Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Patriots release WR Brandon Lloyd; Prevents $3M bonus
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FirstDownFaulk

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmvoss wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Remember when he was going to put up career highs with Brady and being back in McDaniels offense?

Remember when the Ravens were going to win the Super Bowl EVERY season ? Laughing

Maybe if the Ravens didn't win last month that retort could've had a chance of being effective. Laughing

While we're bringing up old predictions and assumptions, what happened to your crusade with the deer antler spray? Laughing

Anyways, I wouldn't be too bummed out from this release if I were a Pat's fan. He will be more effective as a short-term solution to a bunch of other teams.

So pointing out the fact that he was right ONCE in a decade isn't an effective retort ?? My point is that everyone is right once in awhile, but mostly wrong when letting their hearts do the prognosticating.

DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FirstDownFaulk wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Remember when he was going to put up career highs with Brady and being back in McDaniels offense?

Remember when the Ravens were going to win the Super Bowl EVERY season ? Laughing

Remember when the Patriots were? Then remember when the Ravens actually did it?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

Still doesn't deflect from the fact that you pick them EVERY year. I'll take 3-2 over 1-0 in the last 12 seasons....thanks though Laughing Laughing

DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FirstDownFaulk wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

Still doesn't deflect from the fact that you pick them EVERY year. I'll take 3-2 over 1-0 in the last 12 seasons....thanks though Laughing Laughing

I'll take being world champs over not having won in 9 years. Do you realize how long that is? Kids who were in kindergarten the last time the Patriots won a ring are almost in high school now. And why stop at 12 and not go ONE more season? Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmvoss wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

Maybe if the Ravens didn't win last month that retort could've had a chance of being effective. Laughing

While we're bringing up old predictions and assumptions, what happened to your crusade with the deer antler spray? Laughing

Anyways, I wouldn't be too bummed out from this release if I were a Pat's fan. He will be more effective as a short-term solution to a bunch of other teams.

I am bummed about it , I don't understand it at all. There is nobody out there that is going to give the pats 900 yards for 3 mill
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

Hey now.

Lloyd sucked. Outside one random mega game, he did diddly squat & personally cost us a loss early in the season. I didnt expect all pro numbers or something, but he was crap.

He would be a great #2 or #3 option somewhere, but a number guy he is not.
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Archimedes wrote:
Bond_007x wrote:
Come back to the Rams Lloyd. You know you wanna!

He's from the KC area! I'm sure it's his dream to come play for the Chiefs!
what WR would want to go from Brady to Alex Smith as their QB? I think Lloyd didn't like Alex when he was a Niner.

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
patman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

Hey now.

Lloyd sucked. Outside one random mega game, he did diddly squat & personally cost us a loss early in the season. I didnt expect all pro numbers or something, but he was crap.

No he did not suck, and a lot of other players lost us games. Was he as good as we hooped he would be no, but he got paid 2.5 mill dollars for his production and you think he sucked. I think Brady took to long to trust him.
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropped way more passes then expected, its easy to lose your QBs trust.

Never forget his week 1 drop - fake reverse BOMB - lloyd 10 yards behind everyone, Brady throws perfect pass leading him into the end zone - Lloyd spines - going backwards - totally misjudging the pass,which bounces off his hands. Should have been an easy 50 yard touchdown.
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
Gridirongreat#9

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
Archimedes wrote:
Bond_007x wrote:
Come back to the Rams Lloyd. You know you wanna!

He's from the KC area! I'm sure it's his dream to come play for the Chiefs!
what WR would want to go from Brady to Alex Smith as their QB? I think Lloyd didn't like Alex when he was a Niner.

Whats this thing with you and Alex Smith? I have never seen someone so [inappropriate/removed] when it comes to someone they dont even know.

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
I wish the friends of some girls I've talked to at bars/clubs were this bad at blocking.
nextsuperstar

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patman wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

Hey now.

No he did not suck, and a lot of other players lost us games. Was he as good as we hooped he would be no, but he got paid 2.5 mill dollars for his production and you think he sucked. I think Brady took to long to trust him.

He was targeted 131 times. That is plenty of trust. He simply was not productive with those 131 targets. If the patriots give anyone 131 targets in 2013, I expect better numbers than Lloyd produced. Remember, it was not like Brady was forcing the ball to Lloyd in double coverage a lot, Gronk and Welker both demanded more attention for opposing defenses, which should have opened things up for Lloyd.
Archimedes

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:

A) Unless he goes to GB, Den, or NO, he's going to have a qb vastly inferior to Brady throwing him the ball anyway. Plus, Reid loves to sling it around.

B) They only played together for Alex's rookie year. I highly doubt he formed a forever opinion of him based on that one season.

C) He had his biggest season with Kyle Orton throwing to him, who's not as good as Alex.
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like the Texans to take a 1 year flyer on the guy. Plant him opposite Andre Johnson, let whatever rookie WR work the slot.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
patman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
Dropped way more passes then expected, its easy to lose your QBs trust.

Never forget his week 1 drop - fake reverse BOMB - lloyd 10 yards behind everyone, Brady throws perfect pass leading him into the end zone - Lloyd spines - going backwards - totally misjudging the pass,which bounces off his hands. Should have been an easy 50 yard touchdown.

So you don't trust a 10 year vet because, he dropped a ball. I rather have him than any other Wr on this roster. .
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When they first signed Lloyd last year I thought he was going to make a pretty big impact with Brady throwing him the ball. But, it just didn't work out as they had hoped. I wish him the best going forward. He should latch on somewhere.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: