Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mid Draft Season Mock pt II *Combine*
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ctpatsfan77

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Mid Draft Season Mock pt II *Combine* Reply with quote

BrownLeader wrote:
sup.

22. TRADE New England Patriots (STL)- Tavon Austin /WR-RB/ West Virginia:
Painfully clear watching the Patriots playoff loss that Welker is finished with this team and the WRs are lacking. I think BB starts a new trend and again trades up for a guy that can help right away. NFL comp. (taller) Darren Sproles

29. New England Patriots – Jonathan Hankins* /DT/ Ohio State:
First round talent but questionable motor and poor game tape plus the quality defensive line depth in this draft should have his stock dropping. NFL Comp. Shaun Rogers

6. TRADE New England Patriots (CLE) – Robert Woods* /WR/ USC:
It’s time for BB to cash in Ryan Mallett. Lombardi is on record numerous times in 11’ stating he thought Mallett was a sure first round talent. His supposed biggest flaws, leadership and character, look smaller now after toiling behind HOFers for a couple seasons. Browns give up their 13’ 3rd and a conditional 14’ 2nd for the big armed back up. I'll also mention I'm toying with the idea they'll trade Weeden and a 3rd instead. Thoughts? Woods is now the forgotten guy with Lee breaking out. What I like most is his toughness. Concerns about his nagging foot injury could cause him to slip. NFL comp. Lance Moore

OK. . . . slightly better, but I'm still having difficulty seeing the Pats trade up for Austin, AND I still have trouble seeing the Pats take Woods; they just don't seem to have much respect for the system there.

ETA: Oh, yeah, I don't see the Patriots having much interest in Weeden.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand it is a con 2 rd. but Cleveland has already stated they are not going after Mallet and if Mallet started some games like Cassel for example started the entire season and only got them a 2nd round pick what makes anyone think a guy who hasn't started a single game is worth as much. If Cleveland thinks Mallet is the guy, then offer them a 3 or 4 and if they don't like it move on. I think Weeden has as much upside and less off field issues then Mallet the only difference between the two are age. If Weeden was Mallets age this wouldn't even be a discussion.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUMP - Updated with major changes and a 5th round added.

Pre-Draft 2013 Mock *FULL DRAFT* http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=521213&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: