Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Patriots re-sign CB Aqib Talib to a 1-year, $5 million deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Tzimisce


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 13 Oct 2005
Posts: 45439
Location: Tuntmore Tower
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About damn time.
_________________

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
ShooterMcGavin


Joined: 23 Jul 2012
Posts: 1396
Location: Pittsburgh
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess no one wanted to give him a long-term contract? Good deal for the Pats.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ViolentMonk71


Joined: 06 May 2005
Posts: 3724
Location: Don Shula's front porch
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good signing for the Pats....with the Dolphins loading up their receiving core they are going to needs guys who can cover....
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
candyman93


Joined: 02 Dec 2009
Posts: 40365
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well a #2 CB is an absolute lock with our first pick
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 38449
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShooterMcGavin wrote:
I guess no one wanted to give him a long-term contract? Good deal for the Pats.


If you look at the OP, he had 2 different long-term offers and turned them down, one of the offers was a 5-year deal with the Patriots.
_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheKillerNacho


Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 9067
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great re-signing.
_________________
With much cheese,

Nacho Simulation Football League
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
1BackInBlackFan


Joined: 29 Mar 2010
Posts: 6631
Location: Because it's the Cup, PA (get well Mal)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he keeps his head on straight that's a real nice deal for the Patriots.
_________________


Many thanks to UniversalAuthor on the #87 Sid's sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PatriotsWin!


Joined: 10 Jan 2007
Posts: 17767
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would have preferred a multi-year deal but I'm just glad we were able to sign him. I was worried b/c it was taking so long to get a deal done.

At least we know Talib will play lights out, he wants to score a big contract next off-season.
_________________

Mack on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ShooterMcGavin


Joined: 23 Jul 2012
Posts: 1396
Location: Pittsburgh
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
ShooterMcGavin wrote:
I guess no one wanted to give him a long-term contract? Good deal for the Pats.


If you look at the OP, he had 2 different long-term offers and turned them down, one of the offers was a 5-year deal with the Patriots.

*and that is why you should read the OP before you make a post* lol
Anyway, interesting move by Talib then. He must be pretty confident he'll earn a hefty paycheck next offseason.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vikingsrule


Moderator
Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Posts: 46064
Location: Land of 10,000 Lakes!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talib has a lot of guts to turn down a 5 year deal in hopes of getting a bigger contract given his off the field issues. Perhaps he feels confident that he has turned a corner in his life where he is willing to take on such risk. Talib is a great player though.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheKillerNacho


Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 9067
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Talib has a lot of guts to turn down a 5 year deal in hopes of getting a bigger contract given his off the field issues. Perhaps he feels confident that he has turned a corner in his life where he is willing to take on such risk. Talib is a great player though.


I'm sure the this year's fairly strong CB free agency class is another reason he thinks he can get more next year. The only CBs of note to be FA next year are Charles Tillman, Tim Jennings, and DRC ... assuming none of those resign to long term contracts with their team before UFA.

http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features/freeagents/fa.php?option=DB&y=2014

Something I'm sure he thought about.. Razz
_________________
With much cheese,

Nacho Simulation Football League
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
patman


Joined: 02 Jan 2006
Posts: 974
Location: Tiverton RI
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
Talib has a lot of guts to turn down a 5 year deal in hopes of getting a bigger contract given his off the field issues. Perhaps he feels confident that he has turned a corner in his life where he is willing to take on such risk. Talib is a great player though.


I'm sure the this year's fairly strong CB free agency class is another reason he thinks he can get more next year. The only CBs of note to be FA next year are Charles Tillman, Tim Jennings, and DRC ... assuming none of those resign to long term contracts with their team before UFA.

http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features/freeagents/fa.php?option=DB&y=2014

Something I'm sure he thought about.. Razz


Well Revis too, he has an opt out or he can stay with the jets for 3 years at 6 mill per year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BenchSanchez


Joined: 27 Jan 2012
Posts: 1345
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good resigning. Real solid corner, I like how he plays.
_________________

New York JetsRutgers Scarlet KnightsBrooklyn NetsNew York Mets
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sciz


Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Posts: 15642
Location: Iowa
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleedin_Green36 wrote:
Skins fans are mad. This is the guy they wanted.
Well maybe they should stop listening to their fake reporters that claim to have inside sources so they don't get their hopes up! Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Redskins24-7


Joined: 21 Oct 2008
Posts: 14903
Location: North Beach, MD
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
Bleedin_Green36 wrote:
Skins fans are mad. This is the guy they wanted.
Well maybe they should stop listening to their fake reporters that claim to have inside sources so they don't get their hopes up! Laughing


We got our hopes up because our secondary is atrocious and almost anyone would help. Not because of these "inside sources" or whatever you may think. Evil or Very Mad
_________________
RIP SuperSkinFan
London Fletcher: 16 GP, 111 tackles, 2 sacks
Pierre Garçon: 16 GP, 113 catches, 1346 yards, 5 TDs
Roy Helu, Jr: 16 GP, 62 rushes, 274 yards, 4 TDs; 31 catches, 251 yards
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group