Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dolphis sign former Jets TE Dustin Keller to 1-year, $4.5M
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 40502
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
Quote:
Last year's injury guided Dustin Keller to just sign a one-year, $4.25 million deal with the Dolphins. Jets couldn't afford him.


http://twitter.com/ClaytonESPN/statuses/312596673778040832
_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
daniel3


Joined: 04 Mar 2007
Posts: 757
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
kmvoss wrote:
Anyone think Miami is going anywhere with half their roster coming from FA?


I think they are setting themselves up for a lot of cuts next offseason...


Yeah, that's sort of the point. They're likely to have 7 draft choices (5 in first 3 rounds) in the first four rounds come draft night. What would be point of that if we are just going to stock up on veterans.


Last edited by daniel3 on Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Warpticon


Joined: 21 May 2010
Posts: 1587
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/ClaytonESPN/status/312596673778040832

Deal is 1 year, $4.25 million.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
patdt13


Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Posts: 8846
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daniel3 wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
kmvoss wrote:
Anyone think Miami is going anywhere with half their roster coming from FA?


I think they are setting themselves up for a lot of cuts next offseason...


Yeah, that's sort of the point. They're likely to have 7 draft choices (5 in first 3 rounds) in the first four rounds come draft night. What would be point of that if we are just going to stock up on veterans.


We need CB's and Oline help too.........
_________________

#TeamMeowgatron
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EliteTexan80


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 30 Apr 2007
Posts: 38133
Location: Three time Mr. fanTASTic!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Emerica wrote:
kmvoss wrote:
Anyone think Miami is going anywhere with half their roster coming from FA?


4 guys.. Laughing Laughing

I like this. Low risk, potentially high reward.


4 is half of 53....wait....no that doesn't sound right...

I guess we can say starters...

4 is half of 22....nope....not right either...

4 isn't even half of a baseball teams starting line-up....


However, you're one 7 footer away from fielding a decent basketball team. Laughing

I get where he's coming from - there's a lot of FAs looking to start for the 'fins - but it isn't as if these offers are just some "showroom floor" purchases, if you would; It's more than flash and cash, these are needs being addressed. The team doesn't have a downfield threat for Ryan Tannehill, so they go out and get Mike Wallace. The team needed to find a new TE, so they bring in Keller. Karlos Dansby and Kevin Burnett weren't getting the job done, bring in Dannell Ellerbie.

The 'fins lost Jake Long, Reggie Bush, Anthony Fasano and Sean Smith. Expecting them to fill these roles STRICTLY through the draft, as well as filling outstanding needs is too short sighted.
_________________


vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
TheWarriorFins


Joined: 12 Oct 2012
Posts: 390
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Emerica wrote:
kmvoss wrote:
Anyone think Miami is going anywhere with half their roster coming from FA?


4 guys.. Laughing Laughing

I like this. Low risk, potentially high reward.


4 is half of 53....wait....no that doesn't sound right...

I guess we can say starters...

4 is half of 22....nope....not right either...

4 isn't even half of a baseball teams starting line-up....


However, you're one 7 footer away from fielding a decent basketball team. Laughing

I get where he's coming from - there's a lot of FAs looking to start for the 'fins - but it isn't as if these offers are just some "showroom floor" purchases, if you would; It's more than flash and cash, these are needs being addressed. The team doesn't have a downfield threat for Ryan Tannehill, so they go out and get Mike Wallace. The team needed to find a new TE, so they bring in Keller. Karlos Dansby and Kevin Burnett weren't getting the job done, bring in Dannell Ellerbie.

The 'fins lost Jake Long, Reggie Bush, Anthony Fasano and Sean Smith. Expecting them to fill these roles STRICTLY through the draft, as well as filling outstanding needs is too short sighted.


These 2 I was happy with leaving TBH, should be easily replaced in the draft. Luckily we have 5 picks in the first 3 rounds. Also the Heat are the best team so I'm not sure how getting them a 7 footer would downgrade them to a decent team lol. Btw I heard we are estimated to still be around 16 mil in cap space still.


Last edited by TheWarriorFins on Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BenchSanchez


Joined: 27 Jan 2012
Posts: 1345
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really sad about this. I like Keller a lot, very underrated TE.
_________________

New York Jets Rutgers Scarlet Knights Brooklyn Nets New York Mets
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BP


Joined: 14 Feb 2011
Posts: 2323
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

miami should be decent in 2013 but i doubt theyre going very far past the regular season. still should make things semi interesting in the afc east this go-around.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Warpticon


Joined: 21 May 2010
Posts: 1587
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, to be clear, Long isn't gone yet, and word on the street is the Dolphins are still trying to convince him to stay, on their terms of course. (that whole no income tax thing always helps in a tie, heh)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EliteTexan80


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 30 Apr 2007
Posts: 38133
Location: Three time Mr. fanTASTic!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheWarriorFins wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Emerica wrote:
kmvoss wrote:
Anyone think Miami is going anywhere with half their roster coming from FA?


4 guys.. Laughing Laughing

I like this. Low risk, potentially high reward.


4 is half of 53....wait....no that doesn't sound right...

I guess we can say starters...

4 is half of 22....nope....not right either...

4 isn't even half of a baseball teams starting line-up....


However, you're one 7 footer away from fielding a decent basketball team. Laughing

I get where he's coming from - there's a lot of FAs looking to start for the 'fins - but it isn't as if these offers are just some "showroom floor" purchases, if you would; It's more than flash and cash, these are needs being addressed. The team doesn't have a downfield threat for Ryan Tannehill, so they go out and get Mike Wallace. The team needed to find a new TE, so they bring in Keller. Karlos Dansby and Kevin Burnett weren't getting the job done, bring in Dannell Ellerbie.

The 'fins lost Jake Long, Reggie Bush, Anthony Fasano and Sean Smith. Expecting them to fill these roles STRICTLY through the draft, as well as filling outstanding needs is too short sighted.


These 2 I was happy with leaving TBH, should be easily replaced in the draft. Luckily we have 5 picks in the first 3 rounds. Also the Heat are the best team so I'm not sure how getting them a 7 footer would downgrade them to a decent team lol


I was talking about the FA signings as a basketball team. Wink
_________________


vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Warpticon


Joined: 21 May 2010
Posts: 1587
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And shortly after my last post, it's being reported that Long is leaving St. Louis with no deal.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheWarriorFins


Joined: 12 Oct 2012
Posts: 390
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BP wrote:
miami should be decent in 2013 but i doubt theyre going very far past the regular season. still should make things semi interesting in the afc east this go-around.

but you said not so long ago we would win the division Sad

BP wrote:
and in other news, the pats aren't winning the division this season...

yes im serious. the dolphins are adding all the right pieces to their system in all the right positions. they'll be a division contender and likely be in the playoffs next year. i think they'll give the pats a run for their money and win out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheWarriorFins


Joined: 12 Oct 2012
Posts: 390
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
TheWarriorFins wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Emerica wrote:
kmvoss wrote:
Anyone think Miami is going anywhere with half their roster coming from FA?


4 guys.. Laughing Laughing

I like this. Low risk, potentially high reward.


4 is half of 53....wait....no that doesn't sound right...

I guess we can say starters...

4 is half of 22....nope....not right either...

4 isn't even half of a baseball teams starting line-up....


However, you're one 7 footer away from fielding a decent basketball team. Laughing

I get where he's coming from - there's a lot of FAs looking to start for the 'fins - but it isn't as if these offers are just some "showroom floor" purchases, if you would; It's more than flash and cash, these are needs being addressed. The team doesn't have a downfield threat for Ryan Tannehill, so they go out and get Mike Wallace. The team needed to find a new TE, so they bring in Keller. Karlos Dansby and Kevin Burnett weren't getting the job done, bring in Dannell Ellerbie.

The 'fins lost Jake Long, Reggie Bush, Anthony Fasano and Sean Smith. Expecting them to fill these roles STRICTLY through the draft, as well as filling outstanding needs is too short sighted.


These 2 I was happy with leaving TBH, should be easily replaced in the draft. Luckily we have 5 picks in the first 3 rounds. Also the Heat are the best team so I'm not sure how getting them a 7 footer would downgrade them to a decent team lol


I was talking about the FA signings as a basketball team. Wink
ah lol, birdman was arguably are best pickup in FA tho oh my goodness what an impact he's had
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheWarriorFins


Joined: 12 Oct 2012
Posts: 390
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warpticon wrote:
And shortly after my last post, it's being reported that Long is leaving St. Louis with no deal.
Sweet we still have cap room too
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
skrILL


Joined: 29 Jul 2011
Posts: 3575
Location: El ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one hurts honestly. I loved Keller and now I have to route against him. Good thing it's only a one year deal.
_________________

N E W Y O R K J E T S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group