Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFL considering to widen its field
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think it would be awesome in my opinion.

i think it makes sense with how much bigger and faster the athletes are.

i think its funny people think more offense is bad and try and sell them selves as this old school i watch football for defense guy.. hahaha Rolling Eyes every one knows high scoring games are more exciting then low scoring games.

i wanna see stars on offense score and more of it. more 65-70+ total point games please.

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
justo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More field=more space to run and gain speed...the AFL doesn't have the same type of problems the NFL has with concussion and they play twice as close. Counterpoint to this would be that they don't have the same type of athletes that the NFL has, which makes me wonder why Polian thinks that CFL teams do. Polian is starting to sound nuts TBH. London, longer fields..
tylerdouglass wrote:
How many stadiums actually have room to make their fields wider?
Right? We got the forward pass because Ivy League schools couldn't expand their fields. Not happening.
plan9misfit wrote:
Exactly. The "safer" they make the equipment, the more likely players will become to take greater risks with their bodies.
Kind of. The faster their gear gets the more the risk goes up. I've talked to a friend that works at Nike about this. He became concerned with the sport because everything now from every major sports provider is fast. Everything from Nike is labeled with speed. The mindset that things need to be fast, and not having the dominant thought of "is this safer" is scary to him. Speed in products have been vastly more successful than in the past. Protection? Not so much. Think of the shoulder pads they had twenty years ago. They are smaller, faster now, but they are around as safe as they were back then. Why haven't we made any progress in protection the past twenty years? Speed sells though. They need to be given an incentive to change TBH. That's why the NFL is pouring a bunch of money into helmet research.
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like this for the NFL but I like it for the Lions.
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
Goon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CFL is super safe Laughing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiHa0puc6F4

Props to NS922!
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:

i think its funny people think more offense is bad and try and sell them selves as this old school i watch football for defense guy.. hahaha Rolling Eyes every one knows high scoring games are more exciting then low scoring games.

i wanna see stars on offense score and more of it. more 65-70+ total point games please.

High scoring games are not always more exciting than low scoring games. Watching great defensive play (if you understand what you're watching) is equally as exciting because it's a different kind of chess match.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Bucketheadsdad

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
We should just make every player wear 25lb shoes. Will slow the game down which will decrease the force they can hit each other with.

Now THAT would make SUH an even more dominant player. Laughing

Seriously though, this could be an interesting move. With the fields "clogged" with larger (wider) players.....yes, I'm talking to you Vince Woolfork, Ted Washington, Fridge.....it might compel teams to spread things out more, possibly leading to fewer injuries.

It would definitely make the game faster, which could lead to the aforementioned players becoming dinosaurs.

2014 1st Ballot Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award...#FREEJOSHGORDON! Adopt a Brownie 2014: Jabaal Sheard 17 tackles, 2 sacks
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:

High scoring games are not always more exciting than low scoring games. Watching great defensive play (if you understand what you're watching) is equally as exciting because it's a different kind of chess match.

I am 26 with things to do and the attention span of a small cat... i want big plays big hits big cuts big moves big dancing and i am out...

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goon wrote:

A lot of those hits are just run of the mill hits in the NFL.

Some of them were big, but compare that video to it's NFL counterpart and it's not nearly as impressive.

Also, what terrible form on most of those hits. No wonder they're in the CFL.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
Goon wrote:

A lot of those hits are just run of the mill hits in the NFL.

Some of them were big, but compare that video to it's NFL counterpart and it's not nearly as impressive.

Also, what terrible form on most of those hits. No wonder they're in the CFL.

funny eh. It's what the NFL used to be. Fun.

Jason Garrett wrote:
It's not about them, it's about us.
incognito_man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:

I am 26 with things to do and the attention span of a small cat... i want big plays big hits big cuts big moves big dancing and i am out...

do small cats have shorter attention spans than large cats?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: