Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rams hire Tim Walton as DC
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
green24

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject: Rams hire Tim Walton as DC Reply with quote

Adam Schefter wrote:
Rams plan to hire Lions DB coach Tim Walton as their defensive coordinator.

Interesting. The Rams were previously linked to Rob Ryan. The Lions secondary was very poor this past season.

Last edited by green24 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
I <3 Faulk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would've rather had Ryan. But, as long as we stay in the 4-3, and Fisher keeps his prints all over the D, then it should be a decent hire.

Nobody can stretch a page into oblivion like I can
Packers United

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said in the Detroit forum, the Rams have made no secret about the types of players they are targeting over the past year. Bringing in a Lions coach doesnt surprise me at all.
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packers United wrote:
Like I said in the Detroit forum, the Rams have made no secret about the types of players they are targeting over the past year. Bringing in a Lions coach doesnt surprise me at all.

Like it was said in the Detroit forum, what thugs did Walton coach?

Team Stylish

Thanks to IDOG for the sig!
GaTechRavens

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh, Pierce was better. I would have gone with him personally. Maybe Roger too, but he's a little old now.

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link?

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerks. He is a great coach, and will definitely help your secondary. He took a larger role this past season, so it's no surprise he's taking it one step further. Even though our secondary has been bad, we haven't spent top resources on it and we have been plagued with injuries. Honestly, with their DL, he could help make them a top 5 defense by improving the secondary. He also has developed Chris Houston from a cast off into a good player. He had a 5th round rookie ready to play in a short time. Our 3rd round rookie was able to start day 1 but got injured. He also helped revive Eric Wrights career and he also made a UDFA into a half decent outside CB.

CWood21 wrote:
This anti-Teddy crap is getting out of hand.

R.I.P. Stylish
YlionsY

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packers United wrote:

As in the Detroit forum as well you showed how ignorant you are about this and that you are just trolling along.

Packers United wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
Packers United wrote:
If your going out of your away to acquire thugs in the offseason you might as well get a coach with some experience in dealing with them.

Exactly what experience does he have dealing with thugs?

I just assumed that since he was in the Lions forum he was a coach of the Lions the last couple of years, if not my mistake. Never heard of him and don't want to tarnish his name if thats the case.
YlionsY

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
Jerks. He is a great coach, and will definitely help your secondary. He took a larger role this past season, so it's no surprise he's taking it one step further. Even though our secondary has been bad, we haven't spent top resources on it and we have been plagued with injuries. Honestly, with their DL, he could help make them a top 5 defense by improving the secondary. He also has developed Chris Houston from a cast off into a good player. He had a 5th round rookie ready to play in a short time. Our 3rd round rookie was able to start day 1 but got injured. He also helped revive Eric Wrights career and he also made a UDFA into a half decent outside CB.

Agreed. We have a terrible terrible secondary but it was not his fault. Lack of focus on our secondary and bad pick selections have made it the worst secondary. It would have been even worse without him as a coach though. I think now that he has more to work with, it will show how good of a coach he is.

This is a great hire and a big loss for us.
Fetaman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rams also interviewed Singletary, - Jauron, and Rob Ryan for the DC position. Out of all of those names, I am glad that the Rams chose Tim Walton. Jauron and Ryan have proven to be mediocre at best and I think Singletary would be a horrible DC. Walton is an unknown, so he might be great or he might be horrible, but I would take the potential to be great over a guy who would most assuredly be average at best.
24isthelaw

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YlionsY wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:

Agreed. We have a terrible terrible secondary but it was not his fault. Lack of focus on our secondary and bad pick selections have made it the worst secondary. It would have been even worse without him as a coach though. I think now that he has more to work with, it will show how good of a coach he is.

Well if he can develop Trumaine Johnson and Janoris Jenkins into good players, the Rams will have the best nickel package in the league.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've liked this since we were interviewing him. Fisher wanted him as Assistant DC in charge of the pass defense last year. He obviously thinks the world of the guy.

I like us going after a young, up and coming DC candidate. Walton has done a nice job of coaching up what Detroit has given him and is somewhat versed in Fisher's scheme since he worked with Schwartz.

The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
El ramster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate this move with a passion, Which means that It will end up being a great move. DET is a horrible place to get defensive help.

It's like drafting players from small schools. Hey at least were THUGGING IT UP.. RAWR!!!!

jk.

At least we have someone. We had a top 10 defense by committee last year. Can't wait to see what we accomplish. There is just so much talent that I doubt that even he can mess it up.

"Hot Pie" -House Hot Pie, All hail the King.
El ramster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

24isthelaw wrote:
YlionsY wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:

Well if he can develop Trumaine Johnson and Janoris Jenkins into good players, the Rams will have the best nickel package in the league.

Ib4 Greenbay.

"Hot Pie" -House Hot Pie, All hail the King.
green24

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
24isthelaw wrote:
YlionsY wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:

Ib4 Greenbay.

The Jets have the best nickel package in the league, but that would change if Revis, Cromartie, or Wilson were traded.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: