Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Seahawks sign former Bucs DE Michael Bennett to 1-year, $5M
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kaopr1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
El ramster wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
wow, that sounds way too short and way too low. Very weird.

Dude must want to live in Seattle.

No body want's that. Place is depressing.
Supes depressing. In the fall especially.

So many trees too. Who wants all that green in there life? The evergreen state, man. So little color.

THE REAL SEATTLE BRO! THAT PICK LASTED 5 MINS BEFORE THE RAIN FELL. IT'S A FACT THAT SEATTLE IS ONE OF THE MOST DEPRESSING CITIES IN EMRICA. THE SUICIDE RATE UP THERE IS BANANAS.

Source-Ramster.com

State Suicide Rates 2012:
http://www.afsp.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.viewpage&page_id=05114FBE-E445-7831-F0C1494E2FADB8EA
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 year $5 mil Shocked

Tampa offered him a deal but he said it was way too low....

What did Mark offer.... $3 mil a year?

I think he just left because he was pissed at that offer. I mean really how do you get much lower than $5mil

Mike Evans 57 - 935 - 10
Harper41

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why did the Bucs let him walk? Jeez. They're SUPER thin at DE now.

RTR
GFalcon wrote:
go saints
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
1 year $5 mil Shocked

I think he just left because he was pissed at that offer. I mean really how do you get much lower than $5mil
id bet a lot of money he was offered more than 5 mil per year.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
Plush

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After all those years of a having an awful franchise and wasted careers, it's looking like a superbowl appearance or two is going to be a gurantee this next decade

Not saying we're the dream team, but it's just the way everything is fitting into place. This team is going to be deadly. Not to mention the fact we've been top 10 (probably top 5) drafters since schneider joined us. This is just unreal
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
1 year $5 mil Shocked

Ya that's what I was trying to say. He probably just left because he felt we didn't appreciate him enough. Word was the top ends were looking to cash in, 8-10 per year. Sucking it up I guess, trying to shove it to us, who knows? Risky though, 1 year deal, could be his last.

Wish him all the best, at least he has a chance to win in it this year.

Mike Evans 57 - 935 - 10
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
1 year $5 mil Shocked

Also heard Mark question why he just showed up his contract year.

Bowers was drafted to be our starting end. The reason Bennett got his shot this year was because Bowers was injured.

Who knows, maybe we didn't offer him that much?

Mike Evans 57 - 935 - 10
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow that was cheap. Would have wanted us to go after him.

Seems like the early favorites are the Broncos, the Niners, and the Seahawks... on paper at least.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
96BucsBallin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, you picked up one heck of a DE. Wish him all the best.
Soul Glo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Soul Glo wrote:
I would've welcomed back to the Bucs for that deal, but probably was offended Bucs didn't offer a long term offer. I wouldn't mind it that much if Clayborn wasn't injured this year and Bowers could stay healthy, but I would've liked to keep him short term just for insurance that those two were healthy for a year.

Solid LDE, good against the run, some pass rushing ability but I don't think he'll top nine sacks like this season. Solid starter, good backup kinda. Short term deal too, not a bad get for Seattle at all.
Come on now. You franchised him in FFMD.

He probably wont get 9 sacks this year but that's because there's a better pass rush in Seattle. He'll see a lot of work out of the UT spot.

1. it's FFMD Laughing
2. I do think the Bucs should have brought him back for a short term deal in real life, hell with all the cap room we have, franchise tagging would not have been a bad idea. I would have love to bring him back with the same deal Seattle just gave him. Doesn't mean I think he's worth the money of the franchise tag, I just would have liked the insurance of keepin him as we're hoping Clayborn and Bowers stay healthy.

I don't see why your offended about saying he's not a great pass rusher, you've watched the guy... you know that. Not saying he can't get 9-10 sacks like he did last year, but that's not the best parts about his game and there's nothing wrong about that. It was good signing, Bennet's a good player. Don't know what's wrong with what I said?
Tooki

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soul Glo wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Soul Glo wrote:
I would've welcomed back to the Bucs for that deal, but probably was offended Bucs didn't offer a long term offer. I wouldn't mind it that much if Clayborn wasn't injured this year and Bowers could stay healthy, but I would've liked to keep him short term just for insurance that those two were healthy for a year.

Solid LDE, good against the run, some pass rushing ability but I don't think he'll top nine sacks like this season. Solid starter, good backup kinda. Short term deal too, not a bad get for Seattle at all.

He probably wont get 9 sacks this year but that's because there's a better pass rush in Seattle. He'll see a lot of work out of the UT spot.

1. it's FFMD Laughing
2. I do think the Bucs should have brought him back for a short term deal in real life, hell with all the cap room we have, franchise tagging would not have been a bad idea. I would have love to bring him back with the same deal Seattle just gave him. Doesn't mean I think he's worth the money of the franchise tag, I just would have liked the insurance of keepin him as we're hoping Clayborn and Bowers stay healthy.

I don't see why your offended about saying he's not a great pass rusher, you've watched the guy... you know that. Not saying he can't get 9-10 sacks like he did last year, but that's not the best parts about his game and there's nothing wrong about that. It was good signing, Bennet's a good player. Don't know what's wrong with what I said?

What Tat's might have been alluding to was that Bennett will play a lot of reps at LE in Seattle, where the player is essentially a 5-tech DE. He will stop the run first, but also push the pocket (which I think that Bennett will be more than capable of doing).

He is a better fit here than in TB and he could quite easily get 9-10 sacks.
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*thx green...

As for Bennett, John Schneider signed him, who am I to oppose a top 2-3 GM in the league?

The Rebuild Has Begun...

Last edited by DirtyDez on Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
green24

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^Can't talk about that stuff here.

I think what he is selling him on is that they have a potential championship caliber team on the rise.
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
Soul Glo wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Soul Glo wrote:

1. it's FFMD Laughing

What Tat's might have been alluding to was that Bennett will play a lot of reps at LE in Seattle, where the player is essentially a 5-tech DE. He will stop the run first, but also push the pocket (which I think that Bennett will be more than capable of doing).

He is a better fit here than in TB and he could quite easily get 9-10 sacks.

I don't think there's anything easy about getting 9 to 10 sacks. I'd say it's optimistic to say he'll "easily" get 9 to 10 sacks.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soul Glo wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Soul Glo wrote:

1. it's FFMD Laughing

What made you think I was offended in there? I agreed with you.. Laughing

I just thought it was funny that you were saying you would have liked to keep him in case Bowers or Clayborn got injured. You obviously don't franchise a backup. That was my way of saying it wouldn't appear you think of him as a backup.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: