Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rams giving LT Jake Long a physical, signing to follow
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RamRod

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Colts had the 1 and 2 picks in the '92 draft.
RamRod

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
The fact this is taking awhile leads me to believe the Rams aren't offering Long what he thinks he's worth. If the Dolphins offered him a similar contract, I'm fairly sure he'd re-sign with us.

Per Long's twitter:
Quote:
"Got the tour of STL today and was pleasantly surprised. Not selling our house in MIA though!"

That was his wife's Twitter, not his.

And why does the thread still say "signing to follow?" Was that just an assumption?
El ramster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have Bradford in there and throw some passes and look at him with that wicked eye of his.

Should get Mr Jake, Long in the juice maker if you catch my drift.

SAVE US BASED BRADFORD.

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
The fact this is taking awhile leads me to believe the Rams aren't offering Long what he thinks he's worth. If the Dolphins offered him a similar contract, I'm fairly sure he'd re-sign with us.

Per Long's twitter:
Quote:
"Got the tour of STL today and was pleasantly surprised. Not selling our house in MIA though!"

His wife's twitter account.

The Rams never offered a contract prior to the physical also.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000150681/article/jake-long-cleared-ready-to-hammer-out-rams-deal

In this article it says Long is working out a deal with the Rams barring any setbacks.
Emerica

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hell is going on man..

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emerica wrote:

Who the hell knows. Either get the deal done already or something. Taking forever

Adopt-A-Ram

Alec Ogeltree 109 combinded tackles, 1.5 sacks, 6 FF, 10 stuffs, 9 PD, 1 Int 1td.
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brodie wrote:
Emerica wrote:

Who the hell knows. Either get the deal done already or something. Taking forever

My guess is it will be all figured out tomorrow.

Hope he signs tonight though.
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest...

Rotoworld wrote:
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch's Bernie Miklasz reports the Rams are in a "holding pattern" with free agent LT Jake Long, and waiting for Long to respond to their offer. Proposals have been exchanged, now it's up to someone to budge. Most reports have indicated it won't be the Rams, who only want Long at their price. Long's "visit" is turning into an extended stay, but there should be a resolution by Friday. The smart money is on Long leaving South Beach for the Gateway City, but it's not a given.

IDOG_det on the sig...
RIP "El Fenomeno" - Oscar Taveras
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HUGE signing for Sam Bradford, biggest signing of the year imo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
HUGE signing for Sam Bradford, biggest signing of the year imo

He hasn't even signed.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
It went from being a two horse race between SF and SEA, to now being a legit three headed race with the Rams right up there. I know people are going to doubt them, but they have one of the better up-and-coming defenses in the league and Fisher is finally putting the pieces around Bradford to have him succeed. They are contenders in my mind, and we couldn't say that before this offseason IMO.
Maybe so but I tend to not have that big of a reaction to free agency because the failure rate is so high. On paper, the Rams got better and I like the moves they made. Strong division either way but it has been made stronger if these acquired players come in and play to the potential they have.

This let's us slide Saffold to the RT position. He's quick on his feet.

These are moves set for need. Again, We have a great D. If our Offense can just sustain drives we could be dangerous.

Our Rookies stepped up big last year and we have 2 basically rookies in Pead-Quick who look to step up this year.

With RG out that could land us a top 3-5 pick next year which is frightening. We aren't rebuilding anymore. We are reloading.

This is going to be Sams 4th year and he's ready. Made huge strides last season.

We're finally giving him protection and weapons.

Givens could ball and If we add Austin I just might pass out.
Don't the Rams need some receivers? You can't reload until you have been "loaded".
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaclinandMCcoy wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Well damn....the NFC West is really good.

That's what the Cardinals said.

We'll see who's laughing when Jadeveon Clowney takes down the Arch, Bridge and Needle. Wink

Just gotta worry about which Arch, Bridge and Needle that Clowney will smash. He doesn't read so well...you might find Clowney smashing a McDonalds. Wink

Laughing
The girl in your picture looks amazingly like one of my nieces, who is she?
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
El ramster wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
It went from being a two horse race between SF and SEA, to now being a legit three headed race with the Rams right up there. I know people are going to doubt them, but they have one of the better up-and-coming defenses in the league and Fisher is finally putting the pieces around Bradford to have him succeed. They are contenders in my mind, and we couldn't say that before this offseason IMO.
Maybe so but I tend to not have that big of a reaction to free agency because the failure rate is so high. On paper, the Rams got better and I like the moves they made. Strong division either way but it has been made stronger if these acquired players come in and play to the potential they have.

These are moves set for need. Again, We have a great D. If our Offense can just sustain drives we could be dangerous.

Our Rookies stepped up big last year and we have 2 basically rookies in Pead-Quick who look to step up this year.

With RG out that could land us a top 3-5 pick next year which is frightening. We aren't rebuilding anymore. We are reloading.

This is going to be Sams 4th year and he's ready. Made huge strides last season.

Don't the Rams need some receivers? You can't reload until you have been "loaded".

NFL Draft...

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
The latest...

Rotoworld wrote:
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch's Bernie Miklasz reports the Rams are in a "holding pattern" with free agent LT Jake Long, and waiting for Long to respond to their offer. Proposals have been exchanged, now it's up to someone to budge. Most reports have indicated it won't be the Rams, who only want Long at their price. Long's "visit" is turning into an extended stay, but there should be a resolution by Friday. The smart money is on Long leaving South Beach for the Gateway City, but it's not a given.

Albert Breer reported Rams officials and Long had dinner again last night. So he is still in St. Louis, hopefully this ends soon.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
El ramster wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

NFL Draft...
Counting on rookies to produce is problematic at best. While it occasionally happens it is rare even for first rounders and there are no real first round choices in this draft. We need another one in Chicago but there is no one I would even think about until the second.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 12 of 14

Jump to: