Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Donte Stallworth Injured in Freak Hot Air Balloon Accident
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhackyPlague

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles101 wrote:
WhackyPlague wrote:
I don't trust hot air balloons... Or any other transportation where the pilot can't actually control where it goes.

like a drunk person behind the wheel of a car?

Exactly. Laughing
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guy has terrible luck. Even worse that he's a good guy too. Regardless of what the uneducated think.
eagles101

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
Guy has terrible luck. Even worse that he's a good guy too. Regardless of what the uneducated think.

Then enlighten us about how he is such a doll

I don't understand most of that, but I can tell it's probably inaccurate.
sp6488

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles101 wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:

I mean, the guy he hit was running across the highway and he immediately called 911. He didn't sound at all impaired in his call. Not to say he's free of blame, far from it, but I'd hardly make him out to be some monster.

As far as some people's responses in this thread, they don't seem to be such great people themselves...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
eagles101 wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:

I mean, the guy he hit was running across the highway and he immediately called 911. He didn't sound at all impaired in his call. Not to say he's free of blame, far from it, but I'd hardly make him out to be some monster.

As far as some people's responses in this thread, they don't seem to be such great people themselves...

Do you have a link. All the reports i read said it was a 40 mph zone and he left after calling. Also that he had a settlement out of court. Witch usually. Means there is a gag order on the family

Sciz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles101 wrote:
Do you have a link. All the reports i read said it was a 40 mph zone and he left after calling. Also that he had a settlement out of court. Witch usually. Means there is a gag order on the family
Stallworth insisted on settling the case rather than fighting it, even though his lawyer said he most likely would have gotten off without any charges. He wanted to help the family while not causing them the pain that would go along with a long trial.

Also worth pointing out that Stallworth was out drinking, went home, went to sleep, woke up early and was going to go get some food in the morning when all this happened. He was still legally drunk at 7 AM, but it's not like he was driving right after partying.
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles101 wrote:

He stayed the entire time, and we going 45 in the far left lane of a 3 lane highway where he hit the guy - who bolts at the last second. DS was the man when he was on the pats, know that much.
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
Malik

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drunk driving is obviously terrible, but honestly he handled it in the best possible way a human being who made that mistake could.

On topic: That is the most bizarre accident I've heard an athlete getting in to. Hopefully he'll be alright to start at some point in the season.
Grachuus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donut wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
Out here in New Mexico we have the biggest Hot Air Baloon Festival in the World. Each year there are some that have accidents, crashing into powerlines seems to be the most common. Normally different wind drafts will push it in the wrong direction, 9 times out 10 its a pilot's error. Hopefully they make a full recovery... and the person pulling the karma card is full of it.

Are hot air balloons difficult to operate? And by some accidents are they rare or just not talked about much?

Its not major injuries so hopefully they're both fine.

Operation is limited to raising and lowering the altitude as the wind does all lateral travel. That altitude adjustment is not at all swift and a balloon provides a huge profile if you're trying to suddenly "leap" over something you'd need a big amount of notice.

Basically when you're using one the idea is to determine the wind pattern before take off and ensure it's going to take you where you would like to, or can safely go.

Mark Twain wrote:
Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination.

QBvsDefensiveQuality
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant help but feel bringing up his past will get this locked...

I hope D-Stall will make a quick recovery

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
I cant help but feel bringing up his past will get this locked...

I hope D-Stall will make a quick recovery

i was thinking the same thing. so ima back out of that.....but yes i also do hope for a quick recovery.

Flaccomania

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
eagles101 wrote:
Stallworth insisted on settling the case rather than fighting it, even though his lawyer said he most likely would have gotten off without any charges. He wanted to help the family while not causing them the pain that would go along with a long trial.

Also worth pointing out that Stallworth was out drinking, went home, went to sleep, woke up early and was going to go get some food in the morning when all this happened. He was still legally drunk at 7 AM, but it's not like he was driving right after partying.

Exactly. It was the next morning, after Stallworth went to sleep and he hit a guy crossing a major road at 7am not at a crosswalk (I believe the guy was heavily impaired as well).

The plea deal was Stallworth taking the deal, despite the fact that he likely could have gotten off scott free, in order to avoid putting the family through a long trial where they sit through hearing about and seeing pictures of their loved one deceased.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope he makes a fully recovery.

He found himself in a horrible situation a few years back and he handled it about as well as any human being good.

Get better Stallworth!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
Sciz wrote:
eagles101 wrote:

Exactly. It was the next morning, after Stallworth went to sleep and he hit a guy crossing a major road at 7am not at a crosswalk (I believe the guy was heavily impaired as well).

The plea deal was Stallworth taking the deal, despite the fact that he likely could have gotten off scott free, in order to avoid putting the family through a long trial where they sit through hearing about and seeing pictures of their loved one deceased.

You believe wrong, Mario Reyes had just finished his shift as a crane operator. Lets not besmirch his name in an attempt to defend Stallworth, that is just in poor taste.

Stallworth had a blood-alcohol level of .126 after the crash, well above Florida's .08 limit. Stallworth stopped after the crash and immediately told officers he had hit Reyes. Police estimated Stallworth was driving about 50 mph in a 40 mph zone.

Pedestrians ALWAYS have the right away in streets for obvious reasons, you can't just hit people. Dante should have hit the brakes instead of "flashing his lights" to warn Reyes that he wasn't going to brake.
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
Sciz wrote:
eagles101 wrote:

You believe wrong, Mario Reyes had just finished his shift as a crane operator. Lets not besmirch his name in an attempt to defend Stallworth, that is just in poor taste.

Stallworth had a blood-alcohol level of .126 after the crash, well above Florida's .08 limit. Stallworth stopped after the crash and immediately told officers he had hit Reyes. Police estimated Stallworth was driving about 50 mph in a 40 mph zone.

Pedestrians ALWAYS have the right away in streets for obvious reasons, you can't just hit people. Dante should have hit the brakes instead of "flashing his lights" to warn Reyes that he wasn't going to brake.

Scot-Free is the term. It comes from a derivative of not having to pay property taxes in medieval times. The words is actually "Sceot" although I'm not sure when they dropped the E. You leave Scott out of this - he did nothing wrong.

And it's "Right Of Way"... not Right Away as though the pedestrian is going somewhere quickly.
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=550031

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: