Fischer isn't the best OT in the draft. Milliner could be in play. In fact, I would love to see Milliner on the Lions.

Eric Fisher is the best OT in the draft.

Thanks, Tzimisce
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
footy_29 wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
#5- Chance Warmack G

No.

Sig by Smack

X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
#5- Chance Warmack G

There's no way I trust Mayhew to draft a starting player who can contribute beyond the 2nd round at this point. I'll believe it when I see it.
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
footy_29 wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
#5- Chance Warmack G

No.

Either way atm I see an OT going top 4, so you would get the other one if you went that route.

Revel8 wrote:
I believe I may have already found it. Not only the way to cure ebola, but every virus period.

FF Big Brother III Winner Cool

#JDI
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
footy_29 wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
#5- Chance Warmack G

No.

Either way atm I see an OT going top 4, so you would get the other one if you went that route.

But we have three on the roster and want to retain another.

Riley Reiff, Jeff Backus and Jason Fox are all still under contract, with Gosder Cherilus and free agent and might re-sign with the Lions. So why would the Lions need to draft either OT?

Sig by Smack

TheROARisBACK

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrRay11 wrote:
Peterman allowed a league-high (among guards) 36 hurries last year.

The interior of our line was garbage, aside Sims. Also speculation that Dom might be next Pray Hopefully we can shore it up and give Stafford some time without pressure up the middle.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should Peterman still be considered a legitimate backup/emergency starter?

I can't think of a team that would right away pick him up, but will he be a name to be called if injury occurs?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
Should Peterman still be considered a legitimate backup/emergency starter?

I can't think of a team that would right away pick him up, but will he be a name to be called if injury occurs?

He's really bad. He's young, and mostly injury free. But he's just the most inconsistent, undisciplined OL I can think of. He won't just let up the most QB pressures, but he'll commit dead ball penalties on top of it. He should have been cut awhile ago. He was due alot of money. Maybe, he could be a backup somewhere, but just hope he's never actually needed to play.

Sig by Smack

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: