Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rams Sign OT Jake Long
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Bond_007x


Joined: 06 Mar 2007
Posts: 2249
Location: Montreal, Quebec
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulger2holt wrote:
Saffold never said anything about moving to RT. That was his agent. Fisher said he talked to Rodger and he said he is fine. Rodger will be a very good RT


Source?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chris00cm


Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 17072
Location: St. Charles, Missouri
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bond_007x wrote:
bulger2holt wrote:
Saffold never said anything about moving to RT. That was his agent. Fisher said he talked to Rodger and he said he is fine. Rodger will be a very good RT


Source?
Press conference.
_________________


Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bulger2holt


Joined: 05 Jan 2006
Posts: 1570
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:
Bond_007x wrote:
bulger2holt wrote:
Saffold never said anything about moving to RT. That was his agent. Fisher said he talked to Rodger and he said he is fine. Rodger will be a very good RT


Source?
Press conference.



This
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
yrba1


Joined: 25 Jan 2011
Posts: 1305
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulger2holt wrote:
Saffold never said anything about moving to RT. That was his agent. Fisher said he talked to Rodger and he said he is fine. Rodger will be a very good RT


I have my doubts seeing that Saffold might have problems dealing with premier bull rushers.
_________________
♪ R.I.P. Nujabes ♫
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Emerica


Joined: 12 Nov 2011
Posts: 1380
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FishersMustache wrote:
Do the Dolphins hate the Rams or what?

Lost out on Jeff Fisher, Jared Cook and now Jake Long.


Those things aren't really worth getting mad. No reason for Miami to ''hate'' the Rams.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bleedin_Green36


Joined: 25 Feb 2008
Posts: 13012
Location: Largo, FL
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, good job by the Rams. Thought he was going back to the Dolphins. That's 3 now, Fisher, Cook and Long all picking the Rams over Miami.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bond_007x


Joined: 06 Mar 2007
Posts: 2249
Location: Montreal, Quebec
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulger2holt wrote:
chris00cm wrote:
Bond_007x wrote:
bulger2holt wrote:
Saffold never said anything about moving to RT. That was his agent. Fisher said he talked to Rodger and he said he is fine. Rodger will be a very good RT


Source?
Press conference.



This


Any link to said press conference?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
S-jax39


Joined: 23 Aug 2010
Posts: 6555
Location: [D]MV
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bond_007x wrote:
Jake Long on the Left, Rodger Saffold on the Right.

I love it. None of these NFCW Pass rusher, will touch Bradford.

Laughing


They will with justin smith holding. Laughing
_________________
Welp
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 45927
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yrba1 wrote:
bulger2holt wrote:
Saffold never said anything about moving to RT. That was his agent. Fisher said he talked to Rodger and he said he is fine. Rodger will be a very good RT


I have my doubts seeing that Saffold might have problems dealing with premier bull rushers.


There are just as many premier bull rushers at RDE. I'm more concerned with run blocking but if he can protect Sam at a high level, that's enough for me.
_________________
The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Warpticon


Joined: 21 May 2010
Posts: 1561
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty happy this happened. Sentiment made me want Long to stay, but realistically there are other linemen who are better fits for Miami's offense and likely cheaper as well. Don't be surprised if Winston or Vollmer are announced as Dolphins within the next 48 hours.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
S-jax39


Joined: 23 Aug 2010
Posts: 6555
Location: [D]MV
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
yrba1 wrote:
bulger2holt wrote:
Saffold never said anything about moving to RT. That was his agent. Fisher said he talked to Rodger and he said he is fine. Rodger will be a very good RT


I have my doubts seeing that Saffold might have problems dealing with premier bull rushers.


There are just as many premier bull rushers at RDE. I'm more concerned with run blocking but if he can protect Sam at a high level, that's enough for me.


Didnt the whole forum think saffold couldnt play rt...what happened?
_________________
Welp
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bobikus


Joined: 07 Jun 2009
Posts: 8615
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be real crazy to see a year where both NFC WC teams come out of the NFCW.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Emerica


Joined: 12 Nov 2011
Posts: 1380
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warpticon wrote:
I'm pretty happy this happened. Sentiment made me want Long to stay, but realistically there are other linemen who are better fits for Miami's offense and likely cheaper as well. Don't be surprised if Winston or Vollmer are announced as Dolphins within the next 48 hours.


Couldn't have said it better. I liked Jake, would've liked to see him back but it's not that big of a deal that he's gone. We have the chance to pick up a very promising T early in the draft that will fit our scheme better or Winston/Vollmer.

I'm glad this is finally over and our teams can move on now.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 45927
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobikus wrote:
Would be real crazy to see a year where both NFC WC teams come out of the NFCW.


The NFC Worst no more... Wink

Emerica wrote:
Warpticon wrote:
I'm pretty happy this happened. Sentiment made me want Long to stay, but realistically there are other linemen who are better fits for Miami's offense and likely cheaper as well. Don't be surprised if Winston or Vollmer are announced as Dolphins within the next 48 hours.


Couldn't have said it better. I liked Jake, would've liked to see him back but it's not that big of a deal that he's gone. We have the chance to pick up a very promising T early in the draft that will fit our scheme better or Winston/Vollmer.

I'm glad this is finally over and our teams can move on now.


Agreed. Both sides need this to be resolved.
_________________
The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CornOnDaCobb


Joined: 16 Jan 2013
Posts: 516
Location: Tampa, FL
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

STLRamsFan99 wrote:
CornOnDaCobb wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
You'll have to excuse my doubts. Too many false alarms.


Wow a Rams fan that doesn't think their team is a Super Bowl favorite! Wink


No one eluded they were. Are you mad Greenbay isn't the favorite right now or something? Sounds like you are bitter about the signing.


No it justs seems like every Rams fan I've seen thinks their the [inappropriate/removed] or something lol not to generalzie
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group