Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

*** 2013 NFL Mock Draft - 2 Rounds - Updated 2/16 ***
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2014 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LeGarrettsBlunt

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:53 am    Post subject: *** 2013 NFL Mock Draft - 2 Rounds - Updated 2/16 *** Reply with quote

Round 1:

1. Kansas City Chiefs - Geno Smith, QB

I still think at the end of the day the Chiefs will take a QB with the #1 overall pick. Geno Smith is and probably will be the top QB.

2. Jacksonville Jaguars - Jarvis Jones, DE/OLB

The Jaguars must upgrade the pass rush. They could take Star to eat up blockers in the middle but instead I think they will take one of the pure pass rushers. As long as Jones' spinal stenosis doesn't worry the Jags he should be the pick here.

3. Oakland Raiders - Star Lotulelei, DT/NT

If Star is available I think he's the pick. He fills one of their biggest needs and he seems like a Raiders type player to me.

4. Philadelphia Eagles - Luke Joeckel, OT

I think the Eagles will strongly consider Joeckel if he is there. They need offensive line help and he may be the BPA. If Jason Peters returns and is fine he can move back to RT where he started his career.

5. Detroit Lions - Bjoern Werner, DE

The Lions usually take the BPA which could be Werner in this scenario. They also need to replace KVB who they just cut.

6. Cleveland Browns - Damontre Moore, DE/OLB

If the Browns are going to move to a 3/4 they need the personnel to make the switch. That might require taking a rush linebacker in the draft.

7. Arizona Cardinals - Eric Fisher, OT

If the Cardinals pass on a QB it should be for offensive line help. Eric Fisher has established himself as the 2nd best OT.

8. Buffalo Bills - Matt Barkley, QB

Barkley has almost come full circle in my mock after being dropped to the second round, he has now returned to the top 10. The Bills need to take a QB and Barkley may establish himself as the clear #2.

9. New York Jets - Mike Glennon, QB

The Jets have given up on Mark Sanchez. I think there's a very slim chance he is the starter on day 1 next season. They may look at drafting a QB instead. I think they need to move away from taking the big name QBs and take a lesser known prospect that can offer more on the field and less off.

10. Tennessee Titans - Sharrif Floyd, DT

Floyd has done a lot for himself in the pre-draft process and has moved up a lot. He is now a potential top 10 pick. The Titans need a DT next to Casey so they could consider him.

11. San Diego Chargers - Lane Johnson, OT

The Chargers will most likely be considering an o-lineman early in this draft. They need a lot of help there.

12. Miami Dolphins - Dee Milliner, CB

The Dolphins will most likely consider Milliner if he is still on the board. Every year the player I want the Bucs to pick goes 1 or 2 spots before us so this makes perfect sense that it would happen.

13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Barkevious Mingo, DE

The Bucs need CB help badly but if Milliner is gone I don't see them taking Rhodes or Banks with the #13 overall pick. Possibly in a trade down but since I rarely predict trades in my mocks I will mock mock them another pick here. If Mingo is available I hope the Bucs consider him.

14. Carolina Panthers - Keenan Allen, WR

I think the Panthers could surprise with a pick like this. They need to give Newton another weapon on offense besides Steve Smith, who is starting to get up there in age. Allen could be groomed to be their #1 WR and Cam's biggest target for the future.

15. New Orleans Saints - Ezekiel Ansah, DE/OLB

The Saints could look for defensive help in the draft. If they are going to switch to a 3/4 they will need personnel to make that switch. They could look to take a rush linebacker in this draft.

16. St. Louis Rams - Kenny Vaccaro, S

I think the Rams will look for defensive help in the draft. Vaccaro might not make it to their next pick so if they want him they might have to take him with their earlier pick.

17. Pittsburgh Steelers - Dion Jordan, DE/OLB

The Steelers could be looking for a rush linebacker in this draft. They are always looking to reload their pass rush every few years.

18. Dallas Cowboys - Chance Warmack, OG

The Cowboys need interior offensive line help. They don't typically draft offensive lineman in the first round, but they broke that a few years ago with Tyron Smith and could do it again here if Warmack is available.

19. New York Giants - Alex Okafor, DE

The Giants could look to reload the pass rush. They could consider one of the DEs if any are available.

20. Chicago Bears - Jonathan Cooper, OG

The Bears need offensive line help badly. They need to protect Cutler and Marc Trestman being a QB guy I'm sure understands the important of keeping your QB on the field and standing upright.

21. Cincinnati Bengals - Alec Ogletree, LB

The Bengals need a linebacker and if Ogletree is available, I think he could be the pick.

22. St. Louis Rams (From Washington) - DJ Fluker, OL

I know Jeff Fisher doesn't like taking offensive lineman in the first round, but he needs to think about going against this since he needs to protect Bradford.

23. Minnesota Vikings - Cordarrelle Patterson, WR

Patterson just seems like he belongs on the Vikings. I wouldn't be surprised if it came to fruition on draft day.

24. Indianapolis Colts - Larry Warford, OG

The Colts need to provide Andrew Luck with better protection. They should consider taking an o-lineman with their only pick in the first 2 rounds.

25. Seattle Seahawks - Sheldon Richardson, DT

The Seahawks could be looking for interior d-line help. Richardson could go a lot higher than this so there is good value with this pick.

26. Green Bay Packers - DeAndre Hopkins, WR

The Packers could consider taking a WR, especially if they lose Greg Jennings. They've been injured at the position and it wouldn't hurt to provide Rodgers with another weapon.

27. Houston Texans - Barrett Jones, OL

Barrett Jones could provide good depth at every position on the o-line for the Texans.

28. Denver Broncos - Kevin Minter, LB

The Broncos are most likely going to be looking for a new ILB.

29. New England Patriots - Robert Woods, WR

I could see the Patriots taking Robert Woods. He was once projected to go top 5, he has fallen due to a poor season. But the Patriots like to take players that have fallen from a once very high ranking and return them to top form.

30. Atlanta Falcons - Johnathan Hankins, DT

The Falcons could be looking for d-line help. I think they will take the best DT or DE available. That may be Hankins in this scenario.

31. San Francisco 49ers - Tavon Austin, WR

The 49ers don't have a lot of needs and they have a lot of picks in this draft. They can afford to take a luxury pick like Tavon Austin. WR is also somewhat of a need.

32. Baltimore Ravens - Manti Te'o, LB

The Ravens need to find Ray Lewis' replacement in this draft. Te'o could be considered if he is available. They still have a strong clubhouse and have overlooked off the field issues before.

Round 2:

33. Jacksonville Jaguars - Desmond Trufant, CB

The Jaguars need secondary help badly. That could mean taking a CB or a safety, or both. Trufant could go in the first round, so this is good value for the Jags.

34. Kansas City Chiefs - Tyler Eifert, TE

The Chiefs will look to grab a compliment to their QB if they take a QB #1 overall. They may look at WR, but I think Eifert is better than the WRs available at this juncture. TE is also a need and they haven't had a presence at the position since Tony Gonzales left. Eifert and Ertz have been flipping back and forth for being the top TE. We'll see what happens on draft day but I think Eifert will be the first one gone.

35. Philadelphia Eagles - Matt Elam, S

The Eagles need safety help badly and it could be addressed within the first few rounds.

36. Detroit Lions - Xavier Rhodes, CB

The Lions like taking BPA which could be Rhodes in this scenario. Rhodes could go as high as #13 to the Bucs.

37. Cincinnati Bengals (From Oakland) - Justin Hunter, WR

Wide receiver isn't a huge need for the Bengals, but they need a true #2 to play opposite of AJ Green. The other WRs are more of slot/WR3 types so taking someone like Hunter wouldn't be a terrible idea. Since they have 3 picks in the first two rounds they can afford a luxury pick like this.

38. Arizona Cardinals - Tyler Wilson, QB

The Cardinals need to clean house at QB and start over. Luckily for them they can still get a quality QB here in round 2.

39. Tennessee Titans - Sam Montgomery, DE

The Titans could look for a DE in addition to a DT. There are a lot of pass rushers in this draft so at least one has to fall out of the first round.

40. New York Jets - Dallas Thomas, OL

The Jets could look to upgrade the offensive line. They may look at someone like Thomas. Thomas could probably play RT or guard for them.

41. Buffalo Bills - Terrance Williams, WR

The Bills need to take someone to compliment Stevie Johnson. They have nothing at WR besides him. They also get a new weapon for their QB.

42. Miami Dolphins - Datone Jones, DE/DT

The Dolphins could look for front 7 help as well. Jones may be a good fit for their defensive scheme since he can play DE in a 3/4 or 4/3.

43. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Johnthan Banks, CB

And the Bucs still get a CB that can help them immediately and they didn't have to reach on him in round 1. There are a lot of quality CBs that could go rounds 1-2 so I would advocate for them waiting until this pick to take one unless Milliner is available at 13 or they trade back.

44. Carolina Panthers - Jonathan Cyprien, S

Cyprien is skyrocketing up draft boards right now and could keep rising. he could go higher in the next version of my mock. The Panthers need safety help so they could consider one in the draft.

45. San Diego Chargers - Jordan Poyer, CB

The Chargers could be looking for a CB in this draft. There are a few that should go in round 2 so at least one of them should be available here.

46. St. Louis Rams - Zach Ertz, TE

O-line is a strong possibility here but Jeff Fisher doesn't like taking o-lineman early. Therefore I think they could look elsewhere. They could look at someone like Ertz to give Bradford a new target.

47. Dallas Cowboys - Eric Reid, S

The Cowboys probably need to upgrade the safety position. They took one LSU secondary player so they could consider taking another one here.

48. Pittsburgh Steelers - Jesse Williams, NT

The Steelers could be looking for a NT in this draft. They could take Jesse Williams with their first round pick, but I think he might be available at this pick, or at least one of the NTs will be.

49. New York Giants - Arthur Brown, LB

Arthur Brown could go a lot higher than this. The Giants could use a linebacker and he is good value at this point.

50. Chicago Bears - Khaseem Greene, LB

The Bears linebacking corps is growing older and probably doesnt' have many years left together. They should take a linebacker in this draft to start grooming behind them.

51. Washington Redskins - Oday Aboushi, OT

The Redskins need an upgrade at RT and could consider someone like Aboushi with this pick.

52. Minnesota Vikings - Johnathan Jenkins, DT/NT

The Vikings need a DT so they could take one with one of their first two picks. There are still plenty of quality DTs to be found in round 2.

53. Cincinnati Bengals - Phillip Thomas, S

The Bengals need help at safety. One could be taken earlier than this, but in this version of my mock they wait until now.

54. Miami Dolphins (From Indianapolis) - Quinton Patton, WR

The Dolphins probably need to take a WR in this draft. Philbin doesn't seem to care too much about size of WRs so they could take someone like Patton.

55. Seattle Seahawks - Markus Wheaton, WR

The Seahawks need WR help. They could consider taking one of their picks.

56. Green Bay Packers - Eddie Lacy, RB

The Packers should consider taking a RB so they don't have to keep recycling RBs like Ryan Grant. I think they could consider Lacy with their first round pick, but there are a ton of quality RBs and very few teams that need RB help, so supply an demand suggests they should wait to get better value.

57. Houston Texans - Aaron Dobson, WR

I really think the Texans should consider taking a WR. They need to add another element on offense and a true compliment to Johnson for the few years he has left.

58. Denver Broncos - Logan Ryan, CB

The Broncos secondary was getting burned in their playoff loss. They may look for secondary upgrades.

59. New England Patriots - David Amerson, CB

Amerson is similar to Robert Woods in that he was once projected to go top 10 and has now fallen. The Patriots love taking these types of players and bringing top pick potential.

60. Atlanta Falcons - Tank Carradine, DE

In addition to a DT, the Falcons need a DE. They could consider taking one with this pick.

61. San Francisco 49ers - Margus Hunt, DE/DT

The 49ers could look for help on the defensive line. They need depth there and someone like Hunt could be a nice fit.

62. Baltimore Ravens - Kyle Long, OT

The Ravens may need some offensive line help. If they think someone like Kyle Long could play LT that could allow their offensive line to settle into place.

2014 NFL Mock Draft - Updated 12/30

Last edited by LeGarrettsBlunt on Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:12 pm; edited 5 times in total
theindianstud12

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this pick for the Bears considering who is left
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont want Wener, I want Moore!

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the Sio sig.
LeGarrettsBlunt

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Second round added.

Comments and feedback appreciated.

2014 NFL Mock Draft - Updated 12/30
Justin Hoover82

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm fine with Richardson in the 1st but if the boys go that route we must draft a o-lineman round 2. O-Line is our biggest need. Give me Dallas Thomas, DJ Fluker, or Warford round 2 and that would make a good cowboys draft. I especially like Warford, Idk what it is about him I just got a feeling he is gonna be a damn good guard in the nfl.

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
The Gnat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first round pick is great, the second round pick for the Vikings isn't bad either, I tend to think that Johnathan Jenkins has more value though on the draft board and he hits a position of need, so would be a better Vikings pick.

bigdog2372

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Banks in round 2?? Heck yeah! I'd rather see a DE in round one though if we get our CB in round 2. It kind of depends on Quincy Black's status. I was never a big fan but he was having a MUCH improved season before he went down last year.

Big "Thanks" to IAmPacman for creating this Sig!
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the first two Bengals picks, unsure about Lacy. They desperately need speed at the position, so if Lacy runs well maybe, but I think a Fast and quick complement to BJGE is the most likely scenario.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
Love the first two Bengals picks, unsure about Lacy. They desperately need speed at the position, so if Lacy runs well maybe, but I think a Fast and quick complement to BJGE is the most likely scenario.

Not a huge fan of Te'o but i will take it

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
zelbell

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, North America, Western Hemisphere, Planet Earth
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Browns pick is ok.....Milliner is another very good option otherwise
Heymangold

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as a jets fan, i want nothing to do with Wilson in the 1st.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Werner is an awful pick for us. We're fine at LE, where he projects to since we have Lamarr Houston there.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like Terrance Williams in round 2
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take John Jenkins, Alex Okafer or Sam Montgomery, or Arthur Brown in the 1st round for the Falcons. You can keep the TE no thanks at all. Value for them there is terrible compared to the talented TE's in the 2nd to 3rd round that are almost just as good in Escobar, Kelce, Reed, and Fauria for better value.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:

This. Bernard fits better than Lacy with the Lawfirm already signed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2014 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: