Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Post Compensatory 7 rounder (No Trades)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suffering_Bills wrote:
There are a LOT of things bad about this mock, but the most BLATANT would be that of your having Datone Jones and Justin Hunter falling to the last two picks of the SECOND round. End of the 1st round would be closer to reality.

There's no way I see either as first round picks. Jones wasn't even the best pass rusher on his own team and had major problems shedding blockers. He'd get hung up on OT's and OG's quite a bit. I'd know, I'm a big UCLA fan. He's too much of a risk for the first round. As for Justin Hunter, he has very inconsistent hands. He's athletic and fast, but he plays recklessly and drops alot of easy passes.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JagsFanInNY wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Stopped reading after Barkley, DO NOT WANT
you want Geno at 2 but not Barkley at 33?!! Come on now!! that is absurd!

Draft as a whole for the Jags is pretty fantastic!!

I agree. Thanks.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Post Compensatory 7 rounder (No Trades) Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
18. Dallas- Jonathan Cooper, OG, North Carolina: Dallas desperately needs some inside blockers. They couldn't find any running lanes at all last season and that made the offense predictable and one dimensional. I know Dallas needs D-Line help as well, but they have tried to patch up the OG spots with mid level talent recently and that proved to be a bad move. In my mind, there are 3 elite OG prospects in Warmack, Cooper and Warford. All will be gone by the time Dallas picks in round 2 and the dropoff from that point on, would be a steep one. Cooper is definitely worth this selection as he is ranked just a tad below Chance Warmack, on most boards, as the top OG prospect in the draft. His ability to come in and start right away, could help the Cowboys' run game immensely, as they finally look to open some running lanes.

If Cooper falls, he's the unquestionable selection here, except for the fact that you have Star still available. I don't think he makes it out of the top 5, let alone Top 10 unless his heart is just failing ever team's test, in which case he's going to go in the 4th or 5th, not the first.

Quote:
49. Dallas- Jonathan Cyprien, S, Florida International

I know Cyprien has high 2nd, low 1st round grade for many people, but I'm just not sold. I see him as a hard hitting run support S but Dallas has a SS in Church and needs a guy who can cover single-high and centerfield along with slot WR's in man or TE's. This just hits me as a bad fit despite the value.

I would rather look at an Arthur Brown or a Kyle Long here

Quote:
82. Dallas- Bennie Logan, DT, LSU

I could certainly see us going DT, but I think Phillip Thomas would be the better pick here if we passed on Cyp in the 2nd. That or if we took Brown earlier then I could see Queensberry going here.

Quote:
116. Dallas- Joseph Randle, RB, Oklahoma State

Would pass on Randle and take Schwenke here who is an absolute steal in the 4th (would even have taken him in the 3rd at 82)

Quote:
153. Dallas- Devonte Holloman, LB, South Carolina

If we added Arthur Brown then I'd rather see us go a different direction here, perhaps a Marquis Goodwin or Josh Boyce to add WR depth.

Quote:
187. Dallas- Tavarres King, WR, Georgia

Don't know much about King but WR is a position we could use some depth at so not a hater of this pick at all. However I think we'd look at a guy like Maponga who is a local kid we've had in and met with a couple times and would give us a 4th player to play DE and a potential replacement should Spencer not be extended.

Summary
1. Star Lotuleilei (DT)
2. Kyle Long (G)
3. Phillip Thomas (S)
4. Brian Schwenke (C)
5. Marquiss Goodwin (WR)
6. Stansley Maponga (DE)

Sig courtesy of mack.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like it for Oakland except Bray. Swap him out for a CB or FS and I'm good. Preferably Rambo, Alford or McFadden.

CrapTakula wrote:
Cleveland steamer?

make sure you wash well.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Post Compensatory 7 rounder (No Trades) Reply with quote

[quote="MaddHatter"]
TheOsprey wrote:
18. Dallas- Jonathan Cooper, OG, North Carolina: Dallas desperately needs some inside blockers. They couldn't find any running lanes at all last season and that made the offense predictable and one dimensional. I know Dallas needs D-Line help as well, but they have tried to patch up the OG spots with mid level talent recently and that proved to be a bad move. In my mind, there are 3 elite OG prospects in Warmack, Cooper and Warford. All will be gone by the time Dallas picks in round 2 and the dropoff from that point on, would be a steep one. Cooper is definitely worth this selection as he is ranked just a tad below Chance Warmack, on most boards, as the top OG prospect in the draft. His ability to come in and start right away, could help the Cowboys' run game immensely, as they finally look to open some running lanes.

Quote:
If Cooper falls, he's the unquestionable selection here, except for the fact that you have Star still available. I don't think he makes it out of the top 5, let alone Top 10 unless his heart is just failing ever team's test, in which case he's going to go in the 4th or 5th, not the first.

I won't know where to put Star until after he is evaluated again on April 15 (I believe). That is when players who fail physicals at the Combine are then re-evaluated and teams can get a final decision on their overall health. If Star passes, he'll be a top 10 player, possibly top 5. If he fails, I only see teams like the Texans (with no real immediate needs), taking a flier on him in round 1. That way if he busts, it won't set the team back.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Like it for Oakland except Bray. Swap him out for a CB or FS and I'm good. Preferably Rambo, Alford or McFadden.

I am almost positive, the Raiders will draft a QB and fairly early in the draft (first 3-4 rounds). They have never seemed to mind taking players with off the field issues and that is the only thing keeping Bray from being the top QB in this draft. His arm is better than any QB in this class. It's his mental state that is holding him back.
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a big fan of the Colts going all defense with the first 3 picks, would like to see a WR if we don't add one in FA before then. Also our DL depth is fantastic now that we added RJF and Franklin so I think replacing Gholston with a WR is the way to go.

Also your order is a bit off. The Colts 6th and 7th rounders are #192, 230, and 254 you have them as #194, 231 and 255
Redskins24-7

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only 2 selections on defense for the Redskins? A TE in the 3rd round? I don't get it.
Duke Ihenacho: IR
Ryan Clark: 40 tackles, 1 PDef, .5 sacks
Logan Paulsen: 9 catches, 46 yards... and a fumble
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Bengals draft assuming Smith leaves

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
Good Bengals draft assuming Smith leaves

That is the whole key to the Bengals draft. If he stays, Matt Elam might sneak into round 1.
broadwayjoe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Jets Reply with quote

Put a TE or another LB instead of QB in Rd 3 and i like the draft for the Jets
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Jets Reply with quote

broadwayjoe wrote:

You guys HAVE to take a QB. I know it's a risk, given this is a bad QB class, but the guys you have now are flat out terrible!
green24

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Jets Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
broadwayjoe wrote:

You guys HAVE to take a QB. I know it's a risk, given this is a bad QB class, but the guys you have now are flat out terrible!

No, we don't. I'd rather wait a year to draft a franchise QB than take another bust this year.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Jets Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
broadwayjoe wrote:

No, we don't. I'd rather wait a year to draft a franchise QB than take another bust this year.

I just don't see that happening. Rex Ryan is essentially fighting for his job. Another year like last season and he's a goner. With a ragtag group of QB's like Garrard, Sanchez, Tebow, McElroy and Simms, you'll be lucky to finish with a 5-11 record. All of those guys are backup quality/3rd stringers and Tebow should be an Arena League QB. At least Nassib gives you a fighting chance to develop into something good.
Joe Nobody

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
3. Oakland- Ezekial Ansah, DE, BYU: The Raiders could go a number of ways here. They are talking about releasing Carson Palmer, which would open up the need for a QB. They also have huge needs on the D-Line as well, both interior and exterior. They could even use an OT as well. Looking at the board, the one player who has the highest ceiling is Ansah. He has the size to play 3-4 OLB or 4-3 DE and since he is relatively new to the game of football, he is getting better each time he gets on the field. He is very raw and had a rough week of Senior Bowl practices, proving that he will need a lot of coaching, but his potential is incredible as he showed in the actual game, where he looked virtually unblockable and made play after play, dominating the line of scrimmage.

High risk pick, but I could get behind it. Big and strong enough to kick inside on some passing downs, which makes him all the more valuable.

Quote:
68. Oakland- Tyler Bray, QB, Tennessee

McKenzie is cleaning out all the guys with suspect attitudes. He's not going to turn around and spend a draft pick on one. I just can't see it.

Terron Armstead would be a nice value pick there. Brandon Jenkins, Robert Alford, Zach Ertz, or maybe a WR would make more sense. Even Ryan Nassib would be more likely than Bray.

Quote:
102. Oakland- Akeem Spence, DT, Illinois

I'm for it.

Quessenberry, Winters, Escobar, or Bell would also be nice choices.

Quote:
174. Oakland- D.J. Hayden, CB, Houston

Can't complain about DB depth.

Quote:
206. Oakland- Christine Michael, RB, Texas A&M

See my Tyler Bray comment.

Quote:
210. Oakland- Luke Marquardt, OT, Azusa Pacific

This is why I love 7 round mocks. They force me to research. All I can say is "O-line depth? We need it."

Quote:
220. Oakland (Via Carolina)- Michael Mauti, LB, Penn State

Backup MLB. We could use one.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: