Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

49ers trade QB Alex Smith to Chiefs for 2nd rounder, another
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
Chiefer wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
Chiefer wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:

This is a coach who had an elite back in Shady and a promising guy in Bryce Brown, yet refused to run the ball, instead throwing 35+ times a game with the corpse of Michael Vick. I can't stress this enough, Andy Reid doesn't run the football with any sort of consistency.

Fun fact, Shady averaged only one rush less per game last year in comparison to Jamaal Charles.

Charles will still do well in this offense and accumulate a good amount of yards. Its what he does.

I get the optimism with Reid given the coaches in KC the last decade plus. I get it. However let's see what tune you and other Chief supporters say when it's 3rd/4th and 1 and instead of giving it to your prized stud RB they call 40 yr bombs instead going three in out. Shady's numbers are not indicative of the flaw approach AR has with his ratios. Most of those rush attempts came in bunches or one drive or at the end of a game after being ignored and abandon for much of the first half. When Alex Smith is throwing 40+ times in a loss and your RB is averaging over 6 use a carry on 12 carries, come post in this thread again and tell me Charles will be alright, please. What Jamaal does have in his favor is the ability to catch out of the backfield. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if he comes close to 75-80 next season. That is a Andy Reid led offense. Pass to get ahead ,run to seal the game. No inbetween. Mind you I say this as one of his biggest supporters over the years in the eagles forum. Good luck.

1)Charles isnt really a short yardage runner, and I'd love to see some bombs I haven't seen a bomb on 3rd and short in KC for years
2) Don't know about Shady but Charles can take it to the house on any snap, whether that's one carry, 12, or 20. That is what Jamaal has in his favor over anything else.
3) Jamaal will actually get passes his way? Awesome
4) And the chiefs will have a different offensive approach the. What they've had for years? Sweet.

So yeah it's all good to me bro think Jamaal will be just fine.

I'd expect Charles to get 65+ targets with Alex.

As far as the 3rd down bombs, don't expect many from Alex. He's not one to just lob it down.

His ability plays no factor in what Andy Reid will call which was the point I was trying to convey. He use to call the same things with A.J Feeley, Koy Detmer, Jeff Garcia, Kevin Kolb, Mike Kafka and Nick Foles instead of force feeding two Beasts in Westbrook and McCoy It's that flawed philosophy and stubbornness to prove to the World "His system will win a SB" that will ,like in Philly be their downfall and especially Smith's. Andy Reid did not bring Smith in to babysit and game manage like Harbaugh in SF, believe that.

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 10 Gm/ 57 Rec/ 921 Yds/ 9 TD/ 16.2 YPC/
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
Chiefer wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:

This is a coach who had an elite back in Shady and a promising guy in Bryce Brown, yet refused to run the ball, instead throwing 35+ times a game with the corpse of Michael Vick. I can't stress this enough, Andy Reid doesn't run the football with any sort of consistency.

Fun fact, Shady averaged only one rush less per game last year in comparison to Jamaal Charles.

Charles will still do well in this offense and accumulate a good amount of yards. Its what he does.

I get the optimism with Reid given the coaches in KC the last decade plus. I get it. However let's see what tune you and other Chief supporters say when it's 3rd/4th and 1 and instead of giving it to your prized stud RB they call 40 yr bombs instead going three in out. Shady's numbers are not indicative of the flaw approach AR has with his ratios. Most of those rush attempts came in bunches or one drive or at the end of a game after being ignored and abandon for much of the first half. When Alex Smith is throwing 40+ times in a loss and your RB is averaging over 6 use a carry on 12 carries, come post in this thread again and tell me Charles will be alright, please. What Jamaal does have in his favor is the ability to catch out of the backfield. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if he comes close to 75-80 next season. That is a Andy Reid led offense. Pass to get ahead ,run to seal the game. No inbetween. Mind you I say this as one of his biggest supporters over the years in the eagles forum. Good luck.

1)Charles isnt really a short yardage runner, and I'd love to see some bombs I haven't seen a bomb on 3rd and short in KC for years
2) Don't know about Shady but Charles can take it to the house on any snap, whether that's one carry, 12, or 20. That is what Jamaal has in his favor over anything else.
3) Jamaal will actually get passes his way? Awesome
4) And the chiefs will have a different offensive approach the. What they've had for years? Sweet.

So yeah it's all good to me bro think Jamaal will be just fine.

The Chiefs were 2-14 and still ran the football 87 more times. In additon, Charles had more 30 carry games last season than McCoy has his entire career.
Chiefer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:

The Chiefs were 2-14 and still ran the football 87 more times. In additon, Charles had more 30 carry games last season than McCoy has his entire career.

They used those carries on washed up Hillis, since Reid only likes on RB I'm not worried about that.

And those sort of games were sporadic at best and I didn't like it when they used him like that. He's not a big back he shouldn't be getting 30 carries a game, Reid was much more consistent in using McCoy in steady amount of carries on a per game basis. Chiefs would give the ball to Charles for 30 carries, then the next game 5.
TD: 0
simonwayne

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not worried about Charles at all. He's the best low volume runner in the history of the league.
texans_uk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

x0x wrote:
MightyMouse07 wrote:

Real question. Why do you hate the cowboys and Romo so much? Romo is without a doubt better than Alex Smith.

Are you also going to cite my statements on Aikman as a Cowboys hater?

Romo doesn't win when he needs to. Yes, his team has let him down, specifically his defense against the Ravens a few years back when they let those back to back long TD runs, but at the end of the day the man underperforms when it matters.

Alex Smith has just as many playoff victories as Romo. I don't see how Romo gives any team a better chance to win than Smith at this point.

Because he is a better QB?

Selkiesxx

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is 2013 and we still cannot grasp that Tony Romo is a great QB.

Wow...

@BodamEscapePlan (Twitter)
TomRalph

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Selkiesxx wrote:
it is 2013 and we still cannot grasp that Tony Romo is a great regular season QB.

Wow...

FIFY

Adopt-a-Patriot '14: Danny Amendola
Catches: 4
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
Quote:
A third- or second-rounder from Kansas City, the remnant of the Alex Smith deal. Now it can be told: The second draft choice San Francisco will receive from the Smith deal will be K.C.'s second-rounder in 2014 if the Chiefs go 8-8 or better this season. It will be a third-rounder in 2014 if Kansas City is under .500 this season.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130506/rookie-minicamps-peter-king-monday-morning-quarterback/?sct=uk_wr_a1
Tom Brady Tribute
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomRalph wrote:
Selkiesxx wrote:
it is 2013 and we still cannot grasp that Tony Romo is a good regular season QB.

Wow...

FIFY

Wink
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
***Update***
Quote:
A third- or second-rounder from Kansas City, the remnant of the Alex Smith deal. Now it can be told: The second draft choice San Francisco will receive from the Smith deal will be K.C.'s second-rounder in 2014 if the Chiefs go 8-8 or better this season. It will be a third-rounder in 2014 if Kansas City is under .500 this season.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130506/rookie-minicamps-peter-king-monday-morning-quarterback/?sct=uk_wr_a1

Interesting.

If they perform well, I guess they think it was worth 2 2nds. Though I believe they overpaid.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
***Update***
Quote:

Interesting.

If they perform well, I guess they think it was worth 2 2nds. Though I believe they overpaid.
I'll be rooting for 8-8 then. I think they overpaid too, but we deserve something back for all the crap years Alex gave us.

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
Alpha

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

8-8? poor Chiefs' fans

If no one would have traded for Alex Smith, imo we would have cut him/restructured because of salary. But i doubt that Alex Smith would have wanted to restructure because he was asking to be cut.

1st and Gore
TomRalph

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A 2nd and AT LEAST a 3rd for Alex Smith?!

Right, that's it. I'm callin' the cops.

Adopt-a-Patriot '14: Danny Amendola
Catches: 4
Forge

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

8-8 is definitely attainable for the chiefs this year; they probably would have been around there last year had they had average quarterback play. Smith won't get them great play, but he should definitely provide average, and sometimes above average quarterback play. I think I feel pretty good about the niners getting the chiefs second rounder.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really expected the conditional pick to be contingent on make the playoffs, in which case, you'd think it was more worth it.

I don't know that we got fleeced or robbed, but it certainly was a better deal for the niners. Outside of that, we got a day one starter at QB, and I'm not sure there was another option available on the market this year. Just as much of this in my opinion was to absolutely clear the Matt Cassel era from KC, but dang, that is a lot to give up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 29 of 31

Jump to: