Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Percy Harvin on the Trade Block?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
But if he's serious about sitting out, then they'll gain nothing by not trading him and nothing when he walks in free agency.

first of all, is that a triple negative statement you just made...?

Very Happy

second, harvin has never stated, hinted, or threatened to sit out a season. anyone that has followed Harvin knows the dude wants to play.

But if he's serious about sitting out, then they won't gain anything by opting against trading him and receive nothing when he walks in free agency Question

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
But if he's serious about sitting out, then they'll gain nothing by not trading him and nothing when he walks in free agency.

first of all, is that a triple negative statement you just made...?

Very Happy

second, harvin has never stated, hinted, or threatened to sit out a season. anyone that has followed Harvin knows the dude wants to play.

But if he's serious about sitting out, then they won't gain anything by opting against trading him and receive nothing when he walks in free agency Question

If he sits out he won't get paid and he won't gain an accrued season. The Vikings own his rights for a minimum of one year but if he sits out the year carries over to the next. Theoretically he would never hit free agency if he kept sitting out.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
Not sure what it would take (#35 is kinda high) or how much $, but the idea of adding him to a Chip Kelly offense (whatever that intells no one knows) intrigues the hell out of me. Speed ,speed and more speed.

I'd be uncomfortable trading #35 for him. Harvin is a very good player, but he's not dominant in any one facet of the game. and he's not a QB. An early third is a pretty good value match for both teams, I think.

Having Maclin, Jackson, and Harvin as our top three WRs would terrorize defenses in the open field, but I could see some redzone issues. I'd rather spend that pick on a big WR that might be available.
justinsgiants

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
justinsgiants wrote:
If he does not show up while still under contract with Minnesota next season then Harvin will just get fined.

At least this way they'd get something out of him. It's not as much rewarding him as it is them just cutting their losses and getting what they can in return.

Yeah but all the leverage is with the other team who is trying to get Harvin since Minnesota is only trading him because they have to. Sounds to me like Minnesota won't get as much as they would hope for in return.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aceinthehouse wrote:
Harvin won't go for a 1st or a 2nd.
Take that to the bank.

This will be a terrible off-season to try to trade a WR for compensation. Specially 1 with red flags such as Harvin.

Here are my 3 reasons why he won't got for anything higher, than a 3rd or a 3rd and additional lower picks.
---------------------------------
#1)He's not considered injury prone..yet, but he's had problems with those migranes & he's had trouble staying on the field consistently. Are you dumping a 1st or 2nd for a player, you might get 8 games a year?

#2)His temper or personality conflict with coaching staff. He's already had issues with both Frazier & Childress. Are there others I don't know about? Don't think this doesn't play into how teams decide if they want "said" player in their locker room..cause it does. Remember....this is a guy on the last yr of his rookie contract. Are you paying him HUGE money, when you have no idea how the he or the team will evolve with one another?

#3)This is the main reason why Harvin won't command top end draft selections.
Have you seen the WR's available in Free Agency lately? Wallace, Jennings, Bowe, Welker, Amendola, Cruz (RFA), Those are 6 #1 WR's gentleman. Not #2's...These are blue chip top end #1 WR's on the market. These are just the guys we know who are or will be available this season. What about cut down day? What about guys who get cut because of cap. You could easily see guys like Santonio Holmes...Santana Moss, etc. looking for teams as well. Now yes...these guys are lower tier than the 6 guys listed above, but these guys are solid contributors. Plus, none of these guys will cost draft picks to obtain, with the exception to Victor Cruz. Just money...just contracts..that's it.

So are you telling me...that when your team has the ability to and desire to upgrade their WR core, that instead of going after these players available and those who will be as well....
That teams are going to be flocking to drop 1st 's or 2nd rd picks for a guy with more red flags, than any player on my list above?

Exactly gentleman.
It ain't happening.
I'm sorry.

We will see Harvin go for probably something similar to Brandon Marshall. (two 3rd rounders I believe)
or maybe even less.

But you need draft picks and huge money, to get harvin.
While only money, for the others.

Minnesota is going to find it difficult, to get what they want for Percy Harvin.
He is a very good player though.

That's why I said...this is a bad year, to trade a WR and expect equal value in return.

I am not surprised you ingored my comment about a bet because you know I am right and you are afraid that you would lose
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A weak WR Free Agent market (it will be when all the resignings/tags happen) is a bad year to possibly trade Harvin in?

Talk about potential draftees all you want, playoff teams want proven material.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shorts-Blackmon-Harvin would be ridiculous.

I'd offer the 64th pick in the Draft for Harvin.

TEDDY TEDDY TEDDY

Props to JMG on the sig
OH-snelld4GB-IO

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd trade like a conditional 6th so he could back up randall cobb.

VikingsFan51 wrote:
OHIO just totally stole my thunder. Took my milkshake and ate it too

Twitter: @snelld58
fishtanked

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH-snelld4GB-IO wrote:
I'd trade like a conditional 6th so he could back up randall cobb.

Lol

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone who doesn't know, Percy Harvin hasn't had migraine issues in over 2 years.

it was found that he was getting all these migraines because of the food he was eating. Since he's been put on a sensitive diet, he's been absolutely fine.

and its hard to really call Harvin injury prone. He isn't frail at all. Dude's bigger than Adrian Peterson. He's just so violent it takes a toll on him. Its like he's beating himself, and I really don't know if you would/should call that injury prone (as opposed to player who gets hurt from the hits from others).

He medically checks out. Emotionally? idk. He doesn't seem to like Frazier or Childress much at all, and I know he was very upset when we released Randy Moss after only 4 games back in 2010.

Bright and Happy days are coming to the Minnesota Vikings very soon.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
Anyone who doesn't know, Percy Harvin hasn't had migraine issues in over 2 years.

it was found that he was getting all these migraines because of the food he was eating. Since he's been put on a sensitive diet, he's been absolutely fine.

i thought his migraines had to do with undiagnosed sleep apnea, and the subsequent oxygen deprivation.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
Dude's bigger than Adrian Peterson.

No.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
Harvin is 2 inchs shorter and weighs 25 pounds less. I'm curious as to how that is bigger.

The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
#JagsOnly
vike daddy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:

Harvin is 2 inchs shorter and weighs 25 pounds less. I'm curious as to how that is bigger.

that's the problem with you guys who are so hung up on stats.

Laughing

Webmaster wrote:
vike daddy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Per a league source, Harvin currently is expected to stay away from offseason workouts and training camp absent a new deal.

Heís due to make $2.9 million in 2013. Itís unclear what he wants, but high-end wideouts earn at or about eight figures annually. Because Harvin has four years of service, he could stay away from training camp and skip up to 10 weeks of the regular season while still getting credit toward the final year of his contract and becoming an unrestricted free agent next year. Though he would face significant fines and the loss of multiple game checks, a holdout is likely unless he signs a new contract.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/11/harvin-is-expected-to-hold-out-under-current-deal/

just in case you are guys are interested in any updates of the situation, instead of arguing which receiver or QB is better and such.

Webmaster wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11

Jump to: