Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Broncos sign CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie for 1-year, $5M
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
champ+jay+al=SB

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
broncospride95 wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
^^^Surely you don't mean Osweiler right? Laughing

Osweiler isn't guaranteed to be a franchise QB, but he definitely is the Broncos QB of the future. Why else would Elway have drafted him the other year to sit and learn behind Manning for a couple years? I'm not exactly sure what you mean by this...

Saying QB of the future makes it sound like Os is going to be good. Elway said it himself last year, something to the tune of there is no backup plan. Doesn't sound very confident. If Manning retires and a decent QB is around, I doubt they would just give Os the job. He was not all that good in college either...

No back-up plan at that moment, as there is no denying Brock is raw. But a second round pick (would probably have been a high pick this year had he stayed at ASU) 6-8 athletic QB with three years behind one of the best QB's of all time...yeah hate on that i guess haha. Only positives have been coming from the organization and media about Brock.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nextsuperstar wrote:

Still too early in free agency. They've sign a bunch of good, but no really elite free agents yet.

No elite players available. Laughing

Sig by Lil Uno thanks bro.
roar2014

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric dunn wrote:
But being serious for a minute, i think this is a solid signing. DRC and Champ look to be a nice duo.

BTW how do they have all this cap room?

Chris Harris is the #2 corner DRC would come in and play #2 while Harris played the slot but I do like the signing.
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's hilarious! How does a young CB like DRC only warrant a one year deal? I know he can't tackle wet tissue paper and at times has brain farts of epic proportion but his skill set (size, speed, age) should have at least landed him a multiple year contract from someone. Only thing I can think of is him trying to win a SB with Peyton in 2013 , proving he can play and trying again for big money next year/leave? Absolutely mind boggling it is a one year deal? Shocked

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
That's hilarious! How does a young CB like DRC only warrant a one year deal? I know he can't tackle wet tissue paper and at times has brain farts of epic proportion but his skill set (size, speed, age) should have at least landed him a multiple year contract from someone. Only thing I can think of is him trying to win a SB with Peyton in 2013 , proving he can play and trying again for big money next year/leave? Absolutely mind boggling it is a one year deal? Shocked

Yup he's gambling to get a big deal next year.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The major factor for me with these signings is that none of them financially risk the re-signings of our own up and coming players.

2014 FA's
Clady
Decker
Beadles
Woodyard
Ayers
Walton

2015 FA's
Miller
Thomas

Elway has been nothing short of excellent turning this team around the way he has done.

Sig by Lil Uno thanks bro.
Senor Mortgage

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleedin_Green36 wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:

Yup he's gambling to get a big deal next year.

Isn't the next year when the new TV contract hits? If it is, then yes, he's gambling on a comeback year + a ton of new cap room to get really paid a year from now.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's in the same guild as what Seattle did with Jason Jones last year. 1 year trial run for a guy who under-performed the past year and gives the player a chance to earn some big money.

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing how the Broncos are getting these players under market value.

If they were truly serious about making that SB push, they should also get a coach who plays to win, not play to not lose.

But they won't, and I have a feeling that if it's a close game in the playoffs, Fox's conservativeness will once again rear its ugly head and cost them a game.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
JayAp07

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
How do the Broncos have so much cap space?

Look at all the new contracts. Not huge numbers

Vickerson 2 yrs 5 m
Knighton 2 yrs 4.5 m
Vazquez 4 yrs 24 m
Welker 2 yrs 12 m

Don't know Bradley's number

That's still roughly 22m including DRC which is nothing to sneeze at.

2013 Philadelphia Eagles NFC East Champs
broncos67

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DRC will be essentially the third corner behind Bailey and the man who is likely the best CB on the team right now, Chris Harris. Great to get him on a year deal. Denver has cap space because we have a smart GM and a guy in Mike Sullivan who is damn good at getting contracts worked properly

Thanks, Tzimisce
Pats#1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vulcan_Prime wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:
Vulcan_Prime wrote:
I think this is starting to pave the way for Elway and the front office to just go BPA on the draft. Not much more they can do in free agency now right? I mean A+ moves on every contract given out to need players.

Needed a DT: Signed Terrance Knighton for peanuts.
Needed a CB: Signed DRC in a prove it deal
Needed a G: Sign Vasquez and make a division rival weaker in the process.

And Welker was the cherry on the top and a little screw you to the patriots basically with a 2 year 12 million dollar deal that didn't break the bank.

Honestly couldn't envision a better (realistically) offseason myself, well done Elway. Applause Applause

Eh, not really, more the Pats said screw you to Welker than anything else...Welker went back to the Pats and asked them to match. They didn't, and then went and gave Amendola the contract Welker was hoping to get.

Now we'll just have to wait and see if the Pats made the right decision.

I tend to agree, but the Patriots signed Amendola really fast after Welker felt disrespected so quickly. Guess we'll have to see if Brady made Welker or Welker made brady no? Wink

Brady was great BEFORE Welker....not the other way around.

Welker without a doubt did not "make" Brady....however I can also tell you that Welker will be great in DEN too.

I really think this is a win win for both teams. Peyton has a short pass guy he can rely on who is durable, and the Pats have a younger version with better hands, that hopefully hold onto the ball in the biggest moments when Welker can't.

Now if Amendola can't stay healthy, than the Pats obviously didn't make out well, but then again, only $10 million guaranteed for a 5 year contract is very under "budget", and they won't bite a big bullet at all if they let him go after a couple seasons.

I personally believe Amendolas injury proneness is being blown way out of proportion. The guy had two freak accidents happen to him on the field, and just so happened to be back to back seasons. I think he'll be fine. No more likely to get re-injured than any other little guy taking a beating out there.
Pats#1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles18 wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:
Vulcan_Prime wrote:
I think this is starting to pave the way for Elway and the front office to just go BPA on the draft. Not much more they can do in free agency now right? I mean A+ moves on every contract given out to need players.

And Welker was the cherry on the top and a little screw you to the patriots basically with a 2 year 12 million dollar deal that didn't break the bank.

Honestly couldn't envision a better (realistically) offseason myself, well done Elway. Applause Applause

Eh, not really, more the Pats said screw you to Welker than anything else...Welker went back to the Pats and asked them to match. They didn't, and then went and gave Amendola the contract Welker was hoping to get.

Yeah, but it is kinda a "in your face" move by Welker by going to the Broncos. They really are the only threat to the Patriot's championship dreams. Also, the Peyton/Tom rivalry has been going on for over a decade.

Perhaps...but the Pats got the last laugh by telling Welker to take a hike when he came back asking for them to match Denvers cheap offer. And on top of it, giving DA the contract that Welker has been asking for, for years.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pats#1 wrote:
eagles18 wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:
Vulcan_Prime wrote:

Yeah, but it is kinda a "in your face" move by Welker by going to the Broncos. They really are the only threat to the Patriot's championship dreams. Also, the Peyton/Tom rivalry has been going on for over a decade.

Perhaps...but the Pats got the last laugh by telling Welker to take a hike when he came back asking for them to match Denvers cheap offer. And on top of it, giving DA the contract that Welker has been asking for, for years.

That sounds kind of petty. And the last laugh will be had by the team who goes further in the playoffs I'd guess. Cool

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Pats#1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:
Vulcan_Prime wrote:

It was 100% a "screw you" to the pats. Signed a short relatively cheap contract for one of the biggest threats in the AFC who happen to be QBd by Brady's rival (regardless of how they feel about each other, they are absolutely rivals and everyone knows it.) Only time will tell if Welker actually does "screw" the Pats but it's clear what his intentions were.

Again....does no one realize that Welker WENT BACK TO NEW ENGLAND asking them to match Denvers deal. Not surpass it, but simply match it, so he would stay.

Welker, his agent, his lawyers, all knew the Pats could easily afford it, and they said nope, thanks but no thanks.

And then they gave DA the type of deal Welker has been asking BB for for 3 years.

It is what it is....I think this was mostly a business decision on both ends and is just getting overblown.

Welker wanted to make as much moolah as possible with a contender...Pats didn't want to pay him more than $5 mil a year. Simple as that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: