You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

49ers negotiating with DBs Charles Woodson, Nnamdi Asomugha
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
49ersfan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
theJ wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
How do they have all this cap room plus enough to sign 14 picks???

Rest assured, they'll be cutting some guys in the coming years, or they'll lose some of their young talent. Money doesn't grow on trees in a salary cap league.

For now they're fine. Those 14 picks won't cost them much. But if they hit on even half of them, they're going to be very expensive in 2-3 years.

Well when Kaep wants his deal, they better be ready to tell him "sorry but this is it" or get those cuts ready. Smith is a FA after this season so he's bound to be gone but between Bowman, Willis, V Davis, Brooks, A Smith is going to want to be PAID in a couple years also... I just don't see how it'll all be possible when Kaep wants his deal b/c he's going to want a TON of money.

Then again, there is a reason I'm sitting at a desk looking out my window right now and not studying film LOL

Brooks, Bowman, Willis, and V Davis are are already locked up. Smith turns 34 next year, he probably won't get extended. Their priorities are kaep, Aldon, Crabtree, iupati, and A Davis. That's why they let Goldson and a bunch of other free agents sign elsewhere. Dorsey was cheap, it's likely these guys are relatively cheap on a short-term deal, the expensive guy was Boldin and he's signed only for this 1 year.
xXFlyteXx

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baalke is great and Paraag(spell check?) is great at spreading the money out. As for Namdi and Woodson i dont even see 8mil between them im thinking 5-6mil Namdi is still getting 4mil from the eagles no matter what and wants a ring bad. Woodson just wants to compete and have a shot at another ring these are not huge signings just stop gaps

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
Wow. Because of that front 7, I think those would be great signings.

This too is why I'd like these pickups. The front 7 will keep the QB moving and allow these 2 to make plays

exactly. Woodson & Nnamdi will be smart enough to take advantage of those opportunities.

JETS . HEAT . ATLANTA UNITED FC . UCLA/GEORGIA STATE .
nextsuperstar

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xXFlyteXx wrote:
Baalke is great and Paraag(spell check?) is great at spreading the money out. As for Namdi and Woodson i dont even see 8mil between them im thinking 5-6mil Namdi is still getting 4mil from the eagles no matter what and wants a ring bad. Woodson just wants to compete and have a shot at another ring these are not huge signings just stop gaps

I would think Nmandi gets 7 or 8 million. Of course all of the DBs have signed for less than expected so far, so I could be wrong.
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could see Nnamdi being a good addition to SF... they play man coverage usually, right?

Nacho Simulation Football League
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waited all day for nnamdi to sign and the he left hw really late Crying or Very sad
Just take what they're offering you please. Iggles are already paying you 4 or whatever

new sig... sorry alex
darnell

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure this would be in the Niners best interest. I would imagine a priority for their DBs would be able to run with guys like Harvin,Tate, Givens and Fitzgerald.. or Jordy Nelson, Julio Jones in a playoff game.
49ersfan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darnell wrote:
I'm not sure this would be in the Niners best interest. I would imagine a priority for their DBs would be able to run with guys like Harvin,Tate, Givens and Fitzgerald.. or Jordy Nelson, Julio Jones in a playoff game.

Supposedly the priority is to get a big CB.
49ersfan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nextsuperstar wrote:
xXFlyteXx wrote:

I would think Nmandi gets 7 or 8 million. Of course all of the DBs have signed for less than expected so far, so I could be wrong.

He won't get that in this market nor will San Fran pay him that much.
BenchSanchez

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darnell wrote:

For DB's technique will always be superior to pure speed. Nnamdi and Woodson have the technique.

Nnamdi would be a solid signing for anyone playing a lot of man. I like Woodson but he's a bit injury prone. I still would sign both if I could.

New York Jets Rutgers Scarlet Knights Brooklyn Nets New York Mets
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the point of adding all of those old guys? Just because they're 1st round picks?

Kiltman on the sig
eagles18

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a very overrated defense. Aldon Smith didn't do anything without Justin Smith in front of him, Whitner is garbage, and the cornerbacks are average at best. Willis and Bowman are the only ones that are elite. The media hype is what is scaring people not the D itself. To be honest, i would be more worried about the Seahawks defense than the 9ers.. Also, Woodson and Asomugha are old, and aren't the players they once were. the 9ers should stick to what they've been doing, build through the draft.
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
What's the point of adding all of those old guys? Just because they're 1st round picks?

Yes that's why, because they're former 1st round picks... (nevermind the dane, he must have escaped the eagles forum again)

These would be great signings, not like these guys would be starting. Very high quality back-ups.
UofMfan909

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles18 wrote:
This is a very overrated defense. Aldon Smith didn't do anything without Justin Smith in front of him, Whitner is garbage, and the cornerbacks are average at best. Willis and Bowman are the only ones that are elite. The media hype is what is scaring people not the D itself. To be honest, i would be more worried about the Seahawks defense than the 9ers.. Also, Woodson and Asomugha are old, and aren't the players they once were. the 9ers should stick to what they've been doing, build through the draft.

Justin Smith isn't elite?

Three elite players on one defense usually makes a pretty damn good defense. Especially when there are very good players surrounding them.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles18 wrote:

You know you can still build through the draft and sign FAs right? We have like 72 draft picks this year, we'll be fine. Also not a bad idea to sign vets to 1-2 year deals and have the young guys learn from them.

kiltman on the sig

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: