Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Titus Young Claimed By St. Louis Rams
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jonezy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omniphobe wrote:
Hey look, Bradford is finally getting some help. Laughing

You should be scared, us signing the best WR in the game just made this our division.

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
They must have tied Zimmer down to even prevent him from trying to claim him for the Bengals. Laughing

Zimmer? You mean Mike Brown? Confused

ZImmer probably wanted to reform all these guys so he could finally get a HC job. Wink

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait to watch this play out.

No risk?

I guess. Provided he doesn't sucker punch someone like Bradford and put him out of the lineup. Or, he doesn't sabotage the team on purpose in a critical game.

The kid needs and apparently refuses to get professional help. According to some media reports it was his unwillingness to get help that made the Lions cut ties with him.

I don't think the Rams players or management will put up with Young's personality issues so I doubt he makes it out of training camp.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Jonezy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Its a NO risk, decent reward signing. If he succeeds, they got a good WR for no compensation...If he starts acting up, you cut him with no penalty. I don't see the issue.

Honest question, for anyone that wants to respond. We seem to have folks claiming this on at least a couple of pickups every off-season. How many of them have actually worked out? I'm not trying to be smug, I'm legitimately interested.

I guess you never know. If Brian Quick learns how to use his size and measurables then Titus will be our 3rd true WR (Amendola is slot). Can his ego take being behind Quick & Givens? If so, I'm sure he will do fine for us. He is reunited with his fellow Boise WR in Pettis which may help him. A lot of this is on how Brian Quick develops this off season.

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
Jonezy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:

No risk?

I guess. Provided he doesn't sucker punch someone like Bradford and put him out of the lineup. Or, he doesn't sabotage the team on purpose in a critical game.

The kid needs and apparently refuses to get professional help. According to some media reports it was his unwillingness to get help that made the Lions cut ties with him.

I don't think the Rams players or management will put up with Young's personality issues so I doubt he makes it out of training camp.

I'm not sticking up for him, but maybe he didn't want to get help because he just didn't want to play for Detroit? Maybe? That is still no excuse because un less your a free agent you don't decide where you play. No matter what he is a diva. I'm just saying maybe there is some stuff on Detroit's part we don't know. But , he shouldn't be punching teamates and if he acts out against any member of this team he will be cut befroe he takes his pads off.

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's a major headcase. For him to say he is better than Megatron is just sad. Nothing wrong with having confidence but he has some issues. He'll probably be out of the league soon. What happens if he doesn't get the ball in St. Louis? Quit on them like he did the Lions?

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor on the reigning MVP's sig!
SadLionFan00

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonezy wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:

No risk?

I'm not sticking up for him, but maybe he didn't want to get help because he just didn't want to play for Detroit? Maybe? That is still no excuse because un less your a free agent you don't decide where you play. No matter what he is a diva. I'm just saying maybe there is some stuff on Detroit's part we don't know. But , he shouldn't be punching teamates and if he acts out against any member of this team he will be cut befroe he takes his pads off.

His problem was the fact that Calvin Johnson was getting more targets than him. Thats really all it was. Yeah, he caused a couple of headaches with his big mouth and tendancies to get into it with other players, but that didnt bother me at all.

It was when he started sabotaging his team to get himself more receptions. Thats what did it.
Get him to fling poo more accurately and make better decisions when flinging it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
-Hope-

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Its a NO risk, decent reward signing. If he succeeds, they got a good WR for no compensation...If he starts acting up, you cut him with no penalty. I don't see the issue.

Honest question, for anyone that wants to respond. We seem to have folks claiming this on at least a couple of pickups every off-season. How many of them have actually worked out? I'm not trying to be smug, I'm legitimately interested.

Great question. I'm trying to think about all the recent ones...

People said that about VY to the Eagles, right? Not so hot.
Another big one was Randy Moss to the Titans. Also terrible. Then again, Randy Moss to the 49ers was a solid move.
Mike Williams to the Seahawks wasn't too bad for a season, but he never amounted to anything after that.

There's gotta be more.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SadLionFan00 wrote:
You know this guy is a nutjob when even the BENGALS didnt put a claim on him Laughing

Also speaks to the Rams WR situation Laughing

EDIT: Probably his best landing spot, though. He says he is a #1 WR, well now here ya go, prove it. Very little competition in STL.

To be fair, if the Lions had a QB capable of progressing past Calvin Johnson, maybe Young wouldn't have had to line up in the wrong spot and try to steal the ball from Calvin to get it. Laughing

Louis Friend wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
lilant2398 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
albo23 wrote:
Janoris Jenkins, Cortland Finnegan, and Titus Young? Good luck.

A very interesting trio, i'd love to see the TC fights Laughing

because janoris and young have history of fighting?...... ok

Young does considering he got into a fight with Delmas.... Laughing

Not much of a fight. Titus sucker punched Delmas during a practice. Then got sent home and was told to stay away from the team during training camp.

Titus got suspended at Boise St. for fighting a teammate as well.

But according to Rams fans, Titus has never had an issue before this last one. It's not Titus' fault, it's the teams. And apparently he's a slot receiver. Man, this is going to be fun to watch. Laughing

Young also headbutted Janoris during the Lions-Rams game. Hopefully when Finnegan, Tru Johnson and Jenkins jump him during practice, they'll beat some sense into him. Laughing

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

Great question. I'm trying to think about all the recent ones...

People said that about VY to the Eagles, right? Not so hot.
Another big one was Randy Moss to the Titans. Also terrible. Then again, Randy Moss to the 49ers was a solid move.
Mike Williams to the Seahawks wasn't too bad for a season, but he never amounted to anything after that.

There's gotta be more.

Others off the top of my head:
- Dallas signing Tank Johnson with his suspension still to serve following his release from prison (and Chicago); he started a total of 2 games in 2 years, totaling 33 tackles (incl. combined) and 3 sacks.
- A case could be made for when Philly initially signed Vick.
- Tampa claiming Haynesworth off of waivers the year before last after the Pats traded for then later released him. The Bucs ended up releasing Haynesworth themselves last February.
- The Jets picked up Aaron Berry (the Detroit CB who was arrested twice i nthe same month's time last year); he played in 7 games totaling 2 tackles for them before going on IR just before the new year.
- Then of course there's someone I'm incredibly familiar with being a former LA Rams fan... Lawrence Phillips and his stints in Miami (got in trouble again) and San Francisco (openly mocked coaching directives - and this was after he'd had the opportunity to play under Bill freakin' Walsh).

I'm sure there's more. None are truly showing anything terribly promising.
-

Sig by IDOG_det
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
SadLionFan00 wrote:
You know this guy is a nutjob when even the BENGALS didnt put a claim on him Laughing

EDIT: Probably his best landing spot, though. He says he is a #1 WR, well now here ya go, prove it. Very little competition in STL.

To be fair, if the Lions had a QB capable of progressing past Calvin Johnson, maybe Young wouldn't have had to line up in the wrong spot and try to steal the ball from Calvin to get it. Laughing

To be fair, as a Titus fantasy owner from last season I can attest... he'd still likely drop that pass a solid 60-70% of the time.

Sig by IDOG_det
vang_evo9

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That boi aint worth a dime! Good luck rams
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
SadLionFan00 wrote:

To be fair, as a Titus fantasy owner from last season I can attest... he'd still likely drop that pass a solid 60-70% of the time.

So you're saying there's a chance...?

aceinthehouse

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The good news=low risk-high reward if he can get his act together.
The bad news=Rams fans are now running out of excuses, for when Bradford stinks up the joint now that he has more weapons to throw too.

no wait..they still have the o-line excuse

Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aceinthehouse wrote:
The good news=low risk-high reward if he can get his act together.
The bad news=Rams fans are now running out of excuses, for when Bradford stinks up the joint now that he has more weapons to throw too.

no wait..they still have the o-line excuse

Laughing

Well, that's based on the assumption that Bradford stunk up the joint in 2012 which would be a wrong one. It's also based on the assumption that he'll stink in 2013.

What are your excuses going to be when your cripple of a QB suddenly isn't a good passer anymore without his running ability?

(And I hate saying that because I actually like RGIII but some of you Redskin fans are intolerable)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 5 of 14

Jump to: