Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Revis Officially Traded to Tampa!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 33, 34, 35  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballProdiG wrote:
Jet's office needs to stop bluffing like idiots and take that offer before it's to late. The Bucs are all in for Revis, and the Jets are playing games.
Yeah, the game is called negotiation. They fact is that potential compensation has gone up drastically since the initial reports. The Jets are playing the waiting game and will pull the trigger when the time is right. The bucs aren't going to just say "you waited too long, we don't want revis anymore" and go into the season with Eric Wright as their number 1 corner. The only way that happens is if the Jets demands get way too out of hand where they want a Herschel Walker type package for Revis. Otherwise, they'll keep negotiating.
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
I will take Revis over 2/3 solid guys.

When playing against Julio Jones, Steve Smith, Jimmy Graham having a guy in Revis to pretty much take them out of a game would transform our entire defense.

Word is Barber will be back to play the slot, Wright might stay to fight for the #2 spot against Leonard Johnson/draft pick.

Revis - Barber - Wright/Johsnon/Rookie
Barron - Goldson

That would be one of the best secondaries in the league.
As a Jets fan, I agree. This trade will get done; it's just a matter of time. A lot of people are saying "Revis isn't worth a 1st", etc., but at the end of the day, he'll go down as one of the greatest corners to ever play the game is he stays healthy.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:
Jet's office needs to stop bluffing like idiots and take that offer before it's to late. The Bucs are all in for Revis, and the Jets are playing games.
Yeah, the game is called negotiation. They fact is that potential compensation has gone up drastically since the initial reports. The Jets are playing the waiting game and will pull the trigger when the time is right. The bucs aren't going to just say "you waited too long, we don't want revis anymore" and go into the season with Eric Wright as their number 1 corner. The only way that happens is if the Jets demands get way too out of hand where they want a Herschel Walker type package for Revis. Otherwise, they'll keep negotiating.

Yes, we will at some point. We will most likely draft 2 corners in the top 4 rounds, and having Ronde back, will make us at least better than last year. No point in hinging our entire offseason on the Jets' front office sitting on their hands.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:

Yes, we will at some point. We will most likely draft 2 corners in the top 4 rounds, and having Ronde back, will make us at least better than last year. No point in hinging our entire offseason on the Jets' front office sitting on their hands.
Dominik is going to be on the hot seat if they don't play well this year. He has to make a splash some how. Drafting corners and waiting for them to develop won't keep him his job.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
I will take Revis over 2/3 solid guys.

When playing against Julio Jones, Steve Smith, Jimmy Graham having a guy in Revis to pretty much take them out of a game would transform our entire defense.

Word is Barber will be back to play the slot, Wright might stay to fight for the #2 spot against Leonard Johnson/draft pick.

Revis - Barber - Wright/Johsnon/Rookie
Barron - Goldson

That would be one of the best secondaries in the league.
As a Jets fan, I agree. This trade will get done; it's just a matter of time. A lot of people are saying "Revis isn't worth a 1st", etc., but at the end of the day, he'll go down as one of the greatest corners to ever play the game is he stays healthy.

Most people arent claiming Revis isnt worth a 1st. The main thing people are saying is that, given his price tag and the fact he is coming off a serious injury, that first round value is risky.

The mere fact that there only seems to be one team pushing hard for him tells me alot of teams feel the same.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The offer has been in like a month, come on!

Insert Caddyshack Quote:

WELL...We're Waiting Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Jets should just take number 13 and run with it. They're getting too greedy. I think the Bucs are offering too much as it is. Jets could help their D out a lot with two top 15 picks. Losing Revis would hurt, but the gain in losing his contract and still getting a top 15 prospect should be more than enough.

Nobody can stretch a page into oblivion like I can
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I <3 Faulk wrote:
The Jets should just take number 13 and run with it. They're getting too greedy. I think the Bucs are offering too much as it is. Jets could help their D out a lot with two top 15 picks. Losing Revis would hurt, but the gain in losing his contract and still getting a top 15 prospect should be more than enough.

I think they will take it. I think they are just holding out until they get closer to the draft before they pull the trigger. No other teams seem to be interested at this point, so I think its either a ploy to get TB to raise their offer or just wishful thinking for a bidding war.

In the end, Im fairly certain the Bucs will get Revis for 13th overall and some change.
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
To those who dont feel Revis is worth is I bet San Francisco wished they had him to put on Anquan Boldin in the Super Bowl or Seattle had him to help shut down Roddy or Julio

Revis is God-like at the CB position, its essentially

Revis

Everyone else

If we trade him I'll literally cry, I dont want to pay him 14-16M but 12-13M is well worth it in my book

Was he going out there in a wheel chair? Because that is the only way he would have helped SF in those situations last season. I love how everyone just assumes he will be the same O'l Revis post surgery. Especially in 2013. Could he still be the best Cb in the NFL, Yes anything is possible. But those of you getting caught up in AP and Welker's fast recoveries hype need to realize every player is different. No one has a clue how he will be post surgery and anyone making the blanket statement of HE IS STILL THE BEST is doing nothing but pure speculation.

This has to be a record for the longest Speculation Thread in FF News history?

3/12-?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:

We have a 52 page and counting thread going on the guy Shocked

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
To those who dont feel Revis is worth is I bet San Francisco wished they had him to put on Anquan Boldin in the Super Bowl or Seattle had him to help shut down Roddy or Julio

Revis is God-like at the CB position, its essentially

Revis

Everyone else

If we trade him I'll literally cry, I dont want to pay him 14-16M but 12-13M is well worth it in my book

Was he going out there in a wheel chair? Because that is the only way he would have helped SF in those situations last season. I love how everyone just assumes he will be the same O'l Revis post surgery. Especially in 2013. Could he still be the best Cb in the NFL, Yes anything is possible. But those of you getting caught up in AP and Welker's fast recoveries hype need to realize every player is different. No one has a clue how he will be post surgery and anyone making the blanket statement of HE IS STILL THE BEST is doing nothing but pure speculation.

3/12-?

I'm guessing some Brett Favre threads might have been longer.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4155/darrelle-revis

Quote:
According to Profootballtalk's Mike Florio, "some league insiders" believe the Bucs have already worked out the parameters of a long-term contract with Darrelle Revis' agents.
It would be blatant tampering, but the Jets are turning a blind eye despite not granting formal permission for the sides to talk. Revis has the same representation as Vincent Jackson.

It was a given that we wouldn't trade for him unless something contract wise was already in place.

I guess it comes down to what the doctors have say say come the week of the draft.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think at some point a few days before the draft, the Bucs docs will get a chance to examine him, and then a deal will be reached.

The Jets are smart to try to delay it as long as possible. Every day Revis is going to be getting a little better in his recovery.
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballProdiG wrote:

You can say what you want about our new GM, but he isn't an idiot. He has been playing the waiting game with a purpose. I expect Revis gone by week of the draft or by draft night. The longer Idzik waits the more healthy Revis gets. And no matter how much time passes, the Bucs CBs still aren't very good.

Us fans are impatient, I think we all can agree on that. But this deal will get done, there is just too much out there and both teams want this to happen. Clearly we need the draft picks to help rebuild and also not have to worry about a huge contract while we have so many other areas of need. And clearly the Bucs need help at CB in the worst way, especially in that pass happy NFC South division.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCK: 123 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT:
green24

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PFT wrote:
Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the discussions between the Jets and Bucs have included the possibility of the Buccaneers assuming the contract of quarterback Mark Sanchez.

Yes, Sanchez. He has a guaranteed base salary of $8.25 million for 2013. If he didn’t, Sanchez would have been cut by now. If the Jets could unload that obligation, they’d surely jump at the chance.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 15 of 35

Jump to: