Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Patriots host RFA Steelers WR Emmanuel Sanders
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Medula Amendola wrote:
Confirmed: Sanders has an offer sheet from the #Patriots, meetings concluded for the day

https://twitter.com/_ErikaLeigh

They've given him an offer sheet, doesn't mention if he's actually signed it yet...

She retweeted a guy with 300 followers... not sure it's legit.
Tom Brady Tribute
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Medula Amendola wrote:
Confirmed: Sanders has an offer sheet from the #Patriots, meetings concluded for the day

https://twitter.com/_ErikaLeigh

They've given him an offer sheet, doesn't mention if he's actually signed it yet...

He will sign it.

I have pretty much no doubt.

He is a good fit for the Pats offense. Not sure he will progress to much, but he will have every chance there.

Damn.
He brings nothing to this offense that this team doesn't already have. He's like Lloyd with worse hands. Don't like the idea of signing him at all.

He isnt like Lloyd at all. Not saying he is better, but they are two different players.

Im not saying you dont have anything like him....just saying he is a solid fit for your offense.

simonwayne wrote:
We ain't got nothing man, just a chiefs win, thats all you get...And next week it will be wash, rinse, repeat.
Rygar

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GFalcon wrote:
steelers are having a HORRIBLE offseason

Actually, I'm happy with the off-season so far. The Steelers might actually give Ben Roethlisberger some high-quality offensive weapons for a change. And the only part of the defense that still needs a youth infusion is the secondary, particularly at the S positions, which this draft is stacked with.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure why the Pats want Sanders...I don't like the front loaded contract, and giving up a third for a guy who probably won't play much for them but hey, I could be wrong, maybe BB sees something I don't. This deal would also cripple the Patriots ability to sign other players in much more needed areas.
nextsuperstar

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HootersPatrol wrote:
Not sure why the Pats want Sanders...I don't like the front loaded contract, and giving up a third for a guy who probably won't play much for them but hey, I could be wrong, maybe BB sees something I don't. This deal would also cripple the Patriots ability to sign other players in much more needed areas.

They have tons of cap room.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rygar wrote:
GFalcon wrote:
steelers are having a HORRIBLE offseason

Actually, I'm happy with the off-season so far. The Steelers might actually give Ben Roethlisberger some high-quality offensive weapons for a change. And the only part of the defense that still needs a youth infusion is the secondary, particularly at the S positions, which this draft is stacked with.

Im sorry, but I dont get this.

Ben has had some very nice weapons. More than alot of other teams have had.

He hasnt had any Calvin Johnson or Adrian Peterson type talents around him, but its not like he has been playing with scrubs. Hines Ward, Santonio Holmes, Heath Miller, Mike Wallace and Antonio Brown....all good/very good targets....and guys like Plax, Rashard Mendenhall and Willie Parker werent bad either.

In fact...this year he may very well have less weapons than he ever has in his career.

simonwayne wrote:
We ain't got nothing man, just a chiefs win, thats all you get...And next week it will be wash, rinse, repeat.
ukdolfan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HootersPatrol wrote:

I haven't seen the terms of the offer but because the Steelers have little cap space (and the Pats a lot) frontloading the deal with a high cap number in the first year should prevent PIT matching.

^ Jamison on the sig.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ukdolfan wrote:
HootersPatrol wrote:

I haven't seen the terms of the offer but because the Steelers have little cap space (and the Pats a lot) frontloading the deal with a high cap number in the first year should prevent PIT matching.

Not sure the Steelers would either way.

If our FO was sold on him, they wouldve put a higher tender on him.

I like Sanders....he still has room to grow...but he isnt exactly a proven commodity.

simonwayne wrote:
Bobikus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I don't really care either way on this. Sanders has some nice potential and is part of our currently declining depth at the position, but he's not proven much and another 3rd round pick would be nice.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Steelers roster is quickly crumbling.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
The Steelers roster is quickly crumbling.

Wallace is the only big loss imo and I wouldn't want to see the Steelers pay him what Miami did anyway.
BP

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sanders has signed an offer sheet with New England

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2013/3/15/4109966/emmanuel-sanders-contract-offer-sheet-from-new-england-patriots-steelers

most likely expected to be a pat next season at that...

good im a satisfied pats fan right now Smile
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Comcast NE reports he has signed an offer sheet.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2013/3/15/4109966/emmanuel-sanders-contract-offer-sheet-from-new-england-patriots-steelers
BP

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
Comcast NE reports he has signed an offer sheet.

way to steel but just a moment too late amigo Wink
patman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ukdolfan wrote:
HootersPatrol wrote:

My understanding is that in the last CBA it makes it easier for the original team to match.

Say the pats gave him a 3 year 10 mill deal with a 1 mill sb and 3 years at 5,2,2. for a first year cap hit of 6mill which is hard for pitt to match.

Pitt deal could be a 6mill bonus and and salaries of .5 , 1.5 and 2. for a cap hit of 2.5mill. Sanders gets the same money the first year and the union would be ok with it.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: