Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Broncos sign CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie for 1-year, $5M
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pats#1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:
eagles18 wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:
Vulcan_Prime wrote:
I think this is starting to pave the way for Elway and the front office to just go BPA on the draft. Not much more they can do in free agency now right? I mean A+ moves on every contract given out to need players.

Needed a DT: Signed Terrance Knighton for peanuts.
Needed a CB: Signed DRC in a prove it deal
Needed a G: Sign Vasquez and make a division rival weaker in the process.

And Welker was the cherry on the top and a little screw you to the patriots basically with a 2 year 12 million dollar deal that didn't break the bank.

Honestly couldn't envision a better (realistically) offseason myself, well done Elway. Applause Applause

Eh, not really, more the Pats said screw you to Welker than anything else...Welker went back to the Pats and asked them to match. They didn't, and then went and gave Amendola the contract Welker was hoping to get.

Now we'll just have to wait and see if the Pats made the right decision.

Yeah, but it is kinda a "in your face" move by Welker by going to the Broncos. They really are the only threat to the Patriot's championship dreams. Also, the Peyton/Tom rivalry has been going on for over a decade.

Perhaps...but the Pats got the last laugh by telling Welker to take a hike when he came back asking for them to match Denvers cheap offer. And on top of it, giving DA the contract that Welker has been asking for, for years.

That sounds kind of petty. And the last laugh will be had by the team who goes further in the playoffs I'd guess. Cool

I explained a bit more in my post above. I personally don't think this was some type of "Ima screw you over" deal on either side. I just think it was the right time for both sides to move on, because they clearly weren't on the same page with negotiations.

I was simply responding to the people that think Welker spat in the Pats face by going to Denver when they don't realize he asked the Pats to simply match their offer and he would stay, pretty much proving he would have rather stayed in NE.

I think the Pats obviously liked Welker, and respect the hell outta him, but they saw a hunger more athletic version of Welker in DA, and obviously believed that his injury "problems" wouldn't be carried over from St. Louis.

I think it was a win win for both Welker and Patriots. I wish him the best, just not against the Pats Laughing

Sig credit: Deadpulse
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clady
Decker
Beadles
Woodyard
Ayers
Walton

I want to resign Clady, Decker, Woodyard, at the very least.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
BLick12

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
DRC will be essentially the third corner behind Bailey and the man who is likely the best CB on the team right now, Chris Harris. Great to get him on a year deal. Denver has cap space because we have a smart GM and a guy in Mike Sullivan who is damn good at getting contracts worked properly

Bad for DRC's ego, if true. He made zero effort when he was playing in the slot for a year here with Samuel and Nmandi. Just a pathetic excuse for a football player. Played better in year 2 when he was on the outside, but was still fairly terrible. Can be a good cover corner at times but don't ask him to make a tackle, and when he lets up a catch you'll enjoy him pouting rather than getting the receiver to the ground. Couldn't be happier this bum is off the team. For all the hype Cards fans gave him, he couldn't have under delivered more. I would almost say they won the Kevin Kolb trade if not for the massive deal they retardedly gave to Kolb.

Another Ginger QB in the AFC North.

Looking forward to the "No Soul Bowl" twice a year
Patsfan01

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Bad for DRC's ego, if true. He made zero effort when he was playing in the slot for a year here with Samuel and Nmandi. Just a pathetic excuse for a football player. Played better in year 2 when he was on the outside, but was still fairly terrible. Can be a good cover corner at times but don't ask him to make a tackle, and when he lets up a catch you'll enjoy him pouting rather than getting the receiver to the ground. Couldn't be happier this bum is off the team. For all the hype Cards fans gave him, he couldn't have under delivered more. I would almost say they won the Kevin Kolb trade if not for the massive deal they retardedly gave to Kolb.

Agreed. Guy sucks. Doesn't put in any effort, can't cover in the slot, and I tackle better then he does. Denver's taking a big chance in a decent reward/high risk type of signing, but it definitely doesn't fix their issues in their secondary.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your description defiantly describes the DRC cards fans saw his last year here. It's a shame to, because he looked like such a stud his first two years here. And his tackling seemed to get worse and worse as time went on.

The talent is definitely there though, he just needs to put in more of an effort.

sig made by mike23md
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patsfan01 wrote:
Quote:

Agreed. Guy sucks. Doesn't put in any effort, can't cover in the slot, and I tackle better then he does. Denver's taking a big chance in a high reward/high risk type of signing, but it definitely doesn't fix their issues in their secondary.

FIFY
Malik

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember when everyone was calling DRC the best Cromartie in the league. Same with Nnamdi as the best corner in the NFL.
DawgX

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great signing! I've never been a big fan of DRC; I thought he was going to get more money then he's worth but $5 million for one year is a great deal for Denver. It's a "prove it" type of deal. Even if he has a good year but the Broncos still don't want to sign him to a long-term deal, this signing simply gives them time to find a long-term answer at cornerback.

Smack on the sig.
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love 1 year deals. Keep em in a contract year.

This could turn out to be a nice move.

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you win, he'll most likely play well. If you lose, watch him free fall.

Hammertime52 wrote:
I laughed way too hard at this Laughing they talked about the Dane like Robert Downey Jr talked about The Hulk in The Avengers

"We have the Dallas forum"
"We have a Dane"
eddie mac

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
DRC will be essentially the third corner behind Bailey and the man who is likely the best CB on the team right now, Chris Harris. Great to get him on a year deal. Denver has cap space because we have a smart GM and a guy in Mike Sullivan who is damn good at getting contracts worked properly

Harris has already tweeted he's playing the slot this year so he wont be 2. DRC will be.

Sig by Lil Uno thanks bro.
kramxel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't this what the Eagles did a couple years ago?
b_rent87

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drafting a CB in the first two rounds still isn't out of the question, if there is a BPA there. If DRC doesn't pan out he'll be gone and Harris and whoever is drafted will take over for Champ. It's a good deal for a one year contract.

Props to Jamison on the sig
Joe_is_the_best

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kramxel wrote:
Except that the Broncos didn't give up a 2nd round pick to get him

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe_is_the_best wrote:
kramxel wrote:
Except that the Broncos didn't give up a 2nd round pick to get him

We gave up kolb and got DRC and a 2nd....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: