Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mayhem Mock - 3 Rounds ***MIAMI to #1***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulyChief

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Th@Bird$: Thanks for the thoughtful comments. One of the evaluators that really loves Stedman Bailey is over at NFL's Future. I have seen other buzz that NFL FOs really like him also, and again, I have a hard time believing that a non-speed burning, outside WR who is short is going to declare if the advisory committee does not tell him he's a no-doubt second rounder. Especially in a draft where a record number of juniors entered the draft. The draft is assuming Harvin is gone, but I mocked him as the best WR available there - that's a huge need and good fit regardless of Harvin.

I'm just not seeing Vaccaro or Cyprien as anywhere near as talented as Barron and Harrison. I could be wrong. I would not be shocked to see one of the safeties taken near the end of round 1, but even though last year was not as deep, it was much, much better at the top, a lot like QB. And even then the second of them, who is going to be a beast for years, almost fell out of round 1. If other mocks want to project what they think should happen, that's fine. I try to go more with history. Safeties, offensive guards, centers, and tight ends just don't go in round 1 in anywhere near as high a proportion as other positions. People forget really quickly. Think about this: In round 1 in 2011, Gabe Carimi, Anthony Costazo, Derek Sherrod, and James Carpenter were drafted in round 1. Somebody shot down the Armstead pick to Indy. Anybody really think any of those four guys above is even remotely in the range of Armstead's grade? He impressed again at his pro day. If he slides out of round 1 it's the steal of the draft.

I love Mingo and I think he rises late. I do like Jordan a lot, but I was impressed with how active Mingo was on tape last year despite being so bizarrely played out of position. Flipped to the right side in Gus Bradley's defense and I think he's Aldon Smith, except he can cover.

@FREDDY T: The position is such a huge need I have to believe they address it to a large degree in FA long before the draft. But yeah, Slay would be a solid pick and fit well there. But a dynamic speed receiver like Wheaton would give Gabbert or Henne or whoever lines up under center some serious targets. It's a point I made several times in the mock. If you take a QB high, you have to draft weapons for him in subsequent drafts. And if you overdo it, stack talent on talent, and he still fails, when you move on from that QB to somebody else those weapons are already in place.

@Kempes: Thanks, I did mean Arthur Brown. I'll bet they would take Arthur Jones, though. He's a nice player!
PaulyChief

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mock has been updated through round 1 with major changes and Miami trading up to take Joeckel.
meixdaddy_10

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its better than before for the Vikes (Stedman Bailey RD1..what were you smoking?) Very Happy but you still need to make a few changes.

RD1a LB Brown is perfect..great job

RD1b is not so good..love Warford but not a RD1 pick IMO..would love him in RD2 if there but do not see it happening as our GM wants continuity on the line and is sticking with what we have(P.S. you also have Warford going in RD 3 to DET FYI)..we may grab a G later in the draft to groom in a few years but not early.....I could see either WR's Allen or Hunter or DT's Short or Hankins...maybe even S Vaccaro but i doubt it.

RD2 Not a pick I see them making based on needs but could be BPA on our board..i do love the player but not sure he'd be picked due to character concerns...we resigned Henderson to be our OLB and if we draft Brown to be our ILB this pick makes no sense since we have glaring needs at CB and DT that need to be addressed before LB depth. Sounds like our GM is high on DT Sly Williams and I can see him easily the pick here, but there is no way we let CB Johnthan Banks slip past us..some of us like him in RD 1 let alone RD2..its a no brainer

RD3 is an interesting pick but i cant see the Honey Badger as a Viking..too many character concerns..doesnt seem to fit our Cover 2 philosophy either..could see CB Logan Ryan here though if we dont go Banks RD2..but since we did I like DT Branden Williams to bring back the Williams Wall

RD1 LB Brown/WR Allen
RD2 CB Banks
RD3 DT Williams

Now that is a hell of a draft

Also how can that many QB's not be taken by RD 4? cant see it myself but its your mock.
kcstomp63

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have Miami trading all those picks, you better switch their 2nd and 3rd to KC. As of right now you just have KC and MIA swappings firsts. FYI...

Thanks to LOTO for the sig
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Summary: TE Zach Ertz, DE Sam Montgomery, C Brian Schwenke.

Not a very good falcons draft at all pauly.

We take 2 offensive players in the 1st 3 rounds when our 4 biggest needs are all defense. DE, NT, OLB, and, CB

Even worse the DE you gave us is one of the few in this draft that i could see have been taken off the falcons board already for character issues.

I like Sam as a player personally but he just doesn't look like a guy Dimitroff drafts from all his other drafts he has done since he got here. Character issues, lack of effort, gambling, lack of leadership.

As far as Konz goes why would you want to leave him at Guard? He is so out of place there and isn't strong enough to hold up there. He would be an avg or below avg guard where as he would be a pro bowl potential Center.

I don't mind possibly looking at a RG with some upside later but don't keep the line worse by playing people where their not best suited.

Here is a revised draft for you. That is without a doubt much better.

1st - Jessie Williams - NT - We need a top notch Dt that can run a 3-4 NT spot and also be productive in a 4-3 look. We are a hybrid defense that uses both schemes alot. We lacked a true NT last year so our 3-4 looks weren't quite as effective but nolan and smitty both have said they want to do more 3-4 this year as that is nolans main background and what he is best at.

2nd - Khaseem Greene - OLB - Can be a stud 4-3 olb or a great 3-4 ilb according to what scheme we are in and fits exactly what we want to do and need at the olb spot.

3rd - Gavin Escobar - Don't like ging TE this early still but his value here is well worth it considering he is a 2nd round TE. Has more upside than almost all other Te's in the draft.

4th - Grab the best DE or CB available here.

We also gotta grab a DE or CB in FA somewhere soon.
#39 Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOVE

^Salt&Pepper
PaulyChief

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All three rounds have now been updated.
EccentricFan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really not liking the current version for Buffalo. To start off with, we have Lane Johnson. If it had been Joeckel or Fisher, you could have made the argument you did, but I just don't think Fisher is sure enough of a prospect to say outright that he'll make a better LT than Cordy Glenn.

Chance Warmack on the other hand, has much more talent and is clearly better at LG than anyone currently on Buffalo's roster. You take Lane Johnson, mix people around, and he doesn't work out, now you've got to move them back and you've stunted the development of your Line wasted time practicing a position they're no longer playing.

Then you get to round 2, and Tyler Bray, who shouldn't be taken anywhere near the second round if you ask me. A quarterback here works, but there are four QBs still available I would easily take over Bray. I'm never going to support a project QB taken only for potential who also has serious character concerns in the second round.
ninjaneer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cooper in the First...Jesse or Sylvester Williams in the second...your third was fine
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're severely overrating Dion Jordan's injury -- not a CHANCE he slips even to #10. Best pass rusher in the draft.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hankins and Minter make no sense for the Jets. We are fine on the DL and at ILB.

And no way we pass on Dion Jordan at 9.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cecil Shorts, Justin Blackmon, Marcedes Lewis and MJD are plenty of weapons, he needs an OL

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it, Jones/Austin first round is great. Then we get Elam in the 3rd and Reid in the second? Brilliant. I would love nothing more than to have those 2 in my secondary.
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eifert at 10? lololololololol

Hunter is an okay pick. I like him, but WR isn't the direction I would go. OG in third is good. We need a starter at RG and it could be Thomas. No need for QB with Locker and Fitzpatrick. Our comp pick should be another position..CB, DE, DT, S....really anything but a LB.

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster RB/WR -- 9 CAR 29 YDS, 1 REC 17 YDS
2) Sammie Hill NT -- 2 TCK 1 SCK
mlucas12002

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6 (CLE) DeAndre Hopkins - WR Clemson: He rises more than any player in the draft. He was absurdly mocked at a 3rd rounder initially though. He's the best WR in the draft. He and Gordon might be the best young WR combo in the game.

How much green beer did you drink before writing this?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: