Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jennings is a Viking
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
X_Factor_40


Moderator
Joined: 24 Oct 2005
Posts: 18870
Location: Hockeytown
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like this signing for the Vikings. He gives them a true #1 target that should help the entire offense. It'll be a good security blanket for Ponder, it'll help take pressure off of Peterson, and it will help round out that offense by improving the WR group. Ponder may or may not be the long term answer depending on who you ask, but they're surrounding him with the necessary pieces to be successful. It'll be interesting to watch how things play out. Hopefully not very well against the Lions, at least. Wink
_________________
Team Stylish313
Adopt-A-Lion: Calvin Johnson
Adopt-A-Lion: Stylish313
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 49746
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atari-XXX wrote:
Uncle Buck wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
Kempes wrote:
Can I get a "ooooooooh controversial"?


No, but you can get a typical Vikings.

Typical Vikings.


We could also give you a "Typical Ted". Too cheap to pay his good players so he lets them slip away to the competition. Apparently good old Ted "Ebeniezer" Thompson wasn't willing to open the checkbook to sign a running back like Steven Jackson either. Typical...


How many SB rings have all those FA signings and trades gotten the Vikings over the last 5-10 years? Jared Allen, Favre, Berrian, Sharper.

But hey, take a good look at Jennings' SB ring. It's the closest at seeing a SB ring that most Vikings players will ever get to. Laughing




Seriously?


Give it a rest already
_________________


AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 49746
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
I really like this signing for the Vikings. He gives them a true #1 target that should help the entire offense. It'll be a good security blanket for Ponder, it'll help take pressure off of Peterson, and it will help round out that offense by improving the WR group. Ponder may or may not be the long term answer depending on who you ask, but they're surrounding him with the necessary pieces to be successful. It'll be interesting to watch how things play out. Hopefully not very well against the Lions, at least. Wink



I concur. Really solid deal. I wouldn't be surprised if he got better overall numbers. Finally has a true run game in Peterson. QB play dips but he should get more targets.

Gonna be fun to watch
_________________


AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vikingsrule


Moderator
Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Posts: 47893
Location: Land of 10,000 Lakes!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
Seriously?


Give it a rest already


Its a last resort argument when there is really nothing further to add to a conversation. Kind of a cop out in avoiding logical and relevant discussions.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 73763
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atari-XXX wrote:
How many SB rings have all those FA signings and trades gotten the Vikings over the last 5-10 years? Jared Allen, Favre, Berrian, Sharper.

But hey, take a good look at Jennings' SB ring. It's the closest at seeing a SB ring that most Vikings players will ever get to. Laughing

troll comment.
_________________


Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nugpimpen


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 20477
Location: 10 Miles South of Cleveland
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Atari-XXX wrote:
How many SB rings have all those FA signings and trades gotten the Vikings over the last 5-10 years? Jared Allen, Favre, Berrian, Sharper.

But hey, take a good look at Jennings' SB ring. It's the closest at seeing a SB ring that most Vikings players will ever get to. Laughing

troll comment.


And people wonder why fanbases get lumped together on this site.
_________________


IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vulcan_Prime


Joined: 07 Dec 2010
Posts: 200
Location: New York
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
Atari-XXX wrote:
How many SB rings have all those FA signings and trades gotten the Vikings over the last 5-10 years? Jared Allen, Favre, Berrian, Sharper.

But hey, take a good look at Jennings' SB ring. It's the closest at seeing a SB ring that most Vikings players will ever get to. Laughing

troll comment.


And people wonder why fanbases get lumped together on this site.


I've been under the impression that we shouldn't talk about other fanbases. Don't know why this topic hasn't been closed yet, it's just degenerated at this point so I'll try to bring it back on track I guess?

Would this move by the Vikings still stop them from drafting a wide receiver in the first round? Just curious because it's Jennings, Simpson and Rudolph who is a TE right?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VikeADunn


Joined: 20 Mar 2010
Posts: 5907
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vulcan_Prime wrote:

Would this move by the Vikings still stop them from drafting a wide receiver in the first round? Just curious because it's Jennings, Simpson and Rudolph who is a TE right?


I don't think so
_________________


[quote="tylerdouglass"]VikeADunn, you're my hero.[/quote]

2013 Adopt-A-Viking: DT Sharrif Floyd
Tk: 2 Sk: Stf: PD: 2 FF/FR:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 73763
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vulcan_Prime wrote:
Don't know why this topic hasn't been closed yet, it's just degenerated at this point so I'll try to bring it back on track I guess?

there are plenty of sensible, well articulated posts in here.
_________________


Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vikingsrule


Moderator
Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Posts: 47893
Location: Land of 10,000 Lakes!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vulcan_Prime wrote:
Would this move by the Vikings still stop them from drafting a wide receiver in the first round? Just curious because it's Jennings, Simpson and Rudolph who is a TE right?


Wright in the slot.

Jennings at one outside spot.

There is still a need for another outside receiver, and MN should still use a first rd pick on a WR, if there is good value.

Simpson should be the 4th WR.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ryank50


Joined: 16 Apr 2006
Posts: 491
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jennings is going to tear it up
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ketchup


Joined: 13 May 2009
Posts: 13914
Location: Milwaukee, WI
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
Atari-XXX wrote:
How many SB rings have all those FA signings and trades gotten the Vikings over the last 5-10 years? Jared Allen, Favre, Berrian, Sharper.

But hey, take a good look at Jennings' SB ring. It's the closest at seeing a SB ring that most Vikings players will ever get to. Laughing

troll comment.


And people wonder why fanbases get lumped together on this site.
Your point is? Fans still shouldn't ever be lumped together just because they rout for the same team. Read throughout the thread and you'll see I've praised the Vikings get of Jennings and have gone as far as to call out some of my fellow Pack fans because I didn't get the hate towards Jennings.

But I should be lumped in with the Packer fans who don't like it and are trying to troll just because I rout for the same team? I don't think so. And it's annoying to boot.
_________________

Kempes on the custom sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Vikefan79


Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 29761
Location: Atlanta
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
Atari-XXX wrote:
How many SB rings have all those FA signings and trades gotten the Vikings over the last 5-10 years? Jared Allen, Favre, Berrian, Sharper.

But hey, take a good look at Jennings' SB ring. It's the closest at seeing a SB ring that most Vikings players will ever get to. Laughing

troll comment.


And people wonder why fanbases get lumped together on this site.
Your point is? Fans still shouldn't ever be lumped together just because they rout for the same team. Read throughout the thread and you'll see I've praised the Vikings get of Jennings and have gone as far as to call out some of my fellow Pack fans because I didn't get the hate towards Jennings.

But I should be lumped in with the Packer fans who don't like it and are trying to troll just because I rout for the same team? I don't think so. And it's annoying to boot.


Ketchup I think anyone that reads your posts will come to the realization that you tell it like it is and there is very little homerism if ever when it comes to your viewpoint. I thoroughly enjoy reading your posts. I don't always agree but I always take a step back and reevaluate my position before coming to a conclusion. Keep up the great posts!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ketchup


Joined: 13 May 2009
Posts: 13914
Location: Milwaukee, WI
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
And people wonder why fanbases get lumped together on this site.
Your point is? Fans still shouldn't ever be lumped together just because they rout for the same team. Read throughout the thread and you'll see I've praised the Vikings get of Jennings and have gone as far as to call out some of my fellow Pack fans because I didn't get the hate towards Jennings.

But I should be lumped in with the Packer fans who don't like it and are trying to troll just because I rout for the same team? I don't think so. And it's annoying to boot.


Ketchup I think anyone that reads your posts will come to the realization that you tell it like it is and there is very little homerism if ever when it comes to your viewpoint. I thoroughly enjoy reading your posts. I don't always agree but I always take a step back and reevaluate my position before coming to a conclusion. Keep up the great posts!!
Thanks! Really appreciate it. Always try to look at things outside of the world of Packers. Doesn't mean I've never had my homer moments because I have but I try to limit them.

Anyway, didn't want to highjack the thread but comments like what nugpimpen said really gets to me. I hate the generalization and lumping people into one group. Biggest pet peeve here on FF.
_________________

Kempes on the custom sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
SaveourSonics


Joined: 20 Apr 2008
Posts: 45415
Location: Sleepless in Seattle
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
JDBrocks wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Here's the reason I don't like deals like this. You're essentially paying the player for what they have already done and not for what you expect them to do. Jennings is worth no where near that type of money for the type of production realistic onlookers should expect. The Vikings are pretty much paying him for what he did with the Packers and not necessarily for what they expect he'll do for them.

I wholeheartedly disagree with this. Pure conjecture on your part.

nor does it make any sense, given what some Seattle fans have said about Harvin's pay vs his expectations. at least one of them hopes he'll get 1000 yards and 10 tds. that's pretty close to what he did for the Vikings, yet we paid him $2,000,000 a season while Seattle would be paying him $10,000,000 for the same.

another example would be Sidney Rice. I don't remember what he's paid right now but he only had 750 yards or so of production last year. he obviously was hired and is being paid based on what he did previously for another team, and mainly in 2009.

i'm not in any way comparing Harvin to Jennings because they are different players having different roles on their teams now, but i am comparing the statement of what they're paid vs what they are expected to produce.


Talk about some awful logic.

If Harvin plays pretty much on the same level we saw him at last year for us, he is absolutely worth the money. He's a player that has obviously outperformed his rookie contract, but that doesn't mean he's getting paid for what he's done. He's still expected to perform at that level or higher considering how young he is. OBVIOUSLY the Vikings paid him less to do so because he was on a rookie deal...just as you'll see with any rookie that outperforms their contract.

And with Sidney Rice you're simply using the power of 20/20 hindsight Laughing Has Sidney played to the worth of his contract? Absolutely not. Had we HOPED he would play at his peak level in Minnesota and perhaps even progressed? Yes, that's what we were paying for. His potential progression. Did it pay off? Nope, although this past season we did see a number of flashes of Sidney showing that #1 ability we were hoping for.

Difference between those examples and Greg Jennings is that (I hope) the Vikings aren't (shouldn't be) expecting Jennings to perform at his peak level or progress from there. He is not a player that is currently a ascending but rather descending. With that in mind, this big contract is essentially paying him for what he's already done, because the player you're going to get on the field (most likely) is not going to be worth that money.
_________________
'
Richard D!ck Sherman 4 Prez
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 21 of 22

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group