Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Donte Stallworth Injured in Freak Hot Air Balloon Accident
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
NextBigThing


Joined: 26 Oct 2009
Posts: 20421
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Donte Stallworth Injured in Freak Hot Air Balloon Accident Reply with quote

http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/donte-stallworth-hot-air-balloon-accident/

Stallworth was with his girlfriend & others when the hot air balloon they were in hit power lines. He's in the hospital with severe burns, but is expected to make a full recovery.

Guy has no luck when it comes to transportation & hitting things.


Last edited by NextBigThing on Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
steadypimpin


Joined: 01 Jan 2009
Posts: 8717
Location: Rockville, Maryland
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Donte Stallworth Injured in Freak Hot Air balloon Accide Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/donte-stallworth-hot-air-balloon-accident/

Stallworth was with his girlfriend & others when the hot air balloon they were in hit power lines. He's in the hospital with severe burns, but is expected to make a full recovery.

Guy has no luck when it comes to transportation & hitting things.

Karma caught up with him. Too bad his gf was involved too.
_________________

Thanks to Peppers90 on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NextBigThing


Joined: 26 Oct 2009
Posts: 20421
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Donte Stallworth Injured in Freak Hot Air balloon Accide Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/donte-stallworth-hot-air-balloon-accident/

Stallworth was with his girlfriend & others when the hot air balloon they were in hit power lines. He's in the hospital with severe burns, but is expected to make a full recovery.

Guy has no luck when it comes to transportation & hitting things.

Karma caught up with him. Too bad his gf was involved too.


Eh, I wouldn't call it karma. His "dui" case was a joke. Hopefully his girlfriend & the others are OK.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pigsooie5


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 3700
Location: Laguna Niguel, CA/ Albuquerque, NM
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out here in New Mexico we have the biggest Hot Air Baloon Festival in the World. Each year there are some that have accidents, crashing into powerlines seems to be the most common. Normally different wind drafts will push it in the wrong direction, 9 times out 10 its a pilot's error. Hopefully they make a full recovery... and the person pulling the karma card is full of it.
_________________

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
SwiftTexan


Joined: 15 Feb 2011
Posts: 3068
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this real life???
_________________
Seahawks Adopt-A-Rookie
TE Luke Willson
http://www.nfl.com/player/lukewillson/2541199/profile
Not a Texans fan...just a nickname.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Donut


Joined: 13 Jan 2008
Posts: 12343
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
Out here in New Mexico we have the biggest Hot Air Baloon Festival in the World. Each year there are some that have accidents, crashing into powerlines seems to be the most common. Normally different wind drafts will push it in the wrong direction, 9 times out 10 its a pilot's error. Hopefully they make a full recovery... and the person pulling the karma card is full of it.

Are hot air balloons difficult to operate? And by some accidents are they rare or just not talked about much?

Its not major injuries so hopefully they're both fine.
_________________
dhunt2402 wrote:
You're like the patron saint of roster bubble players Laughing
Adopt a Patriot:
2011: Matt Slater
2012: Ras I Dowling
2013: Chandler Jones
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
NS922


Joined: 01 Aug 2011
Posts: 6687
Location: New Orleans
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's.......interesting
_________________
#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BP


Joined: 14 Feb 2011
Posts: 2323
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh my gosh, hope and prayers with those people. this is why humans shouldn't have power lines suspended in the air! Confused
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
goldfishwars


Joined: 27 Mar 2011
Posts: 8090
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Donte Stallworth Injured in Freak Hot Air balloon Accide Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/donte-stallworth-hot-air-balloon-accident/

Stallworth was with his girlfriend & others when the hot air balloon they were in hit power lines. He's in the hospital with severe burns, but is expected to make a full recovery.

Guy has no luck when it comes to transportation & hitting things.

Karma caught up with him. Too bad his gf was involved too.


Err, not cool?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DirtyDez


Joined: 15 Oct 2010
Posts: 11703
Location: the Arizona desert
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hot air balloons are up there on the the world's most useless activities.
_________________

The Rebuild Has Begun...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bohlmann20


Joined: 22 Mar 2012
Posts: 5138
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
Hot air balloons are up there on the the world's most useless activities.
It wasn't useless when it was the only way to fly for over a century.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Warpticon


Joined: 21 May 2010
Posts: 1520
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I read this, all I could think about was this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVxpFZurSCs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RuskieTitan


Joined: 29 Apr 2007
Posts: 37101
Location: Front lines of Titania
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bohlmann20 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
Hot air balloons are up there on the the world's most useless activities.
It wasn't useless when it was the only way to fly for over a century.


Would you consider it useless today?
_________________

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WhackyPlague


Joined: 25 May 2008
Posts: 4900
Location: South Carolina
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't trust hot air balloons... Or any other transportation where the pilot can't actually control where it goes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
eagles101


Joined: 15 Feb 2005
Posts: 8310
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhackyPlague wrote:
I don't trust hot air balloons... Or any other transportation where the pilot can't actually control where it goes.


like a drunk person behind the wheel of a car?
_________________

props to deadpulse
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group