Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mayhem Mock - 3 Rounds ***MIAMI to #1***
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulyChief

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: Mayhem Mock - 3 Rounds ***MIAMI to #1*** Reply with quote

For me, with the parity in talent at the top of this draft the Chiefs selection is critical. And it also makes it very unlikely that any team will give up a 2nd rounder to get to #1. So with a surprising selection, mayhem ensues and draft boards across the league get blown up.

***3/18 Update***: Just like a team at the top can alter the outcome of many picks below them, a single team that is aggressive in free agency can alter the draft as well. In this case, the Dolphins alter the draft both for the needs they filled in FA, and the biggest need that they didn't -retaining their own LT. Luke Joeckel is the clear and obvious #1 pick in the draft. Only a team with an obvious and glaring need at the position is going to jump here. Miami had five picks in the first 3 rounds thanks to the Vontae Davis and Brandon Marshall trades. And they got an extra pick at the end of round 5 as 2012 FA loss compensation.

1 (MIA) Luke Joeckel - OT TA&M: Miami trades the 12th overall pick, their second round pick (10th), and their 3rd rounder (15). This is light by a first round pick for the number 1 overall, according to the trade value chart. But the Chiefs don't have a lot of choice here as nobody else is offering anything for the pick. Plus, Branden Albert would be a DAMN fool to turn down any reasonable multi-year offer after what Long and the other LTs signed for. The Dolphins don't have a choice here. They just went and got a bunch of weapons for their young QB. Must protect him. Moving Jonathan Martin over to LT would not fit the bill. They still have Indy's 2nd, Chicago's 3rd and the extra 5th.

Previous Pick: (KC) Ziggy Ansah - OLB BYU.

2 (JAX) Barkevious Mingo - OLB LSU: It's either him or Dion Jordan here. I predict Mingo rises like crazy leading up to the draft. If he put on 20 pounds since the end of the season, why doubt he can bulk up a little more? Gus Bradley will turn him loose instead of having him set the edge like he did at LSU.

***3/18 Update***: No idea how so many people are mocking a LT here. The market has been set, nobody is getting Joe Thomas money for a long, long time. Clady, Albert, and Monroe should be begging for extensions in light of the deals the LTs just got. You are stoned if you think competent FO personnel pass on value like Mingo here at a massive need in order to get a RIGHT TACKLE? Please step away from the bong.

3 (OAK) Dee Milliner - CB Bama: Kansas City now has a legit QB, that Peyton guy is still in Denver, and Phillip is going to get a LT with a pulse.
Oh, and Dee is a better pure CB prospect than Pat Peterson.

***3/13 Update***: The signing of Wes Welker makes this an even more obvious pick, despite the Geno buzz.

4 (PHI) Geno Smith - QB WVU: He was born to play in that offense, why on earth would they pass on him?

5 (DET) Eric Fisher - OT CMU: This pick is almost as obvious as Lane Johnson to SD (despite the King Dunlap signing - HA!). It would have been the pick even if Backus had not retired.

Previous Pick: Luke Joeckel.

6 (CLE) DeAndre Hopkins - WR Clemson: He rises more than any player in the draft. He was absurdly mocked at a 3rd rounder initially though. He's the best WR in the draft. He and Gordon might be the best young WR combo in the game.

7 (ARI) Xavier Rhodes - CB FSU: Another who will rise. Yes, they need tackles. But Levi Brown will be back and compared to what other LTs will sign for, he's cheap. And the Boise kid improved. They must be able to play physical against SF and SEA receivers to have any chance in that division.

***3/13 Update***: It's an even bigger deal now that Harvin and Boldin are in the division, they cut both safeties, and Toler walked.

8 (BUF) Lane Johnson - OT OU: Cordy could be fine there, and Hairston could be fine on the right side. But why wouldn't you want to be great at at least two positions instead of adequate at 3? Especially with a new QB coming in. Cordy shifts to LG or RT. Which with a healthy Urbik at RG now gives them one of the top OLs in the NFL.

Previous Pick: Eric Fisher.

***3/13 Update***: Both Levitre and Rinehart walked. Chance Warmack is a nice player, but you're a damn fool if you don't take the tackle here and shuffle the incumbents.

9 (NYJ) Chance Warmack - OG Bama: They will lose at least one of their guards to FA. Fans will boo like crazy, but this is a solid pick for them.

10 (TEN) Tyler Eifert - TE ND: With Cook long gone there is a gaping hole here. If not him, I'd go with Patterson. There are a lot of question marks with the receiving corp. When you take a QB in the top half of round 1, it locks you in on at least three following drafts.

***3/13 Update***: Great job by them signing Levitre and Walker. This is why you can't mock based solely on need. Having said that, Eifert remains the pick because Walker is not a true number 1 guy. Pairing Walker and Stephens would be ridiculous for the run game, but make it pretty damn obvious the ball is going to CJ2K.

11 (SD) Ziggy Ansah - OLB BYU: This is where he falls from a previous mock of 1st overall to KC. Major oops on missing on Lane Johnson. At least they have King Dunlap!

Previous Pick: Jane Johnson.

12 (KC) Sharrif Floyd - DT Florida: I love Floyd, but hate this pick. Not many guys put up stats playing the 5 tech in a 3-4. They do exactly what they're asked to do and get labelled busts. Look, he's a better prospect than Dorsey or Jackson, but he could be Geno Atkins in a 4-3.

Previous Pick: (MIA) Cordarelle Patterson - WR UT.

13 (TB) Star Lotulelei - DT Utah: Great value to pair with McCoy, but they are tempted to take Werner here after losing Bennett to FA.

Previous Pick: Sharrif Floyd.

14 (CAR) Cordarelle Patterson - WR UT: This is a huge need and a good value at this spot.

Previous Pick: Star Lotulelei.

15 (NO) Dion Jordan - OLB Oregon: He only falls because of the surgery. You can't take a guy top 5 if you're worried he might not be able to fully utilize newly learned counter moves to get to the QB in year 1. Too much value for the slide to continue, though. He's the poster boy for their new 3-4.

16 (STL) Tavon Austin - WR WVU: Return of the Greatest Show on Turf? Well, at least a hell of a replacement for Amendola.

17 (PIT) Desmond Trufant - CB U Dub: I'm just refusing to mock Jarvis Jones here. I don't think he compares at all to the more stout OLBs they like. Keenan Lewis is long gone. This is an outstanding value here.

***3/13 Update***: Despite hype machine smack talk last week, they cut Willie Colon. However, they shockingly re-signed Ramon Foster.

Previous Pick: Jonathan Cooper.

18 (DAL) Sheldon Richardson - DT MU: The only problem with this pick is that Sheldon is too serious to see Monte Kiffin constantly calling him Warren as a compliment.

19 (NYG) Bjoern Werner - DE FSU: I guess this is where he lands. He picked a bad time to be a 4-3 DE only. But there are worse places to be, huh?

20 (CHI) Jonathan Cooper - OG UNC: Even though Bushrod is not great and they were tapped out in FA on the first day, Bennett helps them a ton, not just because he's a great blocker but because he's a legit intermediate target. On balance, this pick and those signings dramatically upgrade this unit.

***3/13 Update***: I really hate changing this pick. Yes, they predictably signed Bennett and Bushrod, but unless they start cutting guys they are now up against the cap. Watson would still be a good pick here because Bushrod would actually be much better on the right side long-term.

Previous Pick: Menelik Watson.

21 (CIN) Eddie Lacy - RB Bama: They have a great line in a division that is now full of 3-4 teams. Get a bruising back with some wiggle behind them, play action, deep for A.J. See you in January. They'll look at a safety with that extra early pick in round 2.

22 (STL) Jarvis Jones - LB UGA: I would love to mock another WR here because they could use one. And Jarvis playing OLB in a traditional 4-3? He's just not big, long, or strong enough to be an every down rusher in the NFL. But he's good in space and can cover. Fisher will move him all over and use him to spy those mobile divisional QBs four times a year.

23 (MIN) Arthur Brown - ILB KSU: He's a big need and an immediate upgrade from the departed Brinkley. He's a better prospect than Ogletree and doesn't have all the off field baggage. A guy with that much baggage who is not a HOF caliber talent does not go in round 1.

***3/18 Update***: Would love to give them two wideouts despite the Jennings signing, because he could be one season away from a #3 receiver.

Previous Picks: Stedman Bailey; Desmond Trufant; Keenan Allen.

24 (IND) Damontre Moore - OLB A&M: It's really hard to know what to give them here, what with the pitiful Walden signing. They can't really want him to start, can they? Moore has repaired his stock a bit after pulling a Burfict at the combine.

***3/13 Update***: Walter Cherepinsky gave the Cherilus signing a MILLEN grade. I disagree, because even though the contract is huge the guaranteed money is not. And Cherilus was very good last year. My beef is that signing Donald Thomas, a good signing, guarantees that they continue to roll with Castonzo at LT. It's true that with those two upgrades the unit overall is a lot better, but Castonzo allowed way too much pressure last year. He's a great run blocker, should have been moved to the right side or inside to guard. Two teams without huge needs at LT are now going to get outstanding values with Watson and Armstead.

Previous Pick: Terron Armstead - OT Pine Bluff: Duane Brown was picked right about here. You're welcome, Andrew.

25 (MIN) Larry Warford - OG UK: This is the pick from Seattle for Harvin. They still need to take a wideout here, but losing Geoff Schwartz to KC (who is going to start for them) is a big deal. He didn't start but played a ton of snaps and was very highly rated. The running game is their bread and butter, so this pick is a no-brainer. My original mock had Warford falling all the way to round 3.

Previous Pick: Stedman Bailey.

26 (GB) Terron Armstead - OT Pine Bluff: They don't need him to start right away, but he could easily win that job. Outstanding pick.

Previous Pick: Damontre Moore - LB/DE A&M: He slides this far and they coach him up in order to use his length since we know his long speed is severely wanting. Truth is, this is where he should have been mocked all along.

27 (HOU) Keenan Allen - WR Cal: This is a pretty big need and eventual Andre replacement.

Previous Pick: Quinton Patton.

28 (DEN) Alex Okafor - DE Texas: He replaces Dumervil, even though they probably should have taken one of the DTs still on the board.

***3/13 Update***: See previous pick below. Did you really think Peyton was going to be satisfied with Stokley? Come on, MAN! Then again, after the Welker signing they can now address the defense just like Bronco Fan wanted in the first place.

Previous Pick: Quinton Patton; Arthur Brown.

29 (NE) Kyle Long - OT Oregon: I think Bill will fall in love with the prospect of adding a Long, with all the nastiness that goes with it, to the right side to replace the departed Vollmer - who somebody is going to really pay.

30 (ATL) Zach Ertz - TE Stanford: I don't think he's worth picking this high, but Tony is done. They should address other needs, but Matt Ryan is a top QB and gets a new target.

***3/18 Update***: Wow, I can't believe they gave Tony that much money. Ertz is still the pick. You just gave an old [inappropriate/removed] man that much money to come back, pretty much signals how valuable that position is in their offense.

31 (SF) E.J. Manuel - QB FSU: They have another pick coming up real soon, but Jax may try to nab E.J. ahead of them. It's really a good idea to have a big time developmental QB behind a mobile starter (see, e.g., RGIII).

32 (BAL) Menelik Watson - OT FSU: What a perfect fit for them. Frederick was also, but Watson is just a lot better value here.

Previous Pick: Travis Frederick.

***Fell out of Round 1 from previous Mock: C Travis Frederick, WR Quinton Patton, WR Stedman Bailey.

***Moved into Round 1 from previous Mock: ILB Arthur Brown, OG Larry Warford, DE Alex Okafor.

Round 2

1 (JAX) Markus Wheaton - WR Oregon: They can call him Blame Gabbert all they want - you cannot waste top picks on a QB by not giving him weapons. Look at it this way, if he fails, the new guy has weapons already in place. Jordan Reed is another possibility here.

***3/13 Update***: This pick is only fortified by the release of Laurent Robinson.

2 (SF) Datone Jones - DE UCLA: That front was a complete non-factor in the Super Bowl. They must get a beast to rotate in there and eventually replace Smith. This might be the most value for the spot yet.

3 (PHI) Reid Fragel - T TheOhioState: He will rise leading up to the draft. Think this is too high? Let's just say they moved him from TE a year earlier and he flipped to the left side in his senior year. He's no Lane Johnson, but he may not be that far off in a year or two. They'll probably still sign Winston and this will still be an excellent pick.

Previous Pick: Arthur Brown.

4 (DET) Tank Carradine - DE FSU: This is a great value because of the injury. Huge need.

Previous Pick: Alex Okafor.

5 (CIN) Kenny Vaccaro - S Texas: I think he's only going to be a good player, while Reid has huge upside. But he'll help them.

6 (ARI) Kawann Short - DT Purdue: What a great value here. Kevin Kolb will restructure because he's not a fool (or at least his agent isn't) and he won't start (or make any money) anywhere else. Is a rookie with meh arm strength really a better option? Please. Stop. That defense is ready to roll, can't waste two years developing a QB.

***3/19 Update***: I have no idea what to give them here. Can't be a QB; they are seriously okay with Drew Stanton?

7 (NYJ) Jonathan Hankins - DE/NT TheOhioState: There is just too much value here. Rex strengthens the core with two outstanding picks so far. Let them boo.

***3/13 Update***: After losing DeVito, who they really wanted to keep, they would be incredibly lucky for him to be available here.

8 (TEN) Justin Hunter - WR UT: Eifert and Hunter give Locker every opportunity to succeed. Weapons in place for the next guy if he fails.

9 (BUF) Tyler Bray - QB UT: For me he is the last of the pre-Day 3 QBs. They already got his blind side protector. Will look to add a wideout or TE in round 3.

10 (KC) Stedman Bailey - WR WVU: It's a toss-up between him and Patton here, but a wideout here with this pick is a lock. He'll start over Baldwin, and Avery was not signed to be a starter.

Previous Pick: (MIA) Jordan Reed.

11 (TB) Darius Slay - CB Miss. State: Yeah, he's the sexy pick right now. But he fits and they have a huge need. I think it will be either him or Jamar Taylor here. They'll grab a much needed TE in round 3.

12 (CAR) John Cyprien S FUI: Huge value, huge need.

13 (SD) D.J. Fluker - T Bama: They actually have a ton of needs. But their line was just poor at run blocking. They'll re-sign Vasquez, whose strength is pass blocking, and Fluker will completely collapse opposing DLs. If Matthews doesn't get going, neither does Phillip.

***3/13 Update***: Wow, the Broncos just stole a helluva player from a division rival. Vasquez is a big loss. Rinehart is a good player, but this pick makes even more sense now.

14 (STL) Eric Reid - S LSU: Another huge value. The hype machine will plug him back in soon and he'll start being mocked here again.

15 (DAL) Bennie Logan - DT LSU: Monte Kiffen: "They really, really like me!"

16 (PIT) Manti Te'o - ILB Notre Dame: They have a bunch of defensive needs that they will be forced to deal with in the draft. This is a nice place for him to fall.

Previous Pick: Jamar Taylor.

17 (NYG) Quinton Patton - WR La. Tech: Just too much value here, and unlike Boothe I think Hixon might actually get a multi-year deal. They'll re-sign Boothe and Locklear for nothing and not have to worry about those positions with an early round guy. They might actually lose Cruz this year, and next year it's almost guaranteed he'll be one of the elite few to get paid while the rest of the NFLPA rushes to the bottom again and settles for what is essentially an invitation to camp.

Previous Pick: Margus Hunt, Travis Frederick.

18 (CHI) Jon Bostic - ILB Florida: Here they find their Urlacher replacement.

Previous Pick: Manti Te'o.

19 (WAS) Terrance Williams - WR Baylor: RGIII pounds the table for a college weapon, who is a need and a good value here.

20 (MIN) Robert Woods - WR USC: This is an absolute steal. They did themselves a favor by waiting on a wideout as the difference between Woods, Patton, and Williams; and Allen is not huge if there is any.

Previous Pick: Alec Ogletree.

21 (CIN) Alec Ogletree - LB UGA: They signed Malauga but lost Lawson. Rey may not exactly be a long-term signing either as he was only given one year of guaranteed money.

Previous Pick: Tank Carradine.

22 (MIA) Jamar Taylor - CB Boise: Plug and play starter.

Previous Pick: Reid Fragel.

23 (GB) Barrett Jones - C Bama: Well that worked out pretty well.

24 (SEA) Jesse Williams - DT Bama: They took care of the ends in FA. He's a rotational player initially, but a great value and fits well there.

Previous Pick: Da'Rick Rogers, Margus Hunt.

25 (HOU) Margus Hunt - DE SMU: I think they could just be too tempted to see if they can replicate a JJ Watt with this very raw but super talented player.

Previous Pick: Jesse Williams.

26 (DEN) Sylvester Williams - DT UNC: John Fox will pee himself if this happens.

27 (NE) Da'Rick Rogers - WR Tenn. Tech: By the time they make this pick, the receiver corp will have been pretty well rebuilt. He could be a freak in their offense.

Previous Pick: Robert Woods.

28 (ATL) Sam Montgomery - DE LSU: I really wanted to keep Swearinger here after the Moore re-signing. With him being injured last year and not being franchised despite safety having the lowest cap number of any position, I was surprised they locked him up. RDE and CB are just too big a needs to stick with D.J. here.

Previous Pick: D.J. Swearinger

29 (SF) D.J. Swearinger - S So. Car.: Goldson is gone, and unlike almost every other team they can afford to wait till the draft to find his replacement. At worst Culliver can slide over there. D.J. could play either safety position and start from day 1.

Previous Pick: John Jenkins.

30 (BAL) Jamie Collins - OLB So. Miss.: This guy was born to be a Raven. I think somebody is going to give Kruger mega dollars.

***3/13***: Lombardi gave Kruger mega dollars.

***Fell out of Round 2 from previous: OG Travis Frederick.

Round 3

1 (KC) Travis Frederick - OC Wisconsin: People around the league do not appreciate how much help the line needs. They went from the smallest and weakest interior lines in the league to a man system. This is why they released Winston - he is a ZBS guy only. Enter Geoff Schwarts at LG. Now they get a mauler at C. Rodney Hudson is coming off a broken leg and Frederick can always slide to G.

Previous Pick: Chris Faulk, Robert Woods.

Summary: DT Sharrif Floyd, QB Alex Smith*, WR Stedman Bailey, C Travis Frederick.

2 (JAX) Jonathan Banks - CB Miss. St.: Outstanding value here. If the run on corners does not happen this round, it will soon.

Summary: OLB Barkevious Mingo, WR Markus Wheaton, CB Jonathan Banks.

3 (DET) Sio Moore - LB UCONN: They did a lot to shore up the defense. This is the final piece. They will still need to grab defenders in day 3.

Previous Pick: Leon McFadden, Larry Warford.

Summary: OT Eric Fisher, DE Tank Carradine, LB Sio Moore.

4 (OAK) Leon McFadden - CB SD St.: They have an absolute ton of needs. He could start from day 1 opposite Milliner.

Previous Pick: Larry Warford.

Summary: CB Dee Milliner, QB Carson Palmer*, CB Leon McFadden.

5 (PHI) Jordan Poyer - CB Oregon St.: Chip Kelly has seen quite a bit of him and will jump all over this major need pick.

Summary: QB Geno Smith, OT Reid Fragel, CB Jordan Poyer.

6 (CLE) Robert Alford - CB SE Louisiana: Yep, it looks the run is officially on.

Summary: WR DeAndre Hopkins, WR Josh Gordon*, CB Robert Alford.

7 (ARI) Travis Kelce - TE Cincinnati: Awesome value, definite need. They have had a nice couple days.

Summary: CB Xavier Rhodes, DT Kawan Short, TE Travis Kelce.

8 (TEN) Dallas Thomas - OG UT: Another Vol, this one an excellent value pick at a position of need. Should start from day 1.

Summary: TE Tyler Eifert, WR Justin Hunter, OG Dallas Thomas.

9 (BUF) Vance McDonald - TE Rice: He's a better value here than any of the big, raw, toolsy wideouts. There could be a run on TEs in this round also.

Summary: OT Lane Johnson, QB Tyler Bray, TE Vance McDonald.

10 (NYJ) Kevin Minter - ILB LSU: He's a solid value here. In two days they just added one really good football player after another.

Summary: OG Chance Warmack, DL Jonathan Hankins, ILB Kevin Minter.

11 (TB) Zaviar Gooden - OLB MU: He starts immediately opposite David and gives them possibly the most dynamic pair in the league.

Previous Pick: Sam Montgomery.

Summary: DT Star Lotulelei, CB Darius Slay, OLB Zaviar Gooden.

12 (SF) John Jenkins - DT UGA: Amazing, they still pick up Jenkins. I don't want to harp on this too much, but all of this good fortune is happening because they took a developmental QB when they technically had other needs at the top of round 2 in 2011. They are writing the book for how to manage an NFL franchise in the salary cap/floor, pass happy era.

Previous Pick: Phillip Thomas.

Summary: QB E.J. Manuel, DE Datone Jones, S D.J. Swearinger, DL John Jenkins.

13 (NO) Khaseem Green - ILB Rutgers: He can play inside in a 3-4 and fills a big need. The athletic LBs just keep moving around between three or four teams as signings occur.

Previous Pick: Zaviar Gooden, LB Sio Moore.

Summary: OLB Dion Jordan, ILB Khaseem Greene.

14 (SD) Chris Faulk - OT LSU: They actually get really lucky that he lasts this long. The Chiefs would have grabbed him with the next pick. Competition for King!

Previous Pick: Sio Moore, Khaseem Greene.

Summary: OLB Ziggy Ansah, OT D.J. Fluker, OT Chris Faulk.

15 (KC) Andre Ellington - RB Clemson: He's a steal here and is the type of back Reid loves. They have absolutely nothing behind Charles, who will have no dead money left on his deal next year.

Previous Pick: (MIA) Khaseem Greene, Chris Faulk.

Summary: DT Sharrif Floyd, QB Alex Smith*, WR Stedman Bailey, C Travis Frederick, RB Andre Ellington.

16 (STL) Matt Elam - S Florida: Amazing to take care of the safety position like this in one draft.

Previous Pick: Jon Bostic.

Summary: WR Tavon Austin, LB Jarvis Jones, S Eric Reid, S Matt Elam.

17 (PIT) Brandon Jenkins - OLB FSU: A good value here because of the injury. They have great depth at the position already, but they have been successful in part because they know you don't draft on need.

Summary: CB Desmond Trufant, ILB Manti Te'o, OLB Brandon Jenkins.

18 (DAL) Phillip Thomas - S Fresno St.: They still take a safety. It's that big a need and he falls over half a round after the Swearinger change set off a bunch of pick changes with SF and in this round.

Previous Pick: Matt Elam.

Summary: DT Sheldon Richardson, DT Bennie Logan, S Phillip Thomas.

19 (NYG) David Amerson - DB NC State: Losing Bennett was big, signing Myers helps. There are too many good players on the board here to reach for a blocking TE. Amerson is a terrific value here and somewhat of a need.

Previous Pick: TE Michael Williams.

Summary: DE Bjoern Werner, WR Quinton Patton, DB David Amerson.

20 (MIA) Jordan Reed - TE Florida: I originally had them taking him early in round 2. Keller is only on a one year deal.

Previous Pick: Andre Ellington.

Summary: OT Luke Joeckel, CB Jamar Taylor, TE Jordan Reed.

21 (MIN) Tyrann Matheiu - CB LSU: We're back to the Honey Badger on this pick. Winfield was released, and corners are getting scooped up like crazy in the first two days. He'll help their return game and play in their nickel right away, but due to youth and not being that good (Jefferson), that is going to be a porous unit next year.

Previous Pick: Brandon Williams.

Summary: ILB Arthur Brown, OG Larry Warford, WR Robert Woods, CB Tyrann Matheiu.

22 (CIN) Marquise Goodwin - WR Texas: O M G. This offense is just going to scare the daylights out of opposing DCs.

Summary: RB Eddie Lacy, S Kenny Vaccaro, LB Alec Ogletree, WR Marquise Goodwin.

23 (WAS) Dwayne Gratz - CB UCONN: The secondary is a massive need, so they add an immediate starter here.

Previous Pick: David Amerson.

Summary: QB RGIII*, WR Terrance Williams, CB Dwayne Gratz.

24 (IND) Brandon Williams - DT So. Mo.: This is an improving unit. Williams does not have to play the nose, he will help them.

Previous Pick: Joe Kruger.

Summary: OLB Damontre Moore, CB Vontae Davis*, DT Brandon Williams.

25 (SEA) Demetrius McCray - CB Appy St.: 6'1 187, jumps high, runs fast, almost 34" arms. It's almost too easy.

Previous Pick: DT Brandon Williams.

Summary: WR Percy Harvin*, DT Jesse Williams, CB Demetrius McCray.

26 (GB) Logan Ryan - CB Rutgers: There's just too much value here. Yes, that's now four very nice corners, but Shields could be playing himself into a huge payday after next season. Another team that does not draft on need. This is a great pick here.

Summary: OT Terron Armstead, C Barrett Jones, CB Logan Ryan.

27 (HOU) Trevardo Williams - OLB UConn: Another UConn freak. He will give Reed a real challenge to start in place of the departed Barwin.

Previous Pick: Dwayne Gratz.

Summary: WR Keenan Allen, DL Margus Hunt, OLB Trevardo Williams.

28 (DEN) Giovani Bernard - RB UNC: He's a good player, but this is not a steal. He'll stabilize the position because the other two behind the aging McGahee just can't be counted on.

Summary: DE Alex Okafor, DT Sylester Williams, RB Giovani Bernard.

29 (NE) Hugh Thornton - OG Illinois: The toughness of that OL is a huge strength and this guy and Long really fit that mold. They are also both very athletic and talented.

Summary: OT Kyle Long, WR Da'Rick Rogers, OG Hugh Thornton.

30 (ATL) Brian Schwenke - C Cal: This is a great pick as he steps in to start right away. DTs are so athletic these days that a guy who can protect a legit franchise QB is critical. They can leave Konz at G here.

Summary: TE Zach Ertz, DE Sam Montgomery, C Brian Schwenke.

31 (SF) Marcus Lattimore - RB So. Car.: Why not, right?

Previous Pick: Chris Harper, CB Tyrann Matheiu.

Summary: QB E.J. Manuel, DE Datone Jones, D.J. Swearinger, DL John Jenkins, RB Marcus Lattimore.

32 (BAL) Chris Harper - WR KSU: He's practically an Anquan Boldin clone, except even bigger and quite a bit faster.

Previous Pick: Brennan Williams.

Summary: OT Menelik Watson, OLB Jamie Collins, WR Chris Harper.

33 (HOU)* Zac Dysert - QB Miami(OH): Here they grab a developmental QB with an extra pick. Great value.

Summary: WR Keenan Allen, DL Margus Hunt, OLB Trevardo Williams, QB Zac Dystert.

34 (KC)* Brennan Williams - OT UNC: He's a bigger tackle who fits better in the new scheme than the guys they've added for the past few years. We're assuming here that they think Stephenson could stick on the left side long-term, and/or that Albert gives up his ridiculous demands.

Previous Pick: Tavarres King.

Summary: DT Sharrif Floyd, QB Alex Smith*, WR Stedman Bailey, C Travis Frederick, RB Andre Ellington, OT Brennan Williams.

35 (TEN)* Ryan Nassib - QB Syracuse: They smartly pick up another QB. They now have a ton of weapons in place for a him to succeed after a couple years on the bench.

Previous Pick: Marcus Lattimore, Zac Dysert.

Summary: TE Tyler Eifert, WR Justin Hunter, OG Dallas Thomas, QB Ryan Nassib.

*Compensation picks for losing Mario Williams, Brandon Carr, and Cortland Finnegan, respectively, to free agency.

Fell into Day 3:
Matt Barkley
Tyler Wilson
Matt Scott
Mike Glennon
Gavin Escobar
Dion Sims
Michael Williams
Joseph Randle
Montee Ball
Kenny Stills
Oday Aboushi
David Bakhtiari
Justin Pugh
David Quessenberry
Alvin Bailey
Corey Lemonier
Kwame Geathers
Cornelius Washington
Jelani Jenkins
DeVonte Holloman
Blidi Wreh-Wilson
Tharold Simon
JJ Wilcox
Shamarko Thomas
TJ McDonald

Day 1-2 picks by the numbers:

QB: 3 (Comp to 2012: 8 [incl. Terrelle Pryor])
RB: 4 (2012: 7)
TE: 6 (2012: 3)
WR: 14* [incl. Josh Gordon] (2012: 13)
OL: 18 (2012: 17)
DL: 17 (2012: 14)
LB: 16* [3-4 rush OLBs grouped here] (2012: 14)
S: 7 (2012: 5)
CB: 14 (2012: 10)
P: 0 (2012: 1)

Last edited by PaulyChief on Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:58 am; edited 16 times in total
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

30 (ATL) Zach Ertz - TE Stanford: I don't think he's worth picking this high, but Tony is done. They should address other needs, but Matt Ryan is a top QB and gets a new target.

For sure don't like this pick at all. Ertz nor Eifert are worthy of that pick when we could get Escobar, Kelce, Reed, and Fauria for much better value in the 2nd to 4th rounds and they are truthfully as much upside as the so called 1st round guys.

The falcons should not come out of the 1st round without a front 7 defensive player. That is our biggest weakness on the team by far.

Also who said Gonzo was done? The guy can still ball better than 90% of the TE's in the league.
meixdaddy_10

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Say what?

You think Bailey for the Vikes in RD 1 is a steal? What drugs were you on when you pulled that out of a hat?

Allen, Vaccaro, or Trufant are all alot better options
AQuintus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Re: Mayhem Mock - Rd 1 Reply with quote

PaulyChief wrote:

23 (MIN) Stedman Bailey - WR WVU: The need is glaring and he's actually a steal here as a poor man's Steve Smith.

Laughing

This is a hilarious joke, but seriously, what's the real pick?
Kikuchiyo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrible pick for 9ers. We have absolutely zero need for a QB in the first round. If we grab one at all, it will be a late round developmental guy. We need D-line and secondary help or more playmakers on offense.

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21
PaulyChief

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In order: Tony Gonzalez is not retiring? Front 7 guys are plentiful and cheap in FA. This is not a team needs mock. I'm not wild about Ertz, but you don't grab a meh guy in round 4 for a Matt Ryan caliber QB.

On Bailey: There are 6 weeks until the draft, with pro days and individual workouts to go. The media just hasn't plugged him into the hype machine yet. He is a legit immediate impact, round 1 wideout.

E.J.: Pick one: 1) A completely blown season when your mobile QB blows out his ACL; 2) Last season. They have a million picks. DL is the deepest position in the draft, there will be plenty there later on.
Kikuchiyo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulyChief wrote:

E.J.: Pick one: 1) A completely blown season when your mobile QB blows out his ACL; 2) Last season. They have a million picks. DL is the deepest position in the draft, there will be plenty there later on.

If Kaep goes down, we have Scott Tolzein, whose spent 2 years learning the offense. Harbs wouldnt let EJ see the field until he learned the playbook anyway, so he'd be the #3 QB on the roster at best. Why would we use a first round pick on a guy who wouldnt even be a backup his first year? Heck, we got our franchise signal caller in the second round. Why would we select his back up in the first round? Total waste of a pick! QB is not a need. Scott Tolzein is fine as the backup. No, he doesn't have wheels like Kaep or his big arm, but he's got enough accuracy to manage the game and let the defense win it for us.

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21
Bleedin_Green36

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really can't see us drafting Geno.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go home, mock. You're drunk.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could see Lacy to the Bengals in the first. Most of us would prefer waiting until the top of round two, but whatever.
Jason_Bengal_Fl

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
I could see Lacy to the Bengals in the first. Most of us would prefer waiting until the top of round two, but whatever.

I would be very upset. We don't need a RB bad enough to reach for one and this draft is deep with 2nd and 3rd round RBs.

Including Lacy.

Especially with the best player in the draft still on the board.
The Gnat

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's hilarious Vikings pick, Bailey could get taken in the 3rd, not the first.

ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason_Bengal_Fl wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:

I would be very upset. We don't need a RB bad enough to reach for one and this draft is deep with 2nd and 3rd round RBs.

Including Lacy.

Especially with the best player in the draft still on the board.

Agreed. Give me Jones there

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
boondock

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still trying to see where Star's heart condition sits before I bless this pick. Overall, its a good pick if he makes it to us; if not or the heart condition is more serious than first imagined; Sheldon Richardson should be the pick.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Still trying to see where Star's heart condition sits before I bless this pick. Overall, its a good pick if he makes it to us; if not or the heart condition is more serious than first imagined; Sheldon Richardson should be the pick."

I only mocked him there because the heart condition apparently is a non-issue. What do you think about Cyprien in round 2?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: