Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cardinals officially release QB Kevin Kolb
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
The Raiders should sign him and cut Palmer.

Aren't we supposed to be going into a vertical offense? Don't get me wrong, he's better than Pryor but I'm not sure it would be the best fit. I know you're talking from a financial standpoint though.

I think Kolb will get a lot of interest from the Jets. Probably better than anyone they have atm.

CrapTakula wrote:
Cleveland steamer?

make sure you wash well.
shawn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was the only QB we had last year worthy of a Job, well maybe Hoyer as well... We will see about that one. But man, Kolb is fragile. In his two years here he was only healthy for like 12-13 games. And he was a dreadfully slow healer. An injury that was suppose to keep him out 4-6 weeks kept him out 12+ weeks...and who knows maybe he is still not fully recovered.

Wish him well, but he is not meant to be a starting QB in the NFL.

sig made by mike23md
oakdb36

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

Aren't we supposed to be going into a vertical offense? Don't get me wrong, he's better than Pryor but I'm not sure it would be the best fit. I know you're talking from a financial standpoint though.

http://www.tfdssports.com/2013-articles/january/by-the-numbers-oc-greg-olson-s-playcalling-tendencies.html

Quote:
The passes he called weren’t the long bombs that Al Davis would have loved, either. Over 86% of the passes thrown were 10 yards or less. That means that only about 14 of every 100 passes thrown were thrown to a spot 10 yards past the line of scrimmage. Even fewer were what many would term a “deep” pass (20 yards beyond the line of scrimmage).

The Bucs lived and died with a plethora of short passes – screens, slants, out routes – in which Josh Freeman would get the ball to his wide receivers, tight end, running back or fullback 3-8 yards downfield and placing it where the receivers could get down the field.

The Bucs did get a fair number of 10+ yard plays out of the short passes but fans looking for Olson to bring a Hue-Jackson-like, explosive, downfield passing game will likely come away disappointed.

RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kolbatron on the market. Most sought after QB now Twisted Evil

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
GMENNATION

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't see the Jets being able to afford him... I think people forget how bad of a cap situation the Jets are in. Yes, they are under the cap right now but they have a TON of holes. Both starting safeties signed elsewhere, they need a few starting LBs, 2 starting guards, possibly a starting RT, possibly a starting RB (unless they are handing the reigns to Powell, and even then they will need a decent backup), and they'd love to bring in atleast one new receiver... That's a ton of holes with not that much cap space. I anticipate he ends up with the Bills on a 1-2 year deal worth around 2-3 mil annually. More than he's worth but he plays the most important position on the field and teams happen to need QBs this offseason

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Geno Smith to the Cards in a trade-up?

If it means passing up on Eric Fisher, by all means I am for it. Laughing
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

http://www.tfdssports.com/2013-articles/january/by-the-numbers-oc-greg-olson-s-playcalling-tendencies.html

Quote:
The passes he called weren’t the long bombs that Al Davis would have loved, either. Over 86% of the passes thrown were 10 yards or less. That means that only about 14 of every 100 passes thrown were thrown to a spot 10 yards past the line of scrimmage. Even fewer were what many would term a “deep” pass (20 yards beyond the line of scrimmage).

The Bucs lived and died with a plethora of short passes – screens, slants, out routes – in which Josh Freeman would get the ball to his wide receivers, tight end, running back or fullback 3-8 yards downfield and placing it where the receivers could get down the field.

The Bucs did get a fair number of 10+ yard plays out of the short passes but fans looking for Olson to bring a Hue-Jackson-like, explosive, downfield passing game will likely come away disappointed.

Well that's all fine and dandy but that doesn't mean he's going to be exactly the same as back then. I guess neither of us has a real way of knowing what Olsen will be like though so its a moot point.

CrapTakula wrote:
Cleveland steamer?

make sure you wash well.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

Quote:

Well that's all fine and dandy but that doesn't mean he's going to be exactly the same as back then. I guess neither of us has a real way of knowing what Olsen will be like though so its a moot point.

It just means the vertical offense is far from a given.
atown703

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They gotta draft a QB

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:

If we dont draft Geno, id love to trade down with Arizona and get a pass rusher

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atown703 wrote:
They gotta draft a QB

At some stage they will, but Drew Stanton will start for AZ week one.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
EccentricFan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Art_Vandalay wrote:
With the Cards and Bills undoubtedly needing a QB and Jags and Raiders possibly in the hunt for one, the Chiefs shouldn't have any trouble trading down if they wanted to.

I've said this before, but I doubt either team is desperate enough to jump that far up. I think the highest possible trade up is with the Jags at #2, but I fully expect both teams to wait and see what the Raiders do and then look at their options with picks 4-6 if they plan to trade up.

I would still wager that the Lions and Browns are the two most likely teams to make a trade that nets their partner Geno.

The Chiefs best bet for trading down is with a team with their heart set on a non-QB.
DRC29 INT

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

want.gif

Bidding war between the Bills and Cards to get the Eagles pick? Yes please.

Dream. It's a guarantee the Cards won't trade up. Apparently it's more likely they draft O-line/pass rush.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DRC29 INT wrote:
RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

want.gif

Bidding war between the Bills and Cards to get the Eagles pick? Yes please.

Dream. It's a guarantee the Cards won't trade up. Apparently it's more likely they draft O-line/pass rush.

I see OT in round one and a QB in round two.
DRC29 INT

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:

I see OT in round one and a QB in round two.

Definitely possible/likely.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: