Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

49ers negotiating with DBs Charles Woodson, Nnamdi Asomugha
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SFaithful97

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UofMfan909 wrote:
eagles18 wrote:
This is a very overrated defense. Aldon Smith didn't do anything without Justin Smith in front of him, Whitner is garbage, and the cornerbacks are average at best. Willis and Bowman are the only ones that are elite. The media hype is what is scaring people not the D itself. To be honest, i would be more worried about the Seahawks defense than the 9ers.. Also, Woodson and Asomugha are old, and aren't the players they once were. the 9ers should stick to what they've been doing, build through the draft.

Justin Smith isn't elite?

Three elite players on one defense usually makes a pretty damn good defense. Especially when there are very good players surrounding them.
That and being top 5 against both the run and the pass.... No not very good.

MAC DRE wrote:
I'd rather have young Wagner and Wright going forward than Willis and Bowman.
neezy007

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cali2Wisco wrote:
eagles18 wrote:
This is a very overrated defense. Aldon Smith didn't do anything without Justin Smith in front of him, Whitner is garbage, and the cornerbacks are average at best. Willis and Bowman are the only ones that are elite. The media hype is what is scaring people not the D itself. To be honest, i would be more worried about the Seahawks defense than the 9ers.. Also, Woodson and Asomugha are old, and aren't the players they once were. the 9ers should stick to what they've been doing, build through the draft.

You know you can still build through the draft and sign FAs right? We have like 72 draft picks this year, we'll be fine. Also not a bad idea to sign vets to 1-2 year deals and have the young guys learn from them.

Aldon Smith was also hurt at the end of the season.

9ers media hype? Sure, "dream team"
chamilitary

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neezy007 wrote:
Cali2Wisco wrote:
eagles18 wrote:

You know you can still build through the draft and sign FAs right? We have like 72 draft picks this year, we'll be fine. Also not a bad idea to sign vets to 1-2 year deals and have the young guys learn from them.

Aldon Smith was also hurt at the end of the season.

9ers media hype? Sure, "dream team"
nobody knows how to build a team like the dream team am i right?
FG21_PW52

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MARIO MANGELINI wrote:
DetroitSpirit wrote:
Do you know what 49ers? Stop trying to add every good defender, you're too overpowered.

LOL you really think Aso and Woodson are still good?

Nnamdi's still got it, horribly misused in Philly. Woodson, idk, I guess we'll see...
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FG21_PW52 wrote:
MARIO MANGELINI wrote:
DetroitSpirit wrote:
Do you know what 49ers? Stop trying to add every good defender, you're too overpowered.

Nnamdi's still got it, horribly misused in Philly. Woodson, idk, I guess we'll see...

Nnamdi wasn't misused in the 2nd half of the year. Just straight up blew.
FG21_PW52

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles18 wrote:

14 draft picks says we are building thru the draft. we are picking up bits and pieces thru FA. Notice that basically everyone we have acquired is older? they won't be here long, just long enough to win a ring.
FG21_PW52

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
FG21_PW52 wrote:
MARIO MANGELINI wrote:
DetroitSpirit wrote:

the second half of one year, in a 2 year stint? on a team that blew, that he gave up on? Laughing c'mon, he's now coming to an immediate contender, back where he grew up and played college ball and the first 8 years of his career? he'll show up...
rickyt31

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason, when I think of Woodson at FS behind a great front 7, I keep thinking about Darren Sharper and his great year with the Saints. I'm not matching front 7's. I'm looking at how productive Woodson can be for the right defense. He still has the range to make plays and won't have to worry about playing the run as much with a team like that.
P-52

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles18 wrote:

do some research before you talk dude

Aldon played with a torn labrum towards the end of the season

got surgery after the Super Bowl

Jim Harbaugh's reaction to bloody Ahmad Brooks' helmetless sack: “Loved it, loved it. Wish he would have come and wiped some on my cheek.”
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
On Aldon Smith: His torn labrum landed him on Injury Report Weeks 12-17. Had no sacks in last 6 games. Timetable for recovery unclear

To be fair, not like this was reported beforehand anyways.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aldon is a true ron swanson. when he was being questioned about his lack of sacks he never used his torn labrum as an excuse.
incognito_man

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
FG21_PW52 wrote:
MARIO MANGELINI wrote:
DetroitSpirit wrote:

weren't you the guy saying Nnamdi was the #1 CB in the league when you signed him?

I remember it, it was you, don't lie.
kmvoss

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really, really hope this happens. 49ers are one of my favourite teams and this would be fun to watch.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
He still has the range to make plays and won't have to worry about playing the run as much with a team like that.
This is the exact opposite of what is true. Woodson can still play the run, but is completely useless in coverage and has lost his legs, he has 0 speed.
Harper41

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
FG21_PW52 wrote:
MARIO MANGELINI wrote:
DetroitSpirit wrote:

weren't you the guy saying Nnamdi was the #1 CB in the league when you signed him?

I remember it, it was you, don't lie.

Well...Nnamdi and Revis were 1A and 1B when the Eagles signed him. I'm not sure what you're getting at here.

RTR
GFalcon wrote:
go saints

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: