Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Saints hire former Cowboys defensive coordinator Rob Ryan
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sammymvpknight

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
sammymvpknight wrote:
scar988 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

Martez Wilson and Junior Galette both ranked in the top 15 on PFFs top 15 in Pass Rushing Productivity among 4-3 ends who played at least 25% of their teams snaps, with Galette coming in as the fourth-most productive rusher.
I think both could benefit from the switch to a 3-4.

and to start you need to play the run AND the pass. not just be good as a pass rusher.

How often does Ware and Aldon Smith drop back into coverage? That's the role of Galette...3-4 WOLB. I am not convince that Wilson will even play OLB...I think that he is a natural fit at 3-4 SILB. He is a freak at blitzing up the gut...and isn't bad in zone coverage. I think that the Saints starting SOLB isn't on the roster yet (will likely be a rookie/Spencer/Butler).

what? are you kidding me? I'm talking about playing the run. Those two severely lack there. It's why they aren't starting caliber players.

Galette and Wilson were not strong against the run because they were 20 lbs under weight for the 4-3 DE position. I think that they will do much better on the edge with C. Jordan and Hicks occupying blocks. I think that it is safe to say that most 3-4 OLBs throughout the league would struggle against the run as a 4-3 DE.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: