Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chill's simulation mock draft (a different way of mocking)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
sadjag


Joined: 02 Mar 2012
Posts: 1102
Location: jax
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many people on here believe Mingo would be the best fit for our scheme. Good Job
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vikingsrule


Moderator
Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Posts: 47473
Location: Land of 10,000 Lakes!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DE makes no sense for the Vikings, even if Allen is 31. Its not the time to add youth the position (we have Everson Griffen and D'Aundre Reed as well). The Vikes simply have too many needs at MLB, WR and S that need to be addressed before DE needs to be. Id put DE as a 2014 need.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LuckyNumber11


Joined: 01 Aug 2011
Posts: 4874
Location: Nebraska
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh God gag me with a spoon 60% that the Cards select Nassib. You got one number right and that is 0%. Nassib's not even a top 5 QB in this draft
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nobody


Joined: 02 Aug 2012
Posts: 2011
Location: Final Four and counting!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fluker, Jessie Williams, and John Jenkins shouldn't even be listed, especially not as high as you have them.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ttitansfan4life


Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 23942
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chance Warmack should be 0% for the Titans. It's not happening. Name the last time the Titans selected an O-Lineman in the 1st, especially an interior lineman. The Titans have always drafted mid round prospects and coached them up. (Michael Roos, David Stewart, LeRoy Harris, Eugene Amano, Justin Hartwig, Jacob Bell, etc.) Sheldon Richardson was your highest percentage and should be the pick.
_________________
Adopt-A-Titan:
Chance Warmack
Karl Klug
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
chillparsi1


Joined: 04 Oct 2005
Posts: 5706
Location: USC
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
Not huge fan for DET. They are reaching on a guy that has a ceiling of good starter instead of getting an impact guy that is All-Pro potential.
Fair enough, forgot Mayhew will go for a real good value regardless of need. Detroit fans care to weigh in who should have higher percentages? Maybe Werner? Maybe even Fisher (move Reiff over to RT and have the bookends set)?

jerseyboy257 wrote:
This is an awesome idea, but I don't like the % at all, at least for the Giants. To me, it would be more like

Dion Jordan 65%, Xavier Rhodes 10%, Johnathon Cooper 5%, Manti Te'o 5%, Arthur Brown 5% Jonathon Banks 5% Alec Ogletree 5%

Really see another pass-rusher as that likely? Even if they are ultra-talented? I'm not saying you're wrong it's just surprising.

vikingsrule wrote:
DE makes no sense for the Vikings, even if Allen is 31. Its not the time to add youth the position (we have Everson Griffen and D'Aundre Reed as well). The Vikes simply have too many needs at MLB, WR and S that need to be addressed before DE needs to be. Id put DE as a 2014 need.
The pick had as much to do with just how great Jordan can be as it does with need. Griffen will inevitably fall on his face...kid is lazy and kinda selfish - he's one of my lease favorite Trojans ever for a reason. MLB WR and S may be needs but are there any prospects there with even close to Dion's caliber? I can fathom paring the percentage a bit but I'm not sold he wouldn't be a very good chance there. You don't want to wait until Allen hits the wall to find a pass rush.

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Chance Warmack should be 0% for the Titans. It's not happening. Name the last time the Titans selected an O-Lineman in the 1st, especially an interior lineman. The Titans have always drafted mid round prospects and coached them up. (Michael Roos, David Stewart, LeRoy Harris, Eugene Amano, Justin Hartwig, Jacob Bell, etc.) Sheldon Richardson was your highest percentage and should be the pick.

Weren't all those picks under a different regime though? Different GM and HC could mean they break the trend doesn't it? Who else besides Richardson and wamack would you have?
_________________

Stone65 with the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jerseyboy257


Joined: 21 Apr 2012
Posts: 558
Location: Northern Jersey
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chillparsi1 wrote:

jerseyboy257 wrote:
This is an awesome idea, but I don't like the % at all, at least for the Giants. To me, it would be more like

Dion Jordan 65%, Xavier Rhodes 10%, Johnathon Cooper 5%, Manti Te'o 5%, Arthur Brown 5% Jonathon Banks 5% Alec Ogletree 5%

Really see another pass-rusher as that likely? Even if they are ultra-talented? I'm not saying you're wrong it's just surprising.


Well there's a few things to keep in mind with the Giants front office.
1. They don't trade up
2. Instead, they rather sit back and take the best player available on their board when it's their time to draft
3. No matter how much we want them to, they don't prioritize LBers in the first round (nearly 30 years)

I don't like Ogletree, because although he's fast, he does have tackling concerns and if we're drafting an ILB, he better be able to stop the run and not mess up. I'd much rather love to have Arthur Brown on board, but once again, linebackers really aren't worth a first round in Reese's eyes. I see the pick being used on our defensive line as our pass rush wasn't as effective this year as in recent years, and was a large part of defensive failure (as well as the multiple secondary injuries).

But the reason I had Dion Jordan at 65% is because I believe he is a top 15 talent now who will improve his stock with his athleticism at the combine and can go as early as pick six to the browns. I think that kind of talent will be hard to pass on.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chillparsi1


Joined: 04 Oct 2005
Posts: 5706
Location: USC
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerseyboy257 wrote:
chillparsi1 wrote:

jerseyboy257 wrote:
This is an awesome idea, but I don't like the % at all, at least for the Giants. To me, it would be more like

Dion Jordan 65%, Xavier Rhodes 10%, Johnathon Cooper 5%, Manti Te'o 5%, Arthur Brown 5% Jonathon Banks 5% Alec Ogletree 5%

Really see another pass-rusher as that likely? Even if they are ultra-talented? I'm not saying you're wrong it's just surprising.


Well there's a few things to keep in mind with the Giants front office.
1. They don't trade up
2. Instead, they rather sit back and take the best player available on their board when it's their time to draft
3. No matter how much we want them to, they don't prioritize LBers in the first round (nearly 30 years)

I don't like Ogletree, because although he's fast, he does have tackling concerns and if we're drafting an ILB, he better be able to stop the run and not mess up. I'd much rather love to have Arthur Brown on board, but once again, linebackers really aren't worth a first round in Reese's eyes. I see the pick being used on our defensive line as our pass rush wasn't as effective this year as in recent years, and was a large part of defensive failure (as well as the multiple secondary injuries).

But the reason I had Dion Jordan at 65% is because I believe he is a top 15 talent now who will improve his stock with his athleticism at the combine and can go as early as pick six to the browns. I think that kind of talent will be hard to pass on.

Makes good sense, thanks for the feedback! If he's sitting there next time I do this, I'll definitely bump him up
_________________

Stone65 with the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FalconFan13


Joined: 06 Jan 2007
Posts: 9749
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a good pick for the falcons in general. One that most will like.

With that said i fully disagree with the TE potential doubling if Gonzo leaves. I still don't think most falcon fans believe TE is a 1st round choice with it not being as big of a need as a D-lineman would be.

Our offense can survive easily without a new TE even with chase coffman and michael palmer. A mid round TE is the strength of this class and their almost if not as good as the top 2. Harry Douglas could also just get a bigger share of the passes thrown to help make up for gonzo's production now that he could and would be the legit #3 for us.

Also don't see why you left off John Jenkins and Arthur Brown as possibilities for the Falcons. Both are players we could easily be targeting that would help us tremendously even more so than TE.
_________________
2010 and 2013
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AZ_Eaglesfan


Joined: 03 Jan 2013
Posts: 5469
Location: Arizona
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that Dion Jordan dropped into the 20's is insane. He is easily a top 10 talent, and I would love to see the Eagles take him, anywhere they can get him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Barndog


Joined: 02 Feb 2012
Posts: 31
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: Chill's simulation mock draft (a different way of mockin Reply with quote

chillparsi1 wrote:
The chillparsi1 probabilities mock

2Cool Denver Broncos Ė Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida St (18%)
Jesse Williams (20%), John Jenkins (20%), Jonathan Banks (10%), Desmond Trufant (10%), Sylvester Williams (10%), Tyler Eifert (5%), Zach Ertz (5%), Luther Brown (2%)
*They already have Tamme and Green as the pass catching TEs, didnít think Ertz/Eifert would be too likely here.



Denver will not pick a TE - Tamme and Dressen are solid starters and as you say Green is our nice development player. Eddie Lacy is an outside possibility (or whoever is the top rated RB). McGahee is getting older and Moreno still has issues and Hillman is a scat back - couldn't take a full season pounding.

Denver should be looking at DTs - N&U and LDE. Wolfe should be moved inside, while he role throughout the season was more run support than pass rush he would be better inside moving the pocket. He had 3 sacks from inside positions and 3 from outside this year, pushing him inside will increase the Denver pass pressure. Moving Wolfe requires a new LDE strong in run defense but able to attack the QB. A pocket moving UT is also a good choice as well as a solid space eater.

Jesse Williams (15%)
John Jenkins (15%)
Xavier Rhodes (15%)
Alex Okafor (12%)
Sam Montgomery (12%)
Sylvester Williams (10%)
Kawann Short (10%)
Desmond Trufant (8%)
Eddie Lacy (3%)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CriminalMind


Joined: 25 Aug 2011
Posts: 4753
Location: Toronto, CA
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chillparsi1 wrote:

vikingsrule wrote:
DE makes no sense for the Vikings, even if Allen is 31. Its not the time to add youth the position (we have Everson Griffen and D'Aundre Reed as well). The Vikes simply have too many needs at MLB, WR and S that need to be addressed before DE needs to be. Id put DE as a 2014 need.


The pick had as much to do with just how great Jordan can be as it does with need. Griffen will inevitably fall on his face...kid is lazy and kinda selfish - he's one of my lease favorite Trojans ever for a reason. MLB WR and S may be needs but are there any prospects there with even close to Dion's caliber? I can fathom paring the percentage a bit but I'm not sold he wouldn't be a very good chance there. You don't want to wait until Allen hits the wall to find a pass rush.


Its one thing to advocate that Dion would be great value in a selection at pick #23, but to insinuate that Everson Griffen is going to fail soon enough, when he has done everything coaches have asked of him whether its try out LB or play DE or play DT, is crazy. He dropped to Round 4 due to his attitude at USC, but that attitude has changed, and he is becoming an excellent versatille young player.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hargreaves2326


Joined: 08 Feb 2009
Posts: 405
Location: Rochester, New York
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can did it Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
ttitansfan4life


Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 23942
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chillparsi1 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Chance Warmack should be 0% for the Titans. It's not happening. Name the last time the Titans selected an O-Lineman in the 1st, especially an interior lineman. The Titans have always drafted mid round prospects and coached them up. (Michael Roos, David Stewart, LeRoy Harris, Eugene Amano, Justin Hartwig, Jacob Bell, etc.) Sheldon Richardson was your highest percentage and should be the pick.
Weren't all those picks under a different regime though? Different GM and HC could mean they break the trend doesn't it? Who else besides Richardson and wamack would you have?


That doesn't really matter because the fact of the matter is, the reason we didn't draft them high was because we had the best O-Line coach in football in Munchak. Now he's the HC and he damn sure wont be throwing away a top 10 pick on a OG with holes at DT, S, and depth everywhere. Others I'd like would be Ansah, Moore, Floyd, and Patterson.
_________________
Adopt-A-Titan:
Chance Warmack
Karl Klug
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Walshy


Joined: 10 Jan 2013
Posts: 1127
Location: Connecticut
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please do round 2 and 3.
_________________

Adopt-Bear:Jon Bostic Tackles: 56 INT:1 Sack:1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group