Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bills release veteran LB Nick Barnett, Safety George Wilson
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GaTechRavens

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is Buffalo's Super Bowl XLI bid officially over?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
Wilson looked AMAZING last year,whats the deal with his release?
He was terrible this year. Cost us a couple wins by dropping easy INTs. He took a major step backwards.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrettFavre4 wrote:
bigbadbuff23835 wrote:
Next up...

McGee
Kelsay
Lindell
Fitzpatrick

Yep. Let others like Spencer Johnson and likely even McKelvin walk in free agency and we will have enough cap space to re-sign both Byrd and Levitre (one should be franchised) and possibly go after a big-name WR (Bowe, Wallace, Welker, or Jennings) or try for a solid LB or CB (Daryl Smith, Grimes, or Jammer). Probably won't land any of them but we certainly will have the space to try.
Letting McKelvin go would be a huge mistake. He has to be a top 5 Special teams player. And is defense isnt that bad.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
BrettFavre4 wrote:
bigbadbuff23835 wrote:
Next up...

McGee
Kelsay
Lindell
Fitzpatrick

Yep. Let others like Spencer Johnson and likely even McKelvin walk in free agency and we will have enough cap space to re-sign both Byrd and Levitre (one should be franchised) and possibly go after a big-name WR (Bowe, Wallace, Welker, or Jennings) or try for a solid LB or CB (Daryl Smith, Grimes, or Jammer). Probably won't land any of them but we certainly will have the space to try.
Letting McKelvin go would be a huge mistake. He has to be a top 5 Special teams player. And is defense isnt that bad.

Can't lie, I'm hoping McKelvin gets axed. We need a CB and return man bad. And we picked up Bobby April. Laughing

ravens_rool28 wrote:
Did somebody mention teens?
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bristow wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
Hmm, maybe Minnesota looks at him
Sounds about right...

Barnett would actually be a good fit, believe it or not. MN could be losing both Brinkley and Henderson and Barnett is probably better than both at MLB and OLB.
Just sayin, this wouldn't be the first time this has happend. Obviously I don't care if you guys get Barnett, we let him go in favor of the younger more talented Desmond Bishop as opposed to Jennings who we would obviously want back but can't afford him even though our fans and front office might say otherwise. I just find it humorous that everytime an ex-Packer is even rumored to be available its seems like there is a quick Vikings connection. I remember in the Chad Clifton and Nick Collins release thread there was the same things being said IIRC.

Bishop who has played how many games in the last two years?

Just saying though, Pack fans need to get off pointing out every time an ex-Packer becomes a Viking. Do you REALLY think the Vikings front office or Vikings fans are targeting these guys specifically because they are former Packers?
What does the number of games played have to do with anything? How is that relevant to anything I said? Do you REALLY think that every time a Packer is a free agent that it is just a coincidence that either the Vikings fans want them or the Vikings themselves make an offer or have interest? It's not like the Bears or Lions really do the same thing.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
Packers United

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
Bristow wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
Hmm, maybe Minnesota looks at him
Sounds about right...

Barnett would actually be a good fit, believe it or not. MN could be losing both Brinkley and Henderson and Barnett is probably better than both at MLB and OLB.
Just sayin, this wouldn't be the first time this has happend. Obviously I don't care if you guys get Barnett, we let him go in favor of the younger more talented Desmond Bishop as opposed to Jennings who we would obviously want back but can't afford him even though our fans and front office might say otherwise. I just find it humorous that everytime an ex-Packer is even rumored to be available its seems like there is a quick Vikings connection. I remember in the Chad Clifton and Nick Collins release thread there was the same things being said IIRC.

This man speaks the truth. It's annoying tbh
Bishop who has played how many games in the last two years?

Just saying though, Pack fans need to get off pointing out every time an ex-Packer becomes a Viking. Do you REALLY think the Vikings front office or Vikings fans are targeting these guys specifically because they are former Packers?
What does the number of games played have to do with anything? How is that relevant to anything I said? Do you REALLY think that every time a Packer is a free agent that it is just a coincidence that either the Vikings fans want them or the Vikings themselves make an offer or have interest? It's not like the Bears or Lions really do the same thing.
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
BrettFavre4 wrote:
bigbadbuff23835 wrote:
Next up...

McGee
Kelsay
Lindell
Fitzpatrick

I'm with you on this. I badly want McKelvin back, probably more to then Levitre tbh. Also Crossman has already talked about how he'd like to use him so I hope Nix listens to him and gets it done. McKelvin would like to stay as well.

I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.
BrettFavre4

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
BrettFavre4 wrote:
bigbadbuff23835 wrote:
Next up...

McGee
Kelsay
Lindell
Fitzpatrick

I like McKelvin as a return-man but rumor has it he'll be looking for starting CB money and if that's the case I think we should let him walk. He's nothing more than a depth CB. His coverage is below average and he gets beaten quite often for huge gains. He'll never live up to his draft position. He is not a starting CB in the NFL.

I'd like to keep him because I like what he brings on special teams and he's a good depth guy but if he's looking for a big contract, I won't be upset to see him go.
BrettFavre4

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:
BrettFavre4 wrote:
bigbadbuff23835 wrote:
Next up...

McGee
Kelsay
Lindell
Fitzpatrick

I'm with you on this. I badly want McKelvin back, probably more to then Levitre tbh. Also Crossman has already talked about how he'd like to use him so I hope Nix listens to him and gets it done. McKelvin would like to stay as well.

Levitre hasn't ever made the Pro Bowl but he's been arguably very deserving of getting the knod the past two seasons and I wouldn't be far off if I said there was a case that he is a top five LG. No way would I want to lose him over McKelvin. He's been one of our healthiest and most consistent linemen and was a huge part of our pretty solid line. No matter who is our starting QB, whether it's Fitzpatrick or a rookie, I want our line kept intact. The QB has to be kept upright. Levitre is very good at blocking for both the pass and run.

Like I said, McKelvin is an excellent returner and probably got robbed of a Pro Bowl trip last season but if he's demanding too much money we can find someone else for a cheaper price.
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrettFavre4 wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:
BrettFavre4 wrote:
bigbadbuff23835 wrote:
Next up...

McGee
Kelsay
Lindell
Fitzpatrick

I like McKelvin as a return-man but rumor has it he'll be looking for starting CB money and if that's the case I think we should let him walk. He's nothing more than a depth CB. His coverage is below average and he gets beaten quite often for huge gains. He'll never live up to his draft position. He is not a starting CB in the NFL.

I'd like to keep him because I like what he brings on special teams and he's a good depth guy but if he's looking for a big contract, I won't be upset to see him go.

But no team will offer him that type of money so I don't think we have to worry about that.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barnett was really good in GB, and pretty good in Buff, but his time was done

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrettFavre4 wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:
BrettFavre4 wrote:
bigbadbuff23835 wrote:
Next up...

McGee
Kelsay
Lindell
Fitzpatrick

Levitre hasn't ever made the Pro Bowl but he's been arguably very deserving of getting the knod the past two seasons and I wouldn't be far off if I said there was a case that he is a top five LG. No way would I want to lose him over McKelvin. He's been one of our healthiest and most consistent linemen and was a huge part of our pretty solid line. No matter who is our starting QB, whether it's Fitzpatrick or a rookie, I want our line kept intact. The QB has to be kept upright. Levitre is very good at blocking for both the pass and run.

Like I said, McKelvin is an excellent returner and probably got robbed of a Pro Bowl trip last season but if he's demanding too much money we can find someone else for a cheaper price.

I don't disagree with the things you have said about Levitre, but IMO.. talent wise there is not a huge difference between a top 5 LG to someone in the top 20. However, the money difference is astronomical. I like Levitre a lot but I would never pay a Guard as much as he is going to demand on the open market and I believe the Bills feel the same.

WE have Rinehart who has proved himself when he's played, also the option of moving either Glenn or Hairston to LG and keeping the other a LT. I would rather spend money on Bryd and a big time WR who can change the outcome of the game drastically more often then a guard.

I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
“@JasonLaCanfora: Former Bills safety George Wilson already has visits set up with the Lions and Titans this week. More could be coming”

Do not want.
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bills ar going to clean house. they need to clear house to sign Byrd -McKelvin -Levitre or any combination of those 3 guys they can. Maybe a QB Shocked

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

George Wilson is set to meet with the Lions.

I didn't see a lot of him last year. What do you think about his fit for the Lions, Bills fans? If they signed him, what could we expect out of him?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: