Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

7 Rounder w/ 2 Rounds of Analysis.. Let's Hear It.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2014 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KeystoneViking

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gosh there is just absolutely no way the Vikes take Geno Smith. If he were to fall that far (he won't), they would trade back without hesitation. Christian Ponder will be our quarterback next year and, as long as we get him a couple receivers, will be just fine.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate the first pick, Ozzie likes to go BPA, and Fluker is quite honestly not the BPA there imo. And I'd hope we don't draft a RT to switch him to LT... look how that's worked out with Oher. However, I love Minter in the second, before the combine he was a 1st rounder.
Wr80

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it, Warmack will shore up the left side with Long/Warmack combo Bradford won't get his blindside slammed all day. With Wheaton in the slot and Quick/Givens on the outside and throw in Cook. Our offense may be pretty solid. Not to mention pulling into a top 10 defense with this draft.
The OUTLAW

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a fan of your Browns picks at all. Not sure why you think Xavier is better than Milliner for the Browns, but I think you are alone in that belief and Bray doesn't have the arm for the NFL likely but definitely doesn't have the arm for a downfield offensive attack.

Vince Lombardi
CleBrowns07

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pretty sure the Browns have Philly's 7th rounder. but I can't see us passing on Milliner at 6. I could live with it though. outside of Bray it's a nice draft.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hunter is one of my favorite players in this draft so I'd be fine picking him at 18 given our untrusting receiving corp(outside of Dez),but if Cooper(or Warmack) are there at 18 I'd hope we'd go with one of them instead.

As for some other picks...
- Williams in the 2nd would be pretty sweet
- Mathieu isn't on our Board so I'd replace him with Dallas Thomas
- Not a fan of Landry Jones in the 4th personally,but could definitely see us grabbing a QB there.
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:56 am    Post subject: Re: 7 Rounder w/ 2 Rounds of Analysis.. Let's Hear It. Reply with quote

Conquest8089 wrote:
2013 NFL Draft:
Round 1:
1. Kansas City: Ezekiel 'Ziggy' Ansah DE Brigham Young
Coinciding Ansah a Reach, Dorsey & Reid select the most gifted athlete with perennial All Pro upside. First flashed during the Notre Dame game. When lined up with his hand in the dirt, displayed uncanny twitchiness, tremendous power, & a relentless motor. Playing End in BYUs 3-4, showed ability to stack & shed with powerful hand use. Some will argue he lacks instincts. Against Boise, immediately recognized fake bunt & made crucial stop. Against Hawaii, Ran a twist out of a 2 point stance, hit the Quarterback & got to his feet to recover the ball for a TD. Watching the Poinsettia Bowl, San Diego State attempted to double team him or run opposite. On Van Noy's 4th Quarter Touchdown, Ansah stunts with tremendous quickness to provide interior pressure. In 2-3 steps, he moved from an outside tackle shade to rushing up the A-Gap.

Laughing

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
101Raider

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesse Williams is going in the 1st, if he's there in the 3rd I'd freakin break my TV if he wasn't the pick

Joekel, Williams, Montgomery would be a killer start to the draft
joru1000

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

put down the bong

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the Colts picks except for one thing. The Colt's retained their 6th and 7th rders because Vontae Davis and Moise Fokou didn't meet playing time requirements.
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good value but the Jets HAVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE to draft an OLB somewhere.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: 7 Rounder w/ 2 Rounds of Analysis.. Let's Hear It. Reply with quote

Conquest8089 wrote:
26. Green Bay: Star Lotulelei DT Utah
Ted Thompson faces two defensive building blocks nearing Free Agency. Clay Matthews III will be eligible following 2013 & B.J. Raji the next offseason. Given the longterm contract Aaron Rodgers will command, retaining both players longterm will prove exceedingly difficult. Retaining Matthews should be the priority.

Off many teams boards due to medical, Ted Thompson finds a value selection at 26. Lands top 10 talent towards the bottom half of Round 1. I don't believe the issues are career ending, and many teams are just being cautious come draft day. A prototypical 3-4 End in the Haloti Ngata mold, can add weight to play nose if required. Explosiveness is slightly overrated, but he simply manhandles guards. Shows rare agility for a man his size, gets off blocks & consistently defeats double teams. A high character individual. Provides an instant run stopping force at End & gives Thompson flexibility as he sorts out the future of B.J. Raji.

56. Green Bay: Robert Woods WR USC
Packers type receiver that runs the entire route tree, has consistent hands & extensive experience in the WCO. Will immediately contribute as more of a chain mover to replace Greg Jennings.

88. Green Bay: David Bakhtiari OT Colorado
124. Green Bay: Vernon Kearney CB Lane
159. Green Bay: Dion Sims TE Michigan State
171. Green Bay (Compensatory): Zac Stacy RB Vanderbilt
198. Green Bay: Jake Knott ILB Iowa State
211. Green Bay (Compensatory): Rufus Johnson DE Tarleton State
238. Green Bay: Jordan Rodgers QB Vanderbilt

Great first pick, but after that...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like your justification of the Eagles selection of Fisher.
I think along the same lines.

The second round pick blows my mind, however.
I can't see the Eagles taking a receiver with Reid on the board.
Their secondary is so up in the air and the free agents they've signed are marginal, second-tier guys.
I mean, will Cary Williams and Bradley Fletcher outplay Asomugha and DRC this season?
Will Chung play more than eight games?

I love Collins in the 3rd.
Maybe not as much if they sign Victor Butler, but strong nonetheless.

I could live with Holmes and Howard.
Not my first choices, but that's just a matter of preference.
(I really think Howard is borderline to even be drafted, much less a 5th rounder.)

I believe the Eagles only had one 6th round pick and they just traded that to Tampa Bay.

I am on board with Smith in the 7th, but not the other two.
I would expect something more like a guard or tackle-to-guard and a TE.
Garrett Gilkey and Zach Sudfeld, perhaps?
B41098

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rhodes is fine I would like for the browns to trade back to take him though. And bray is just a horrible pick give us a guard or a WR or something just not bray. Rambo that la would be fantastic
vang_evo9

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting Lotulelei at 26 made me jizz. Woods in the 2nd is great as well but the rest could've been better. Thanks for your time and effort!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2014 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: