Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL MOCK DRAFT v.4.0 (3 ROUNDS)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SemperFeist

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joru1000 wrote:
vikings aint passing on keenan allen even with greg jennings

They better if Xavier Rhodes is on the board.

I like Allen, but that knee is starting to worry me. The fact that he's missed both the combine and his proday, combined with how deep the draft is with wide receivers, I'd take Rhodes at 23 and take the risk of waiting one more pick to grab him.

Personally, I'd rather see them draft Hopkins or Te'o at 25. I'm one of the few Vikings fans who is not all that high on Arthur Brown, especially at MLB. In this situation, I'd draft DeAndre Hopkins at 25. In the 2nd round, with the way you have it falling, Larry Warford needs to be the pick. His value is way to high to pass on. And, while I wouldn't complain about Moore in the 3rd, I think I'd rather see the team draft Wheaton or Dobson.
eaglesSOAR100

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: 2013 NFL MOCK DRAFT v.4.0 (3 ROUNDS) Reply with quote

justo wrote:
eaglesSOAR100 wrote:
26 Green Bay Packers Tyler Eifert TE Notre Dame
55 Green Bay Packers Eric Reid S LSU
88 Green Bay Packers Monte Ball RB Wisconsin

Rather have Jesse Williams, Gavin Escobar, Shamarko Thomas, but it's not bad. Only pick I would be mad about is Reid. Green Bay is looking for a guy is a rangy FS. No me gusta Reid.

I could see Jesse at #26, but I felt Eifert is a luxury they wouldnt be able to pass up. Considering the loss of Jennings and Finley's open displeasure with the franchise. Also I actually think Reid is a better player and fit at FS. Dont think Shamarko is gonna play FS at next level more of SS IMO.
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid first two selections for the Steelers. They are going to need WR help and Patterson has loads of potential. Collins can be that OLB they really need to replace Harrison. I'm not that big on Franklin as some are though. I only see him being a change of pace type of back.

^^The only QB in history with 6 TD passes in B2B games plus two 500 yard games. Props to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig!
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the 1st and 3rd round picks but not a fan of the 2nd round pick. I doubt we'll go after a TE after signing Delanie Walker. We still have Craig Stevens under contract and still have high hopes for last years 5th round pick Taylor Thompson. I'd go with Warford to complete our O-Line with Roos - Levitre - Velasco - Warford - Stewart. That's a hell of an O-Line.

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eaglesSOAR100 wrote:
FalconFan13 wrote:
overall not to bad for the Falcons. With that said i can upgrade this draft for the Falcons with better players and bigger needs.

1st - Jessie Williams - Love going DT early you did wonderful with that. But i think Jessie can be the NT in a 3-4 much easier than Sylvester can. We need a guy who can be a 3-4 NT and a 4-3 DT to help stuff the run.

Would love feedback on which of those 2 guys you think can anchor the 3-4 NT spot Nolan has said he wants to run more of since thats what he does best. Either way great position in the 1st round at DT.

2nd - Tank Carradine - We need a DE WAY MORE than a TE now and it's not even close. We were one of the worst teams in the league on getting pressure on the QB last year. Tank is actually a 1st round talent/value when healthy and is a great choice here in the 2nd round. No chance a TE is needed more than a DE right now for this team. Im not saying don't get a TE just don't do it so early when the Defensive front 7 is in such bigger need since Gonzo is back.

3rd - Don't mind the CB pick since Grimes is back yet but if he resigns then i say look at Sean Porter at OLB for this spot as we for sure need a upgrade in the Lb core as well.

4th - You can look at TE/OLB/Cb/RB here with whichever you didn't grab in the 3rd round.

I was under the impression the Falcons were purely a 4-3 team. I dont remember them playing 3-4 at all really. So thats why I chose Sylvester Williams over Jesse Williams. Sylvester can play any techinque in a 3-4 or a 4-3 he's very versatile and his pas rushing skills are far superior to Jesse. Considering the Falcons below average pass rush I chose Sylvester, plus I believe Jesse fits better at that 3-4 DE end spot.

As for the 2nd round Carradine was a possibility, but until his medical clears he's still a risk. Gonzalez only has one year, and who better to tutor a young TE than him. Escobar is extremely polished and might have the best set of hands in the draft. Falcons lack depth at TE anyway, and it could be a huge asset for the Falcons to have two capable TE's on the field at one time. This should also prevent any wear and tear on Gonzalex heading into the playoffs, which is ultimately the reason Tony is coming back.

In the 3rd I couldnt find a DE worth taking at that spot, and regardless of whether Grimes leaves or not the Falcons are on the older side in that secondary and lack depth, Alford is a good prospect who could sit for a year or two and learn under Asante and Grimes.

Nope we are not a pure 4-3 Defense we ran quite a good bit of the 3-4 look last year and have already been hinted at by Smitty and Nolan than they want to use it alot more. The problem we had was no true 3-4 NT to man that spot. We have plenty of DT that can get pressure in Babs, Peters, Jerry, and possibly Vance Walker if he resigns too. We have no DT's that are built of stopping the run and helping us run the 3-4 we used a good bit last year.

Still though as you said you can't find a DE worth taking in the 3rd round. So that means we go with absolutely no DE in the 1st 3 or so rounds at out biggest need in the entire draft and our biggest weakness on the entire team. We just can not do that at all. Even if we have to reach on a guy in the 2nd round we have to get one in the 1st 2 rounds.

Tank is a 1st round candidate and their are some good reports on him healing very well so in the 2nd round he is more than worthy of the choice considering you have him going right after us how is he not worth like 5 or 6 picks higher to a team with that big of a need.

Plus think of it like this the TE positions is super deep with guys like Reed, Mcdonald, Fauria, Kelce etc... in the 3rd and 4th rounds. So where as you ran into a problem at DE for value there in the 3rd round you won't run into that problem with TE. Thats just drafting smart bro know where the talent is at for each position DE is strong earlier not in the 3rd and 4th. TE is stronger in the 3rd to 4th with many more talented players thats pretty much as good as Escobar.
vang_evo9

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eifert, Reid, Ball is ok....but i'd rather have Eifert, J. Hankins, Ball.
mlucas12002

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad for Cleveland. I get the impression around here that now that Jarvis Jones has been cleared, he would be the pick over Dion Jordan. I would be perfectly happy with either one though.

Also, I know OG is a need, but I personally think TE is a bigger one, so I'd rather have Jordan Reed or Dion Sims.
eaglesSOAR100

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Love the 1st and 3rd round picks but not a fan of the 2nd round pick. I doubt we'll go after a TE after signing Delanie Walker. We still have Craig Stevens under contract and still have high hopes for last years 5th round pick Taylor Thompson. I'd go with Warford to complete our O-Line with Roos - Levitre - Velasco - Warford - Stewart. That's a hell of an O-Line.

Youre right about Ertz, i probably took every free agent into account for this mock except Walker.
eaglesSOAR100

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mlucas12002 wrote:
Not bad for Cleveland. I get the impression around here that now that Jarvis Jones has been cleared, he would be the pick over Dion Jordan. I would be perfectly happy with either one though.

Also, I know OG is a need, but I personally think TE is a bigger one, so I'd rather have Jordan Reed or Dion Sims.

good to know, but until Jarvis is cleared I'd have to lean towards Dion
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
Give the bengals Sio Moore over Alex Okafor in round 2

Vaccaro in round 1, Greene in the 2nd I like Okefor then Ellington

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
TomRalph

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Margus Hunt, Poyer and Shamarko?

Wow, I like it, more than I should.

Adopt-a-Patriot '14: Danny Amendola
Nobody

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great picks! Fills two of our biggest needs, and good value!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: 2013 NFL MOCK DRAFT v.4.0 (3 ROUNDS) Reply with quote

eaglesSOAR100 wrote:
1 Kansas City Chiefs Eric Fisher OT Central Michigan

19 New York Giants Alec Ogletree ILB Georgia

23 Minnesota Vikings Xavier Rhodes CB Florida State

49 New York Giants Kawann Short DT Purdue

55 Green Bay Packers Eric Reid S LSU

58 Denver Broncos Brandon Williams DT Missouri Southern State

63 Kansas City Chiefs Tank Carradine DE Florida State

81 New York Giants Logan Ryan CB Rutgers

I will explain and defend any pick of interest

I'm not sure we could pass on Rhodes for Ogletree.
Reid would be of interest in the second, so would Brandon Williams, but Short is a solid pick. However, we won't pass up Tank in the second unless he has a major set back.
Ryan depends on if we take Rhodes. I would prefer Tharold Simon over Ryan though and snag an OL in the 3rd or even Gerald Hodges.
Solid Mock though, wouldn't complain at all.
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im on board and would be happy.

but at our first 2 i think moore and datone are better options

new sig... sorry alex
Cash

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Amerson and would be happy with the pick but realistically he doesnt fit Shanahans drafting profile.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: