Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bills re-sign QB Tarvaris Jackson, Announce open competition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Open competition between Fitzpatrick, Jackson, and Nassib. Poor bills Laughing

Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gaily loved fitz, it was no surprise to any of us Bills fans when he didn't play T-Jax, and I think this is a good deal, he's a solid back-up/spot starter guy for us.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

open competition for the 3rd string spot? nice...

Its hard to believe he's already 30 years old. I remember him being a rookie like it was yesterday, and never stop rooting for him, even after showing almost nothing (heck, I've seen more from Ponder than I ever have Jackson!)

I wish him luck. Its good to know he's stuck around in the NFL.

down but not out. I still believe!
Tooki

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I respect T-Jack a ton for what he did in Seattle. He is a quality backup and he gets along well with fellow players. Good luck to him.
Malik

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
"Open Competition" sounds a whole lot like "we'll be looking for a QB in the draft" to me.

Not this draft.
theJ

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malik wrote:
theJ wrote:
"Open Competition" sounds a whole lot like "we'll be looking for a QB in the draft" to me.

Not this draft.

People keep saying that, but there will be a few rookie QB's playing extensive minutes this season. The bills are as good of a bet as anyone to make that happen.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
titanrick

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somewhere, Vince Young just put his fist through a computer screen. Assuming he hasn't already pawned his computer.

Fitzpatrick just seems to me like he will settle into being the best #2 QB in the NFL. Can't quite put my finger on it and he seems to be overqualified as a backup but just slightly lacking as a starter.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jackson isnt a terrible QB, he can be a solid starter. So is Fitzpatrick. They need to eventually get a true quality starting QB,but for now, they have two stop gaps.
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Open competition between Fitzpatrick, Jackson, and Nassib. Poor bills Laughing

Jake Locker Rolling Eyes

The Bills will try and trade Fitz and if they don't then he'll get cut before the 13th of March.

TJax ultimately will be the backup unless he somehow massively outplays the rookie.
darnell

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a Hawks fan I have tonnes of respect for TJack: tough guy, played hurt for the Hawks, good dude, well respected around the organization/city.

Bills are realizing that when TJack loses a QB job battle it results in QB gold for the team. Favre's season in Minny, Russ Wilson. We're either seeing a career year from Fiztpatrick or an OROY season from Glennon/Nassib/Barkley or Geno.
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this move is dumb.. We have to be cutting Fitz soon
kenney

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FREE VINCE YOUNG
union hawk fan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy for T Jack, he's a great guy, seemed to get along well with his team mates and he's a tough player. Would love to see him win the competition and hopefully turn his career around.
BrettFavre4

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe A.) we wanted to re-sign him and B.) Jackson actually re-signed after being pulled around by our poor coaching and management last season after he should have rightfully been dressed as the backup for a couple games and might have even gotten a look in a game. I thought he'd want to get out of this circus while he could but I guess the potential money and chance at a starting job were the best he thought he could get and settled on staying. I hope he does well though. He obviously has the guts to stick with us and I thought he was very professional about not playing last season. Didn't complain once despite wanting to play and being pulled into the mess that is the Buffalo Bills and I felt bad for the guy.

I for one don't think Fitzpatrick will be cut and we'll go into camp with him, Jackson, and a rookie competing but I could be wrong. However, if we draft a rookie in the first couple rounds, will he really be #3? Doubt it. Maybe if it was a late pick like Levi Brown, then yeah, but the Bills should draft one early and if he doesn't win the job, the rookie should be the backup. So, where does that leave Fitzpatrick/Jackson? Neither of them will be #3 so you'd have to assume we release whoever looks worse. So, I wouldn't be surprised if Jackson is released at some point and doesn't make the 53-man roster, although I'm hoping for him. I'll be surprised if Fitz is released though.

Jackson's not terrible. Mobile, has somewhat of an arm, and will make plays with his feet but his decision-making is questionable. That's where he gets into trouble. Very similar to Vince Young, which is why I wonder why we didn't just keep him in the first place instead of trading for Jackson but I think Young's a bit better. Better arm IMO but accuracy and decision-making is poor for both of them.
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrettFavre4 wrote:
I can't believe A.) we wanted to re-sign him and B.) Jackson actually re-signed after being pulled around by our poor coaching and management last season after he should have rightfully been dressed as the backup for a couple games and might have even gotten a look in a game. I thought he'd want to get out of this circus while he could but I guess the potential money and chance at a starting job were the best he thought he could get and settled on staying. I hope he does well though. He obviously has the guts to stick with us and I thought he was very professional about not playing last season. Didn't complain once despite wanting to play and being pulled into the mess that is the Buffalo Bills and I felt bad for the guy.

I for one don't think Fitzpatrick will be cut and we'll go into camp with him, Jackson, and a rookie competing but I could be wrong. However, if we draft a rookie in the first couple rounds, will he really be #3? Doubt it. Maybe if it was a late pick like Levi Brown, then yeah, but the Bills should draft one early and if he doesn't win the job, the rookie should be the backup. So, where does that leave Fitzpatrick/Jackson? Neither of them will be #3 so you'd have to assume we release whoever looks worse. So, I wouldn't be surprised if Jackson is released at some point and doesn't make the 53-man roster, although I'm hoping for him. I'll be surprised if Fitz is released though.

Jackson's not terrible. Mobile, has somewhat of an arm, and will make plays with his feet but his decision-making is questionable. That's where he gets into trouble. Very similar to Vince Young, which is why I wonder why we didn't just keep him in the first place instead of trading for Jackson but I think Young's a bit better. Better arm IMO but accuracy and decision-making is poor for both of them.

Assuming we draft a QB in the first two rounds, I expect the winner of the "competition" to be the rookie's backup. I still believe Fitz may be cut before the March 13th date, I also think they are trying to trade him right now for a 6th or 7th.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: