Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

49ers trade QB Alex Smith to Chiefs for 2nd rounder, another
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pierrepet

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
pierrepet wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
Chiefs fans will be plenty happy with this trade when all is said and done. All the talk won't change that. Just give him a chance. If your team is remotely solid in personnel and coaching? Alex will do well in KC, and you won't be anywhere near the basement of the AFCW again. Smile

To me, that is the problem. The Chiefs gave two quality draft picks for a player that, at best, will get them out of the basement of the AFC West. While Smith can probably succeed at that small task, he certainly does not give them much hope of ever doing much better than that.

I can only agree to disagree with you on this, and leave it at that. I feel KC has a good shot at 8 or 9 wins this season... and an even better record the season after. Improvement has to start somewhere. I clearly think more of this QB than you... but I know better by now to waste time trying to change people's thinking. Only thing to really do is let the season results do the talking.

Fair enough. I too think they could get to 8 wins, but they will have to do so with their running game (unlikely with Reid) and a defense that excels in takeaways. Smith will have one role - dont turn the ball over and don't beat yourself.

Ironm1ke: "I am a huge Eli supporter, but his 2012 campaign was an epic turd."
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pierrepet wrote:

Fair enough. I too think they could get to 8 wins, but they will have to do so with their running game (unlikely with Reid) and a defense that excels in takeaways. Smith will have one role - dont turn the ball over and don't beat yourself.

You know, this perception of Reid is confusing to me. Over the past four years, the Eagles have hovered somewhere between 7th and 13th in the league in passing attempts. Above average, no doubt, but not at all excessive. You have more of a case with the McNabb days in the mid 2000s, but even then, it tended to vary. In McNabb's early years, 01-03 or so, they actually passed less than most teams did. Mind you I don't follow the Eagles intently, but I can't help but wonder how much of it comes down to standard fan complaints of play calling (literally every fan base hates their team's play calling to some extent) just reaching a more public level.

Adopt-a-Chief: Brandon Flowers
45 Tackles, 1 sack, 1 Interception, 32 INT yards, 5 PDs
pierrepet

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakuvious wrote:
pierrepet wrote:

You know, this perception of Reid is confusing to me. Over the past four years, the Eagles have hovered somewhere between 7th and 13th in the league in passing attempts. Above average, no doubt, but not at all excessive. You have more of a case with the McNabb days in the mid 2000s, but even then, it tended to vary. In McNabb's early years, 01-03 or so, they actually passed less than most teams did. Mind you I don't follow the Eagles intently, but I can't help but wonder how much of it comes down to standard fan complaints of play calling (literally every fan base hates their team's play calling to some extent) just reaching a more public level.

As a Cowboy's fan, I have watched almost all Eagle's games over the years and there is no denying that Reid far too often abandoned the run game. We will see whether or not that trend continues in KC, but the fact that he did so with a running back as good as McCoy does not bode well for change.

That stated, I have always viewed Andy Reid as an upper echelon coach. Other than abandoning the running game and time management issues, he is very good. KC is lucky to have him.

Ironm1ke: "I am a huge Eli supporter, but his 2012 campaign was an epic turd."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31
Page 31 of 31

Jump to: