Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rams hire Tim Walton as DC
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 43175
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject: Rams hire Tim Walton as DC Reply with quote

Adam Schefter wrote:
Rams plan to hire Lions DB coach Tim Walton as their defensive coordinator.

Interesting. The Rams were previously linked to Rob Ryan. The Lions secondary was very poor this past season.


Last edited by green24 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
I <3 Faulk


Joined: 01 May 2008
Posts: 1908
Location: straight out of Compton.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would've rather had Ryan. But, as long as we stay in the 4-3, and Fisher keeps his prints all over the D, then it should be a decent hire.
_________________
geuax saints wrote:
I <3 Faulk wrote:
I am literally laughing out loud. Genius!

Nobody can stretch a page into oblivion like I can
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Packers United


Joined: 06 Feb 2013
Posts: 42
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said in the Detroit forum, the Rams have made no secret about the types of players they are targeting over the past year. Bringing in a Lions coach doesnt surprise me at all.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nnivolcm


Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 7460
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packers United wrote:
Like I said in the Detroit forum, the Rams have made no secret about the types of players they are targeting over the past year. Bringing in a Lions coach doesnt surprise me at all.


Like it was said in the Detroit forum, what thugs did Walton coach?
_________________
George Carlin wrote:
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.


Team Stylish

Thanks to IDOG for the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GaTechRavens


Moderator
Joined: 25 Nov 2006
Posts: 17248
Location: Knoxville, TN
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh, Pierce was better. I would have gone with him personally. Maybe Roger too, but he's a little old now.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EliteTexan80


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 30 Apr 2007
Posts: 38048
Location: Three time Mr. fanTASTic!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link?
_________________

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
IDOG_det


Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 20902
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerks. He is a great coach, and will definitely help your secondary. He took a larger role this past season, so it's no surprise he's taking it one step further. Even though our secondary has been bad, we haven't spent top resources on it and we have been plagued with injuries. Honestly, with their DL, he could help make them a top 5 defense by improving the secondary. He also has developed Chris Houston from a cast off into a good player. He had a 5th round rookie ready to play in a short time. Our 3rd round rookie was able to start day 1 but got injured. He also helped revive Eric Wrights career and he also made a UDFA into a half decent outside CB.
_________________


CWood21 wrote:
This anti-Teddy crap is getting out of hand.


R.I.P. Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
YlionsY


Joined: 28 Apr 2008
Posts: 14656
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packers United wrote:
Like I said in the Detroit forum, the Rams have made no secret about the types of players they are targeting over the past year. Bringing in a Lions coach doesnt surprise me at all.


As in the Detroit forum as well you showed how ignorant you are about this and that you are just trolling along.

Packers United wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
Packers United wrote:
If your going out of your away to acquire thugs in the offseason you might as well get a coach with some experience in dealing with them.


Exactly what experience does he have dealing with thugs?


I just assumed that since he was in the Lions forum he was a coach of the Lions the last couple of years, if not my mistake. Never heard of him and don't want to tarnish his name if thats the case.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
YlionsY


Joined: 28 Apr 2008
Posts: 14656
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
Jerks. He is a great coach, and will definitely help your secondary. He took a larger role this past season, so it's no surprise he's taking it one step further. Even though our secondary has been bad, we haven't spent top resources on it and we have been plagued with injuries. Honestly, with their DL, he could help make them a top 5 defense by improving the secondary. He also has developed Chris Houston from a cast off into a good player. He had a 5th round rookie ready to play in a short time. Our 3rd round rookie was able to start day 1 but got injured. He also helped revive Eric Wrights career and he also made a UDFA into a half decent outside CB.


Agreed. We have a terrible terrible secondary but it was not his fault. Lack of focus on our secondary and bad pick selections have made it the worst secondary. It would have been even worse without him as a coach though. I think now that he has more to work with, it will show how good of a coach he is.

This is a great hire and a big loss for us.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fetaman


Joined: 04 Apr 2010
Posts: 20
Location: Missouri
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rams also interviewed Singletary, - Jauron, and Rob Ryan for the DC position. Out of all of those names, I am glad that the Rams chose Tim Walton. Jauron and Ryan have proven to be mediocre at best and I think Singletary would be a horrible DC. Walton is an unknown, so he might be great or he might be horrible, but I would take the potential to be great over a guy who would most assuredly be average at best.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
24isthelaw


Joined: 15 Nov 2010
Posts: 7561
Location: Where the Patriots are
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YlionsY wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Jerks. He is a great coach, and will definitely help your secondary. He took a larger role this past season, so it's no surprise he's taking it one step further. Even though our secondary has been bad, we haven't spent top resources on it and we have been plagued with injuries. Honestly, with their DL, he could help make them a top 5 defense by improving the secondary. He also has developed Chris Houston from a cast off into a good player. He had a 5th round rookie ready to play in a short time. Our 3rd round rookie was able to start day 1 but got injured. He also helped revive Eric Wrights career and he also made a UDFA into a half decent outside CB.


Agreed. We have a terrible terrible secondary but it was not his fault. Lack of focus on our secondary and bad pick selections have made it the worst secondary. It would have been even worse without him as a coach though. I think now that he has more to work with, it will show how good of a coach he is.

This is a great hire and a big loss for us.


Well if he can develop Trumaine Johnson and Janoris Jenkins into good players, the Rams will have the best nickel package in the league.
_________________

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 43862
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've liked this since we were interviewing him. Fisher wanted him as Assistant DC in charge of the pass defense last year. He obviously thinks the world of the guy.

I like us going after a young, up and coming DC candidate. Walton has done a nice job of coaching up what Detroit has given him and is somewhat versed in Fisher's scheme since he worked with Schwartz.
_________________

The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
El ramster


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 36023
Location: PAUL GEORGE'S BED!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate this move with a passion, Which means that It will end up being a great move. DET is a horrible place to get defensive help.

It's like drafting players from small schools. Hey at least were THUGGING IT UP.. RAWR!!!!

jk.

At least we have someone. We had a top 10 defense by committee last year. Can't wait to see what we accomplish. There is just so much talent that I doubt that even he can mess it up.
_________________

"Hot Pie" -House Hot Pie, All hail the King.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
El ramster


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 36023
Location: PAUL GEORGE'S BED!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

24isthelaw wrote:
YlionsY wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Jerks. He is a great coach, and will definitely help your secondary. He took a larger role this past season, so it's no surprise he's taking it one step further. Even though our secondary has been bad, we haven't spent top resources on it and we have been plagued with injuries. Honestly, with their DL, he could help make them a top 5 defense by improving the secondary. He also has developed Chris Houston from a cast off into a good player. He had a 5th round rookie ready to play in a short time. Our 3rd round rookie was able to start day 1 but got injured. He also helped revive Eric Wrights career and he also made a UDFA into a half decent outside CB.


Agreed. We have a terrible terrible secondary but it was not his fault. Lack of focus on our secondary and bad pick selections have made it the worst secondary. It would have been even worse without him as a coach though. I think now that he has more to work with, it will show how good of a coach he is.

This is a great hire and a big loss for us.


Well if he can develop Trumaine Johnson and Janoris Jenkins into good players, the Rams will have the best nickel package in the league.


Ib4 Greenbay.
_________________

"Hot Pie" -House Hot Pie, All hail the King.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 43175
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
24isthelaw wrote:
YlionsY wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Jerks. He is a great coach, and will definitely help your secondary. He took a larger role this past season, so it's no surprise he's taking it one step further. Even though our secondary has been bad, we haven't spent top resources on it and we have been plagued with injuries. Honestly, with their DL, he could help make them a top 5 defense by improving the secondary. He also has developed Chris Houston from a cast off into a good player. He had a 5th round rookie ready to play in a short time. Our 3rd round rookie was able to start day 1 but got injured. He also helped revive Eric Wrights career and he also made a UDFA into a half decent outside CB.


Agreed. We have a terrible terrible secondary but it was not his fault. Lack of focus on our secondary and bad pick selections have made it the worst secondary. It would have been even worse without him as a coach though. I think now that he has more to work with, it will show how good of a coach he is.

This is a great hire and a big loss for us.


Well if he can develop Trumaine Johnson and Janoris Jenkins into good players, the Rams will have the best nickel package in the league.


Ib4 Greenbay.

The Jets have the best nickel package in the league, but that would change if Revis, Cromartie, or Wilson were traded.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group