Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ed Reed to Visit Texans
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fretgod99 wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
No Reed, you want to finish your career with the Ravens...
Epic 13 minute delay double post. Good work, man. Good work.

Internet crapped out as I hit submit. Had to restart my computer so my wireless adapter would recognize that there are, in fact, wireless signals I can connect to. I guess when I reconnected it re-posted again.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rayvens52 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
holt_bruce81 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Good. Sign him, please! He can't tackle, he gambles way too much and his age is making his gambles go against him, and he leaves corners out to dry almost every play. Oh and did I mention he can't tackle?

Have fun!

lol got to love it.

It is what it is. Ed can still make a few plays for you here and there, but he was a borderline liability last year on defense because he won't tackle and since he's lost a couple steps, his timing on his reads aren't what they used to be.

You're still getting a starting-calibre safety, but barely, and only for one year probably.

But if I'm wrong, and Ed suddenly turns it on and performs like he used to - then good for him, he's one of my favorite players of all time!
You were in diapers when Reed was drafted (more than likely) are you even a Ravens fan? I hate little boys who cry and whine all day and that's all you do. How long you even been watching the Ravens? Go jump ship back to the west..Ed is an all time great and a Raven...He has played for us and has put his body through a lot, show some appreciation for one of the all time greats who put on the purple and black

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know I wasn't allowed to have a different opinion than you. Sorry, I'll go back to living in 2009 when Ed Reed was still near the top of his game and worth the contract the Ravens were giving him... Rolling Eyes

Obviously if Ed valued the Ravens and wanted to retire here, he wouldn't be going on visits to other teams. Face it, he's not worth the money he wants at this stage of his career. However, I'm sorry if my opinion has somehow offended you, I'm just being truthful in regards to the level of play that Ed Reed brings to the table at this point in his career, which is not even the same level that some of the F/A FS's (Huff, Delmas) can bring.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Ed should let Ozzie tell him when his career is over?

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.
GaTechRavens

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rayvens52 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
holt_bruce81 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Good. Sign him, please! He can't tackle, he gambles way too much and his age is making his gambles go against him, and he leaves corners out to dry almost every play. Oh and did I mention he can't tackle?

Have fun!

lol got to love it.

It is what it is. Ed can still make a few plays for you here and there, but he was a borderline liability last year on defense because he won't tackle and since he's lost a couple steps, his timing on his reads aren't what they used to be.

You're still getting a starting-calibre safety, but barely, and only for one year probably.

But if I'm wrong, and Ed suddenly turns it on and performs like he used to - then good for him, he's one of my favorite players of all time!
You were in diapers when Reed was drafted (more than likely) are you even a Ravens fan? I hate little boys who cry and whine all day and that's all you do. How long you even been watching the Ravens? Go jump ship back to the west..Ed is an all time great and a Raven...He has played for us and has put his body through a lot, show some appreciation for one of the all time greats who put on the purple and black

Brosicle, this is completely unnecessary.

Not only is it a personal attack and a complete overreaction, but your lack of awareness of his age makes it blatantly clear that you have never read his episode of A Football's Future Life. And that, my friend, is the biggest forum violation of them all.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
So Ed should let Ozzie tell him when his career is over?

Are you referring to me? I would say obviously no, but Ozzie should be realistic in what he brings Ed back for if Ed wants to return.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GaTechRavens wrote:
Rayvens52 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
holt_bruce81 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Have fun!

lol got to love it.

Not only is it a personal attack and a complete overreaction, but your lack of awareness of his age makes it blatantly clear that you have never read his episode of A Football's Future Life. And that, my friend, is the biggest forum violation of them all.

He didn't read my FFL?!

BANISH HIM FROM THESE GROUNDS!

BlaqOptic wrote:
patsfan25

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never felt strongly about you SnA

Aite,

peace.
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Ravens S Ed Reed spoke today like a man saying goodbye to Baltimore. Every sign now points to him getting done a deal in Houston on Friday.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing to think that now we've lost both of our starting ILBs, and starting safeties(going to). Really hoping Christian Thompson or Omar Brown step up.
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
GaTechRavens wrote:
Rayvens52 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
holt_bruce81 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Have fun!

lol got to love it.

He didn't read my FFL?!

I just skimmed it...

Found this nugget:

Quote:
aside from my obvious passion for football and hating Joe Flacco

Interesting avatar you have now Wink Laughing

Anyways, carry on!

(And Reed, you too, carry on, leave Texas, do not return).

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
DaMenace

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm shocked he hasn't signed with the Texans yet. Oh well, It'll come sooner than later.

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
jch1911 wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:
1. Ed Reed isn't even that good anymore.

2. Houston is a contender? To do what? Win their division. That's about all they'll do.

(1) Born in St. Louis - still not a Rams fan Laughing (or Cards, etc.) (even when they won a championship) but glad to see someone is (might need to change your sig soon tho)

(2) Thanks for the vote of confidence regarding the Texans!

(3) First, you got to win the division. Then you take it from there Very Happy

(4) Adding Reed (last time I checked a SB winning safety) and others could finally get us over the hump.... so it's a start (or would be if he signs)

Don't mind him. He always bashes the Texans and the Rockets every chance he gets. Not sure if he isnt a real Rams/Lakers fans either.

How is Houston not a contender to win the AFC? It's not that farfetched to think that. The Broncos and Pats are the favorites, but we are in that discussion.

Yeah, I'm a bandwagon Rams fan. Their sheer dominance over the sports world over the past 6 years brought me in off the streets. Get real.

The Texans are not contenders because they have average QB play. You're not beating any top team with Matt Schaub as your starting QB.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
GaTechRavens wrote:
Rayvens52 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
holt_bruce81 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Have fun!

lol got to love it.

He didn't read my FFL?!

I just skimmed it...

Found this nugget:

Quote:
aside from my obvious passion for football and hating Joe Flacco

Interesting avatar you have now Wink Laughing

Anyways, carry on!

(And Reed, you too, carry on, leave Texas, do not return).

It's the only "Baltimore Ravens have won the Superbowl" avi, okay!?

My feelings for Joe Flacco are like this:

BlaqOptic wrote:
biggio7

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
The Texans are not contenders because they have average QB play. You're not beating any top team with Matt Schaub as your starting QB.

That's a surprising comment because I think they were in the playoffs last year and were considered strong favorite to win it all. And, they blew out the Super Bowl Champion Ravens in the season.

Not taking a shot at the Ravens cause I like them. Anyway, it would be nice for Reed to join the Texans. They need someone to replace Quin and they need a veteran presence that knows how to win.

Last edited by biggio7 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sciz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw that former college teammate Andre Johnson is recruiting him to Houston.

Then I realized that just about every NFL team probably has a player from those Miami teams Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: