Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pit WR Emmanuel Sanders has signed an offer sheet with Pats
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrry32

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

goldfishwars wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
goldfishwars wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
A 3rd for Sanders? IMO, Steelers got the better deal.

Who is going to available at the end on the 3rd that will be a better player in the immediate than Emmanuel Sanders? This is a no brainer deal for us, he can start right away.

In this WR class? Who knows which WR will be available but I'd say one of Stedman Bailey, Chris Harper, Quinton Patton, Markus Wheaton or Da'Rick Rogers. And some other people are partial to Aaron Dobson.

Most of those will be long gone by the time we pick late in the 3rd. Others won't be ready to play on Sundays to the same standard or won't be the fit Sanders if for our team - plus he as the return ability we're obviously coveting. I know it's a deep class, but with our record of developing receivers - I'm taking a young NFL ready talent in FA every time.

This class is too deep. I doubt we have 15 WRs go before that pick.

Yes, some of those guys will go Round 2. But it's too hard to tell which ones will drop. That said, I'd happily take that 3rd.

Give me Stedman Bailey and I'm loving the pick.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Selkiesxx

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im with jrry on this one. I do not understand this move.

Sanders is not really a special talent. Surely the Pats could have gotten a better WR than this in a trade or in the draft. Heck, I'd take Connor Vernon over Emmanuel Sanders,

@BodamEscapePlan (Twitter)
armsteeld

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Selkiesxx wrote:
Im with jrry on this one. I do not understand this move.

Sanders is not really a special talent. Surely the Pats could have gotten a better WR than this in a trade or in the draft. Heck, I'd take Connor Vernon over Emmanuel Sanders,

Seriously? I am not the biggest Sanders' fan but Connor over Emmanuel? Laughing Laughing Laughing

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
goldfishwars wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
goldfishwars wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

Who is going to available at the end on the 3rd that will be a better player in the immediate than Emmanuel Sanders? This is a no brainer deal for us, he can start right away.

In this WR class? Who knows which WR will be available but I'd say one of Stedman Bailey, Chris Harper, Quinton Patton, Markus Wheaton or Da'Rick Rogers. And some other people are partial to Aaron Dobson.

Most of those will be long gone by the time we pick late in the 3rd. Others won't be ready to play on Sundays to the same standard or won't be the fit Sanders if for our team - plus he as the return ability we're obviously coveting. I know it's a deep class, but with our record of developing receivers - I'm taking a young NFL ready talent in FA every time.

Yes, some of those guys will go Round 2. But it's too hard to tell which ones will drop. That said, I'd happily take that 3rd.

I don't disagree, but there aren't many 3rd round receivers who go onto do anything in the NFL and there's no guarantee that the guys who fall into that range will be ready to play or are a fit for what we do. We're down to the barest bones.
jrry32

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

goldfishwars wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
goldfishwars wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
goldfishwars wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

I don't disagree, but there aren't many 3rd round receivers who go onto do anything in the NFL and there's no guarantee that the guys who fall into that range will be ready to play or are a fit for what we do. We're down to the barest bones.

Then tell Bill to give me a call. I have a pretty strong track record with WRs. Wink
(except for Greg Salas...that haunts me to this day Laughing )

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
patman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4741109/schefter-pats-still-mull-offer-sheet

there is a question on if the offer sheet was in fact offered. So the Steeller
fans can go back to saying he is a good player.
nextsuperstar

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

goldfishwars wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
goldfishwars wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
goldfishwars wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

There is almost zero chance that there will be 15 productive wide recievers in this draft. As a side note, The last restricted free agent wideout the patriots signed was Wes Welker iirc.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

goldfishwars wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
goldfishwars wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
goldfishwars wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

Pats fans were singing a different tune when they were on the other side of the spectrum. Signing Amendola and Sanders is adding to the changing trend we've been witnessing with the Pats approach to adressing their roster. How many draft picks would that leave you with? Not too long ago, the Pats were coming into every draft with a ton of picks to always keep re-building toward the future and they were praised for that. Now they're willing to trade half their draft picks to get immediate results. And it's not like i don't understand what they're doing, i've been saying they had to win now for a couple years because their window is resting on the shoulders of Brady who obviously isn't getting any younger. I don't remember many Pats fans agreeing with that back then. Ain't that what's happening now?
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure how I feel about this deal. But the less targets for Pittsburgh the better.

Browns for division winners 2013!

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But... but, according to this forum, RFA are never signed.
ErnestoGuevara

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patman wrote:
http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4741109/schefter-pats-still-mull-offer-sheet

Can he be both a good player and could the Steelers also be willing to get a 3rd for him? Is that so crazy?
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like in the end this is a good deal for both sides if Pitt doesn't match.

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
WesWelker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ErnestoGuevara wrote:
patman wrote:

Can he be both a good player and could the Steelers also be willing to get a 3rd for him? Is that so crazy?

Yes, but there is a difference between that and trashing him by saying 4th round talents are better than an established NFL player anyway
24isthelaw

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
But... but, according to this forum, RFA are never signed.

Even if this does actually happen (which it hasn't),once every 2/3 years is a rarity for sure.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
patman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
goldfishwars wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
goldfishwars wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
goldfishwars wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

Pats fans were singing a different tune when they were on the other side of the spectrum. Signing Amendola and Sanders is adding to the changing trend we've been witnessing with the Pats approach to adressing their roster. How many draft picks would that leave you with? Not too long ago, the Pats were coming into every draft with a ton of picks to always keep re-building toward the future and they were praised for that. Now they're willing to trade half their draft picks to get immediate results. And it's not like i don't understand what they're doing, i've been saying they had to win now for a couple years because their window is resting on the shoulders of Brady who obviously isn't getting any younger. I don't remember many Pats fans agreeing with that back then. Ain't that what's happening now?

Yes that is exactly what they are doing. BB changed his strategy as the team got a lot younger. 4-5 years ago the pats had an old team they have a very young one now your off season approach changes based on the make up of the team. To keep the same strategy regardless of the make up of your team would not make any sense to me.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: