Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Percy Harvin on the Trade Block?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His value is contingent on his new contract which any team that trades for him would want to dial in before hand. The migraines concern me because he is such a physical receiver. Sure he hasn't had any issues in a while but you can never bet on him not having issues when he will be taking more hits on a new team.

All depends on how high he and is agent value his services. If he is not signing a contract less the. 10m a season then He has almost no trade value. Conversely if the dude is willing to sign for 3-4m /season he is worth a first rounder. Too many variables to put a concert value on him.

I'd love him in San Diego though. He'd be the receiver we thought Meachem could be.

EverythingSF wrote:
But I do feel Alex is better than Rivers and we may as well not even argue over it here because I am pretty sure neither will change the others mind.
Conquest8089

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Percy Harvin was selected 22nd overall in the 2009 Draft. Harvin was 20 years old, and signed a 5 Year 14.5 Million Contract after a brief holdout. Since then, he's become one of the most dangerous & explosive players in the game. His Agent Joel Segal views him comparable to Calvin Johnson & Larry Fitzgerald.

At 24 Years Old- younger than some rookies and possesses an immaculate onfield resume. 2013 is the final year of his Rookie Contract- and 1.55 Million is all that remains owed.

With the Franchise Tag Rules, Harvin could hypothetically be Franchised for two seasons before being eligible for Free Agency following 2015.

2013 (25): 1.55 Million
2014 (26): 10.0 M (Projected FT Figure)
2015 (27): 12.0 M (120% of Projected 2014 FT Figure)

Harvin wants an Extension immediately. He wants a 4 Year 40.0 Million dollar deal that will tie him up until he's 28. At that point, he'll be a UFA once again.

Look at Larry Fitzgerald as the case in point. Fitzgerald signed 3 Deals with guaranteed money by the time he was 28. Harvin wants to follow suit.

What team is willing to pony up the 4 Year 40.0 Million extension with escalators? That comes in line with ponying up a 1st Round pick to the Vikings.
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conquest8089 wrote:
Percy Harvin was selected 22nd overall in the 2009 Draft. Harvin was 20 years old, and signed a 5 Year 14.5 Million Contract after a brief holdout. Since then, he's become one of the most dangerous & explosive players in the game. His Agent Joel Segal views him comparable to Calvin Johnson & Larry Fitzgerald.

At 24 Years Old- younger than some rookies and possesses an immaculate onfield resume. 2013 is the final year of his Rookie Contract- and 1.55 Million is all that remains owed.

With the Franchise Tag Rules, Harvin could hypothetically be Franchised for two seasons before being eligible for Free Agency following 2015.

2013 (25): 1.55 Million
2014 (26): 10.0 M (Projected FT Figure)
2015 (27): 12.0 M (120% of Projected 2014 FT Figure)

Harvin wants an Extension immediately. He wants a 4 Year 40.0 Million dollar deal that will tie him up until he's 28. At that point, he'll be a UFA once again.

Look at Larry Fitzgerald as the case in point. Fitzgerald signed 3 Deals with guaranteed money by the time he was 28. Harvin wants to follow suit.

What team is willing to pony up the 4 Year 40.0 Million extension with escalators? That comes in line with ponying up a 1st Round pick to the Vikings.

Considering the WR's also on the unrestricted free agent market (at least until franchise tenders start playing a factor): Next to none.

At this point I'd consider the Vikings exceedingly fortunate if they got even 1st-round-comparable value, i.e. not a pure 1st round selection but a current and future 2nd (not unlike what Brandon Marshall traded hands for from Denver to Miami). And that was when the free agent class was when the top UFA WR's on the market were a 35 year old Terrell Owens, Nate Burleson, Antonio Bryant, Kevin Walter, and Laverneus Coles; so demand was definitely driven up by lack of supply.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CriminalMind wrote:
A weak WR Free Agent market (it will be when all the resignings/tags happen) is a bad year to possibly trade Harvin in?

Talk about potential draftees all you want, playoff teams want proven material.

So you're expecting Dwayne Bowe who has as much as said he wants out of KC to be re-signed or franchise-tagged? Or Mike Wallace - with his team already having committed a long-term deal to Antonio Brown and currently having to get themselves under the cap? Or Wes Welker, unless his demands go down? Welker might get tagged, but if the Pats were going to give him the money he was asking for, they would have by now, they're not an organization that plays games with players. Or Greg Jennings?

Yes, of course. By comparison to the last truly weak WR free agent market we saw (2010, listed above if you need a refresher), to call this class "weak" is pretty laughable.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
CriminalMind wrote:
A weak WR Free Agent market (it will be when all the resignings/tags happen) is a bad year to possibly trade Harvin in?

Talk about potential draftees all you want, playoff teams want proven material.

So you're expecting Dwayne Bowe who has as much as said he wants out of KC to be re-signed or franchise-tagged? Or Mike Wallace - with his team already having committed a long-term deal to Antonio Brown and currently having to get themselves under the cap? Or Wes Welker, unless his demands go down? Welker might get tagged, but if the Pats were going to give him the money he was asking for, they would have by now, they're not an organization that plays games with players. Or Greg Jennings?

Yes, of course. By comparison to the last truly weak WR free agent market we saw (2010, listed above if you need a refresher), to call this class "weak" is pretty laughable.

Going to have to agree there. It seems like a pretty darn robust group this season.

Mark Twain wrote:
Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination.

QBvsDefensiveQuality
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are quality free agent WRs this year, however, Harvin is a different type of player and is younger then all of them.

If a team is looking for upside and youth, they will opt for Harvin and Wallace over Jennings, Bowe and Welker.

And of course, some teams will miss out on some of those players, or may not even show interest and decide to pursue Harvin.
Grachuus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
There are quality free agent WRs this year, however, Harvin is a different type of player and is younger then all of them.

If a team is looking for upside and youth, they will opt for Harvin and Wallace over Jennings, Bowe and Welker.

And of course, some teams will miss out on some of those players, or may not even show interest and decide to pursue Harvin.

Sure he's younger and if you sign and older fellow and keep your pick you get a younger guy and a great guy. It's not like Harvin is free or anything.

Mark Twain wrote:
Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination.

QBvsDefensiveQuality
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grachuus wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

Sure he's younger and if you sign and older fellow and keep your pick you get a younger guy and a great guy. It's not like Harvin is free or anything.

Nope, but compared to players like Jennings, Welker and Bowe, youre going to get an extra five years out of Harvin and Harvin probably hasnt even reached his prime yet. Whereas, those free agents WRs (minus Wallace and Amendola) have peaked and have passed there prime.

That is the cost, overspend for a player you might have for 2-3 years or overspend and trade a pick for a player you could maybe have for 6-8 years.
Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much of this potential is long term Jerry Rice qualities and how much of it is the wow of Dante Hall or Josh Cribbs. I don't expect Harvin's value to go higher then it is right now but nobody wants to pay Harvin #1 WR money and give up a first round pick for a player that has never had 1000 yards receiving in a season.

EverythingSF wrote:
But I do feel Alex is better than Rivers and we may as well not even argue over it here because I am pretty sure neither will change the others mind.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boltstrikes wrote:
How much of this potential is long term Jerry Rice qualities and how much of it is the wow of Dante Hall or Josh Cribbs. I don't expect Harvin's value to go higher then it is right now but nobody wants to pay Harvin #1 WR money and give up a first round pick for a player that has never had 1000 yards receiving in a season.

i dont believe anyone is likely to give up a first rd pick, a second seems most likely.

With Harvin, you're essentially getting a player who is as old as many 1st and 2nd year players. You may give up a pick but youre getting a young player you can implement in an offense, hopefully for a more extended period of time.

What kind of longevity do jennings, bowe or welker offer? I think that will be a serious consideration for some teams. Teams frequently get burned signing an older free agent to a big contract in hopes of seeing that player contribute for 3-5 years.

But again, Harvin is simply so different as a player compared to guys like Jennings, Bowe and Wallace. Not every team may be in the market for that type of receiver. Harvin is unique and I am not sure you can completely put him in that positional grouping.

If you want a Harvin type player, youre not going to pursue Jennings, Bowe or Wallace. You're going to go after Welker, Amendola or Austin in the draft.

Id take Harvin over all four of those players going forward.
tom cody

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Vikings get a 2nd rounder for him. I think their moving him opens the door for a big name free agent to be signed by them.
El ramster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Year/week/team/status/injury
2009 3 Minnesota Vikings Questionable illness
2009 6 Minnesota Vikings Questionable shoulder
2009 7 Minnesota Vikings Questionable shoulder
2009 8 Minnesota Vikings Questionable illness
2009 14 Minnesota Vikings Questionable illness
2009 15 Minnesota Vikings Questionable illness
2009 20 Minnesota Vikings Questionable illness
2010 2 Minnesota Vikings Questionable hip
2010 3 Minnesota Vikings Probable hip
2010 7 Minnesota Vikings Probable hamstring
2010 9 Minnesota Vikings Questionable ankle
2010 10 Minnesota Vikings Questionable illness/ankle
2010 11 Minnesota Vikings Probable ankle
2010 13 Minnesota Vikings Questionable illness
2010 14 Minnesota Vikings Doubtful illness
2011 3 Minnesota Vikings Probable illness
2011 6 Minnesota Vikings Questionable ribs
2011 7 Minnesota Vikings Probable ribs
2011 8 Minnesota Vikings Questionable ribs
2011 12 Minnesota Vikings Questionable ribs
2011 13 Minnesota Vikings Questionable illness
2011 14 Minnesota Vikings Probable finger
2012 6 Minnesota Vikings Probable hamstring
2012 9 Minnesota Vikings Probable hamstring
2012 10 Minnesota Vikings Out ankle
2012 12 Minnesota Vikings Doubtful ankle
2012 13 Minnesota Vikings Out ankle
2012 14 Minnesota Vikings Injured Reserve ankle
2012 15 Minnesota Vikings Injured Reserve ankle
2012 16 Minnesota Vikings Injured Reserve ankle
2012 17 Minnesota Vikings Injured Reserve ankle
2012 18 Minnesota Vikings Injured Reserve ankle
2012 19 Minnesota Vikings Injured Reserve ankle
2012 20 Minnesota Vikings Injured Reserve ankle
2012 21 Minnesota Vikings Injured Reserve ankle

With that said! I would love him.

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ How many of those listed (besides the obvious 8 games on IR) ended up in games missed just curious, all? I say this because I'd bet 1/2 the Patriots roster including Brady himself doubles that list on the injury report in the same time period. I get the assumption he's injury prone hell Maclin gets that wrap for knick knack type stuff. In the end if he plays isn't that all that matters?

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 8 Rec/ 142 Yds/ 2 TD/ 17.75 YPC/
The Gnat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
^ How many of those listed (besides the obvious 8 games on IR) ended up in games missed just curious, all? I say this because I'd bet 1/2 the Patriots roster including Brady himself doubles that list on the injury report in the same time period. I get the assumption he's injury prone hell Maclin gets that wrap for knick knack type stuff. In the end if he plays isn't that all that matters?

Everything from 2012, nothing else. If I remember correctly.

twslhs20

Location: Where the true depth of one's soul doesn't resonate with the world
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
Year/week/team/status/injury
2009 3 Minnesota Vikings Questionable illness
2009 6 Minnesota Vikings Questionable shoulder
2009 7 Minnesota Vikings Questionable shoulder
2009 8 Minnesota Vikings Questionable illness
2009 14 Minnesota Vikings Questionable illness
2009 15 Minnesota Vikings Questionable illness
2009 20 Minnesota Vikings Questionable illness
2010 2 Minnesota Vikings Questionable hip
2010 3 Minnesota Vikings Probable hip
2010 7 Minnesota Vikings Probable hamstring
2010 9 Minnesota Vikings Questionable ankle
2010 10 Minnesota Vikings Questionable illness/ankle
2010 11 Minnesota Vikings Probable ankle
2010 13 Minnesota Vikings Questionable illness
2010 14 Minnesota Vikings Doubtful illness
2011 3 Minnesota Vikings Probable illness
2011 6 Minnesota Vikings Questionable ribs
2011 7 Minnesota Vikings Probable ribs
2011 8 Minnesota Vikings Questionable ribs
2011 12 Minnesota Vikings Questionable ribs
2011 13 Minnesota Vikings Questionable illness
2011 14 Minnesota Vikings Probable finger
2012 6 Minnesota Vikings Probable hamstring
2012 9 Minnesota Vikings Probable hamstring
2012 10 Minnesota Vikings Out ankle
2012 12 Minnesota Vikings Doubtful ankle
2012 13 Minnesota Vikings Out ankle
2012 14 Minnesota Vikings Injured Reserve ankle
2012 15 Minnesota Vikings Injured Reserve ankle
2012 16 Minnesota Vikings Injured Reserve ankle
2012 17 Minnesota Vikings Injured Reserve ankle
2012 18 Minnesota Vikings Injured Reserve ankle
2012 19 Minnesota Vikings Injured Reserve ankle
2012 20 Minnesota Vikings Injured Reserve ankle
2012 21 Minnesota Vikings Injured Reserve ankle

With that said! I would love him.

I assume you are being sarcastic.

I will say Bill Belichick makes a mockery of the injury report on a weekly basis. For the most part he treats it for what its really worth.

Joe_is_the_best ^^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: