Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jets actively shopping CB Darrelle Revis; Bucs interested
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleedin_Green36 wrote:
If the Jets want a 1st, I guess that takes Philly out of the equation. No way they give up 4.

Why? Is it his injury?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
Bleedin_Green36 wrote:
If the Jets want a 1st, I guess that takes Philly out of the equation. No way they give up 4.

Why? Is it his injury?

His injury, age and contract demands. Don't think we would even give up our 2nd, or at least I hope not.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Revis is traded, this deal is definitely going to set some sort of market for any team involved. Not saying that the value can't go up or down, but I would think the Jets would be requesting a starting point of a 1st and a 2014 draft pick. Maybe the Jets take a 2nd and a package, but if that's the case I'm almost positive they'd require a conditional draft pick in 2014.

Both players will be seeking $12 million or more annually. Yes
Both players coming off an injury. Yes
Both players are elite athletes in the prime of their career. Yes

Now it's easy to argue the nitty gritty stuff, like "oh well Percy is 3 years younger" or "Revis is less of a head ache", but the truth is both players are elite talents in this league that have AT MINIMUM 5 years of dominant play left (and no, you can't convince me that Revis will decline because his game is more about the mental and technical side, not the physicals).

The one thing that makes me believe Revis should be worth more: he's dominated for a longer time and more consistently then Harvin has. No doubt Revis has been playing for 2 more years then Percy, but Revis has been elite since about week 8 of his rookie year and hasn't looked back. The quarterback has a lot more to do with Harvin's success so you can't discredit him, but I believe Harvin truly took that step last year (2011), and won't look back.

To say the least, the trade market should be interesting to follow over the next few weeks
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetskid007 wrote:

This is what I'm waiting to see in the Harvin trade. Money being equal, Revis is definitely worth more than Harvin and I've been on the Harvin bandwagon since the UF days.

My prediction though is still Harvin gets around $10m per season and Revis demanding at least $15m per season. $5m difference is a huge.

Of course watch Harvin sign for $12-$13m now that I've said that... Laughing
Frank Costello

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Eagles just need to quit, this is sad.

All the money you brought in at that position and you're trying to trade for another high end CB and or draft one high? LOLZLOLZLOLZ
YoungBucs15

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
BBando wrote:
green24 wrote:
YoungBucs15 wrote:
I would also probably see a conditional pick next year as well. How does a RB not make sense for the Jets, while he has been hit or miss, who do you have on the roster right now that's better than him? And Revis' health to me isn't the huge stopping point, it's the contract he wants. No one is going to magically clear tons of cap to pay him next year or risk him holding out and going through what the Jets are doing right now. They need to be able to give him his contract when traded and that right cuts more than half the league from even going after Revis.

Bilal Powell is easily better than Blount.
In what galaxy is this?

Blount is a power back that runs with no power. See: Malcolm Jenkins and the Saints stuffing him at the goal line 4 runs in a row.

While i agree that he is not a "true" power back in the sense that he can get his power within the handoff, however if he gets going he becomes harder to bring down. Just ask the Packers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_mayV_AFMI

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
jetskid007 wrote:

This is what I'm waiting to see in the Harvin trade. Money being equal, Revis is definitely worth more than Harvin and I've been on the Harvin bandwagon since the UF days.

My prediction though is still Harvin gets around $10m per season and Revis demanding at least $15m per season. $5m difference is a huge.

I hear you. Rumors will be rumors I guess we just have to wait and see, but people around the league here he wants Larry Fitz-Calvin Johnson money (which is absurd). And don't get me wrong, I'm a Jets fan but since the Florida days Percy Harvin's easily been one of my favorite players to watch.

I shed a tear when the Jets were rumored to be executing another trade up in the 1st for Harvin (just kidding, but not really). Reports suggest they offered as much as their 3rd, 4th, and 2010 1st at the time, but the Browns ultimately decided to take Alex Mack. The very next pick Minnesota took him. Oh what could have been.
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YoungBucs15 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
BBando wrote:
green24 wrote:
YoungBucs15 wrote:
I would also probably see a conditional pick next year as well. How does a RB not make sense for the Jets, while he has been hit or miss, who do you have on the roster right now that's better than him? And Revis' health to me isn't the huge stopping point, it's the contract he wants. No one is going to magically clear tons of cap to pay him next year or risk him holding out and going through what the Jets are doing right now. They need to be able to give him his contract when traded and that right cuts more than half the league from even going after Revis.

In what galaxy is this?

Blount is a power back that runs with no power. See: Malcolm Jenkins and the Saints stuffing him at the goal line 4 runs in a row.

While i agree that he is not a "true" power back in the sense that he can get his power within the handoff, however if he gets going he becomes harder to bring down. Just ask the Packers.

Have you seen Bilal Powell play?
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetskid007 wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
jetskid007 wrote:

I hear you. Rumors will be rumors I guess we just have to wait and see, but people around the league here he wants Larry Fitz-Calvin Johnson money (which is absurd). And don't get me wrong, I'm a Jets fan but since the Florida days Percy Harvin's easily been one of my favorite players to watch.

I shed a tear when the Jets were rumored to be executing another trade up in the 1st for Harvin (just kidding, but not really). Reports suggest they offered as much as their 3rd, 4th, and 2010 1st at the time, but the Browns ultimately decided to take Alex Mack. The very next pick Minnesota took him. Oh what could have been.

The reason I'm skeptical of their salaries being similar (with their impending new contracts) is because Revis right now averages $11.5m per year whereas Harvin is averaging $2.41m per season.

They can both ask for $15m per season, but the guy making $2.41m per season is much more inclined to take less than that...

Last edited by TheVillain112 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
YoungBucs15

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
YoungBucs15 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
BBando wrote:
green24 wrote:
YoungBucs15 wrote:

In what galaxy is this?

Didn't catch him on the Jets as much as I did when he was at Louisville. I don't think there is anything wrong and he probably does suit your style of offense a little better, since he has better hands. Blount showed that when he gets he carries that he actually played well. Martin just is much better than him and is more of the type of back that Schiano prefers. I don't think Blount would be a starter on the Jets but he would be a decent backup in NY and with a very team friendly contract.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
Imarobot wrote:
So an injury prone wide receiver who's not even in the top 5 at his position and is also demanding a mega deal just got traded for a first round pick. Looks like its about time everyone wised up to Revis' real value.

True but that trade is contingent on a new contract. Let's wait to see the numbers before jumping to any conclusion. I think in the end Harvin will get a contract closer to $10m per season, while Revis is looking for what $15-$16m per season?

Harvin is looking for Fitzgerald or Johnson money, which puts him around $15M. Of course, he's not going to get that. In reality he should get around $7-9M.

Revis is asking for around $15-16M, but will probably sign for around $12-13 when all is said and done.
Broncos_OTM

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetskid007 wrote:
If Revis is traded, this deal is definitely going to set some sort of market for any team involved. Not saying that the value can't go up or down, but I would think the Jets would be requesting a starting point of a 1st and a 2014 draft pick. Maybe the Jets take a 2nd and a package, but if that's the case I'm almost positive they'd require a conditional draft pick in 2014.

Both players coming off an injury. Yes
Both players are elite athletes in the prime of their career. Yes

Now it's easy to argue the nitty gritty stuff, like "oh well Percy is 3 years younger" or "Revis is less of a head ache", but the truth is both players are elite talents in this league that have AT MINIMUM 5 years of dominant play left (and no, you can't convince me that Revis will decline because his game is more about the mental and technical side, not the physicals).

The one thing that makes me believe Revis should be worth more: he's dominated for a longer time and more consistently then Harvin has. No doubt Revis has been playing for 2 more years then Percy, but Revis has been elite since about week 8 of his rookie year and hasn't looked back. The quarterback has a lot more to do with Harvin's success so you can't discredit him, but I believe Harvin truly took that step last year (2011), and won't look back.

To say the least, the trade market should be interesting to follow over the next few weeks
the no francbise optio. Kills his value unless he.ca. Rework the.deal
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YoungBucs15 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
YoungBucs15 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
BBando wrote:
green24 wrote:
YoungBucs15 wrote:

In what galaxy is this?

Didn't catch him on the Jets as much as I did when he was at Louisville. I don't think there is anything wrong and he probably does suit your style of offense a little better, since he has better hands. Blount showed that when he gets he carries that he actually played well. Martin just is much better than him and is more of the type of back that Schiano prefers. I don't think Blount would be a starter on the Jets but he would be a decent backup in NY and with a very team friendly contract.
Bilal showed flashes last year and will only get better. As a backup, we'd be better off with Joey Mcknight considering he's perfect for the WCO and will improve tremendously under Marty's system. With that said, I think the Jets will draft another RB on top of that. I know you say that he has a friendly contract, but when we have one of the worst cap situations in the league, a backup rb who doesn't bring much to our system at 1.75 mil per year, is not our best option.
green24

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PFT wrote:
A league source tells PFT that the Jets have an offer on the table for Revis. Per the source, the offer is a “good” one, both as to the compensation given to the team and the financial package that would be extended to Revis.

I wonder how good this offer is and who it is from.
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
PFT wrote:
A league source tells PFT that the Jets have an offer on the table for Revis. Per the source, the offer is a “good” one, both as to the compensation given to the team and the financial package that would be extended to Revis.

I wonder how good this offer is and who it is from.
Realistically, it has to a be a team with a ton of cap room. Two teams come to mind: Bucs and Colts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 14 of 16

Jump to: